Sziget Festival 2017

#1SzigetFan

• Replies 601
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The thing is Sziget is 7 days so for sure you're gonna have a very weak head at least! Last year it was Manu Chao.

Rita Ora is also main stage high spot, maybe sub? If she sub for him that's horrible!! SO many great bands in august, I don't understand.

For the first time in 4 years, i'm doubting about Sziget.

So disappointed, hope you read this thread. 

Is there a confirmation for this besides the fact that he is so high up on the poster? Just looked at my previous years line-up shirts and end-show artists have always ended up at the second row of names. Hoping something pumps Wiz there aswell. I have nothing against Wiz Khalifa, but having that kind of a price raise and then getting artists like him headline.. it just hurts me. As a client I feel like i've been cheated on. 

Are they using only facebook likes as statistics to see how high up someone should be? Lol. Then at least look how many of those likes come from Europe. Wiz Khalifa sub-headlinig would even make me ask questions, Rita Ora should play A38, but her sub-headlining.... what is this sorcery? I work in a major radio station in my country and I have pretty good understanding of what is selling good around here.. looks like someone does not. But oh well, I keep reminding myself that acts such as Kings of Leon or Prince have all been announced only months before the festival. (Undercard is getting pretty okay tho) 

Who's doing this booking stuff now that Dan has passed away? 

6 minutes ago, siiiim said:

Is there a confirmation for this besides the fact that he is so high up on the poster? Just looked at my previous years line-up shirts and end-show artists have always ended up at the second row of names. Hoping something pumps Wiz there aswell. I have nothing against Wiz Khalifa, but having that kind of a price raise and then getting artists like him headline.. it just hurts me. As a client I feel like i've been cheated on. 

Are they using only facebook likes as statistics to see how high up someone should be? Lol. Then at least look how many of those likes come from Europe. Wiz Khalifa sub-headlinig would even make me ask questions, Rita Ora should play A38, but her sub-headlining.... what is this sorcery? I work in a major radio station in my country and I have pretty good understanding of what is selling good around here.. looks like someone does not. But oh well, I keep reminding myself that acts such as Kings of Leon or Prince have all been announced only months before the festival. (Undercard is getting pretty okay tho) 

Who's doing this booking stuff now that Dan has passed away? 

I understand your concern. I also feel like I've been cheated on!! No confirmation though, just an assumption. If they had bigger names they would've announced it by now, i'm sure he will headline.

If they don't find headliners, I hope the headers for World Music will be bigger (bring Tinariwen, Alpha Blondy, Tiken Jah); but there is still 2-3 headliners to be announced.

Edited by Noeliam

1 hour ago, Noeliam said:

The thing is Sziget is 7 days so for sure you're gonna have a very weak head at least! Last year it was Manu Chao.

Rita Ora is also main stage high spot, maybe sub? If she sub for him that's horrible!! SO many great bands in august, I don't understand.

For the first time in 4 years, i'm doubting about Sziget.

So disappointed, hope you read this thread. 

Manu Chao isn't weak headliner. He is in UK or in the Netherlands but not in the central and south Europe :D

This announcement is really bad tho

1 minute ago, Nicklord said:

Manu Chao isn't weak headliner. He is in UK or in the Netherlands but not in the central and south Europe :D

I saw him as headliner at Lowlands Festival in 2001, still one of the most memorable festival performances I've ever seen...

1 hour ago, Nicklord said:

Don't get me wrong, on the 7 headliners last year I saw The Chemical Brothers, Muse and Manu Chao! I love him, it's just that he could have headlined the world music stage it would have been the same (and even better, for us fans).

12 minutes ago, Uncle Liam said:

Embarrassing. 

They just don't learn. I'm 90% sacking this off now and going to summer well instead. 

17239896_1309023142477375_23348298199001

Yeah,forgot to post this... + Editors, Glass Animals, Honne and Roosevelt for Summer Well.

Probably one more band to be added, I expect something fairly big. It's the first time they split the line up announcement in 3.

So far for me: Kasabian, Flume, Pj Harvey, Alt J, Interpol, Bad religion, Oliver Heldens, Andy C, Nothing but Thieves, Dubioza Kolektiv and De Staat. That's way too little for a 7 day festival even without full lineup. I guess I'll get a one day ticket like last year at most

Edited by Nicklord

How the hell can you book Wiz Khalifa when Chance the rapper is in Europe? It's 2017, Sziget, omfg.

And how can we say the undercard is good when they failed to book Moderat, London grammar, Aphex twin, Skepta, at the drive in, band of horses, iggy pop, pet shop boys, cypress hill, dub fx, elbow, flaming lips, architects, mr oizo, Sigma live, future islands, glass animals, mura masa ... all touring in august and perfect to make a memorable Main and A38 lineup.

1 minute ago, Diocane said:

And how can we say the undercard is good when they failed to book Moderat, London grammar, Aphex twin, Skepta, at the drive in, band of horses, iggy pop, pet shop boys, cypress hill, dub fx, elbow, flaming lips, architects, mr oizo, Sigma live, future islands, glass animals, mura masa ... all touring in august and perfect to make a memorable Main and A38 lineup.

You seem to have failed to see the bit, my taste. B)

3 minutes ago, thetime said:

You seem to have failed to see the bit, my taste. B)

yeah, I like a lot of the undercard announced too. But if I look at the poster objectively I cannot say they did a good job. Even if I'm gonna have fun, I'd never hire them as bookers for my hypothetical festival, there's too much shit covering the good artists. 

1 hour ago, Diocane said:

How the hell can you book Wiz Khalifa when Chance the rapper is in Europe? It's 2017, Sziget, omfg.

Totally agree.

Undercard is nice but could be way better... 

I just tried to look at a Wiz Khalifa concerto on youtube, that shit is too poor even for an A38 headline spot. Just a dj (rapping more than him) and the guy walking on stage smoking blunts. This probably costed like an Hungarian act. They're making fun of us

Do they have a headliner for each day of the festival? So with Kasabian, Major Lazer, Wiz and Dimitri (4) there are 3 more headliners to be announced? Is that correct?

And also are we waiting on the main headliner? Previous years had Robbie Williams and Rihanna. If so I am hoping it is Eminem as he is palying leads and reading and Sziget already seems to share half that lineup. 

Also Wiz is such a terrible headliner.