Sziget Festival 2017

#1SzigetFan

• Replies 601
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Mondo-kun said:

Aren't DVLM playing End Show on 16th? :huh:

People often make this mistake, but it's because Sziget isn't always clear!

09th august: Day -1
10th august: Day 0
11th august: Day 1
12th august: Day 2
13th august: Day 3
14th august: Day 4
15th august: Day 5

We have to leave the island on the 16th by 10am :) 

Just now, Noeliam said:

People often make this mistake, but it's because Sziget isn't always clear!

09th august: Day -1
10th august: Day 0
11th august: Day 1
12th august: Day 2
13th august: Day 3
14th august: Day 4
15th august: Day 5

We have to leave the island on the 16th by 10am :) 

Yeah, sorry, completely forgot about the way Sziget is counting days.
Thanks!

6 minutes ago, Mondo-kun said:

Yeah, sorry, completely forgot about the way Sziget is counting days.
Thanks!

Welcome! :)

Few opinions:

V Festival lineup sucks (I'd rather Eminem over Jay-Z).
Reading and Leeds is weird, few names i'd take from there!

Moderat in the next announcement or !!!
Hoping for Beach House, Glass Animals and some other undercard...

Welcome the first batch of names for Sziget's Europe Stage! Europe Stage is the hub for Europe's hottest up-and-coming bands!
ALMA  * Elle Exxe  * Klangstof  * BAZZOOKAS * Biga* Ranx * Käptn Peng & Die Tentakel von Delphi * Riky Rick Makhado  * Clément Bazin  * Tre allegri ragazzi morti  * Full Trunk  * Oligarkh * Brutto * BRUTUS  * Nemo Music  * VAN HOLZEN  * Leyya  * Greetings Sugar  * Dremen * ZOO * IRAH  * Klara & The Pop 

Tre Allegri Ragazzi Morti is a pretty big italian indie band. I seriously reccomend you to give them a listen.

10 hours ago, Uncle Liam said:

Best is flying

Cheapest is walking

I have spent to long actually thinking about this one. With the low price of air travel(got mine for 160 quid from heathrow wth BA), would you actually send more on footwear from belgium to budapest rather than flying. ;)

Edited by thetime

It's really easy to get in and out of Sziget on public transport. 

The train drops at FILATORIGAT which is just round the corner from the main gate and they run til reasonably late.

The best way in and out is by boat up the Danube though! A bit slower but spectacular, & the boats run down the river back into the city til about 2am.

All accessible on your Sziget city pass which for about 25€ all in, gets you on and off all public transport, & includes one free trip to a lido during festival week!

We were getting ours from Petofi Square and although they were advertised as every 30 minutes, they definitely came along a lot more often. We never waited long for one we could get on.

the problem was on the way back when they threw everyone off at Margarit Hid because we'd got in the wrong boat! That was a bit of a walk! ....but that happened with the train as a well - got halfway back, tried to change trains and found out the trains had stopped!

mostly it worked OK though! It's all part of the adventure!

I've been with the Sziget Express a couple of times and with the bus once. To me the Sziget Express is 10x better than the bus. You can stand up and walk anytime you want! But if you go by train, make sure to book a place in a sleeping wagon, because having an own bed is definitely worth the extra money.

The ride takes 22hours which is fine I guess. We chose for the basic package with regular seats. Sleeping turned to be close to impossible. We didnt bring much beer and food because they promised you could buy food and beer on board. Turned out you can buy food and drinks but only in the party coupé. The only problem is, that there was 1 party coupé in a train of over 30 coupés. So IT was always full which resulted in a 2 hour wait. Sounds fine if you are really hungry? Well the party coupé gets cleaned every 2 hours which means everyone has to leave to their own coupé. We had dinner at 00.00. (the dinner was a hoddog and cupnoodles). However if you prepare better than I did IT will probably be a proper ride. Bring your own food and drinks forehand. Take the premium ride with actual beds. 

Edited by Sietseo

11 hours ago, Anyad said:

I've been with the Sziget Express a couple of times and with the bus once. To me the Sziget Express is 10x better than the bus. You can stand up and walk anytime you want! But if you go by train, make sure to book a place in a sleeping wagon, because having an own bed is definitely worth the extra money.

Yeah definitely the sleeping wagon.

43 minutes ago, Sietseo said:

The ride takes 22hours which is fine I guess. We chose for the basic package with regular seats. Sleeping turned to be close to impossible. We didnt bring much beer and food because they promised you could buy food and beer on board. Turned out you can buy food and drinks but only in the party coupé. The only problem is, that there was 1 party coupé in a train of over 30 coupés. So IT was always full which resulted in a 2 hour wait. Sounds fine if you are really hungry? Well the party coupé gets cleaned every 2 hours which means everyone has to leave to their own coupé. We had dinner at 00.00. (the dinner was a hoddog and cupnoodles). However if you prepare better than I did IT will probably be a proper ride. Bring your own food and drinks forehand. Take the premium ride with actual beds. 

Yeah, a better preparation is definitely required. With that and a bed it will surely make the ride a much nicer experience than a bus ride.

First time I went with the train, the organisers sent an e-mail telling there would be a bar wagon with food and drinks, but they recommended to not rely on that and to bring own food and drinks. So, I've always done that. The party wagon is always full in the first hours after departure, but during the night it usually gets easier to get in.