Sziget Festival 2017

#1SzigetFan

14 hours ago, Szigetfanatic said:

I dont understand it. One TBA is missing? How they filled it without anouncing a new name? This piss me off!

They announced Glass Animals on Facebook. I wonder who will be the last one (I hope that it won't be Sean Paul or Lana del Rey).

6 hours ago, Uncle Liam said:

Has anyone else noticed that ticket sales appear to have just stopped? There's been no announcement on that at all. A few weeks ago they couldn't stop telling us how close it was to selling out.

There was an announcement regarding 5-days tickets, few weeks ago. I can still buy 7-days tickets or tickets for a single day.

• Replies 601
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
9 hours ago, MadScientist said:

I've got glastonblues and looking at sziget. Only question I have is what is the crack with alcohol? I see you're not allowed to bring it

You're not allowed to be she any in, very very cheap though. Not the extortion you get at UK feats, equivalent to around the £1.80 mark.

Here's a price list

http://szigetfestival.com/content/_common/attachments/pricelist_jav.pdf

Edited by thetime

On 6/29/2017 at 10:52 PM, MadScientist said:

I've got glastonblues and looking at sziget. Only question I have is what is the crack with alcohol? I see you're not allowed to bring it

I'm totally with you! No Glastonbury next year either so I'm heartbroken, but I have Sziget to get look towards :)

I went last year and highly recommend, the best festival I've been to so far even with the 'no-booze' rule. It's super cheap, so cheap it's dangerous so don't let that aspect put you off! Haha.

Have a good one! :rofl: 

I think they're taking time because the name is extremely bad (or there's no name at all lol).

So they try to sell some tickets now just by making people hope for a good name... because they won't sell any other ticket when we'll see the announcement

By this time last year we had an app where we could check out some of the music that was new to us and make our own daily plan. I wonder why that hasn't appeared this year yet?

1 hour ago, amfy said:

By this time last year we had an app where we could check out some of the music that was new to us and make our own daily plan. I wonder why that hasn't appeared this year yet?

It has hasn't it? I can on the sziget app, you need to fave the acts to produce your plan. Click on the artist and you can listen to them and links to there you tube and other social media.

Me too - Anne-Marie is OK but no great miss in a line up that has a lot of her kind of sound. I am surprised she has cancelled without giving a reason though - there's an apology but it does just sound like she couldn't quite be bothered!

I found the app! My line up is looking OK most days to be fair! Some days are actually very good. I think because I am older, and have only been once before, more of it is appealing to me than maybe some younger and many time szitezens!

19 minutes ago, amfy said:

I found the app! My line up is looking OK most days to be fair! Some days are actually very good. I think because I am older, and have only been once before, more of it is appealing to me than maybe some younger and many time szitezens!

I think the line up is pretty good, especially the under card. The headliners I'm not into, but liking the under  card. I think a couple more guitar headliners it would of been more acceptable for the masses.

im like you a bit older and pretty new to the delights of Sziget. Destination, weather, arts and other stuff and some decent bands thrown in.

It works for me. :P

Check out air bnb but we also got a bargain apartment right across the river from the island on Booking.com. Sziget is now also running its own city accommodation option but I imagine there is a premium on booking through them. Worth a look though.

Its pretty easy to travel from central Budapest to the festival, either by boat or train, but if you want to be near the festival more than the city, then centre your search on Obuda Island rather than Budapest. We found it very easy to travel to the festival in the day, but the transport does dry up a bit late at night. So this time we have decided to stay nearer the festival, as our days in the city will have earlier finishes. Budapest is a spectacular city so make time for that least a river trip whilst you are there - the Sziget boat is a lovely way to travel in and out of the festival and does run til late, (much slower than the train though)

Accommodation is generally very cheap and good value. It's recommended that you get somewhere with aircon. Looking at the temps right now, it is up into the 30s in Budapest, even when raining.

On 7/19/2017 at 11:35 PM, Bonaneas said:

Right folks I'm after some tips for booking sziget after doing Beni at 2 days notice last week. Is it a hotel job ? 

Personally I'd camp. Last year I headed towards the chill out area and had no problems at all, camped under the fairy lights and had plenty of shade too!