Adele sub headliner?

Mark Pooler

• Replies 690
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really hope it's Radiohead, though it'd make more sense for Radiohead to sub for Muse or Coldplay because there's a bit more crossover with that. Ellie Goulding could easily sub Adele, and Foals sub Coldplay with Radiohead subbing Muse. (Plus it could mean that they make the *Friday secret Pyramid sub* slot a new thing after the libertines last year) The biggest sub has generally been on the friday in recent years (Florence & the machine, Elbow). Though Foals could easily fit that formula...

Edited by Acid_Haze

7 minutes ago, Acid_Haze said:

I really hope it's Radiohead, though it'd make more sense for Radiohead to sub for Muse or Coldplay because there's a bit more crossover with that. 

They seem to go for the exact opposite rather than having crossover so I would think something very different to sub both.

Faithless to sub Adele.

1 minute ago, A Guy Called Matt said:

They seem to go for the exact opposite rather than having crossover so I would think something very different to sub both.

Faithless to sub Adele.

i wouldn't say so, The Who and Paul Weller appeal to the mod dad crowd, Kanye West and Pharrell appeal to the Wireless festival-type crowd, Florence and the Machine and Foo Fighters appeal to the XFM "lovers of real music" "none of that mainstream pop shite" crowd, Arcade Fire and Elbow are both indie heavyweights, Jack White and Metallica appeal to the men-who-like-rocknroll-n-riffs crowd and The Black Keys and Kasabian both appeal to the people who like cool music to chant along to because they like to chant because football.

11 minutes ago, Acid_Haze said:

So Radiohead have more audience crossover with Adele than Muse or Coldplay? I know for sure that's not true

They don't book subs for the crossover... Last I remember, Nick Cave and Mumford and Sons don't really share a fanbase

I really hope it's Radiohead. We're all worried about Adele being too dreary to headline so get Thom and the boys playing one of their legendary banger-filled sets along with their near-stand-up quality banter and everyone'll be jumping so much it's bound to make it a legendary night at the Pyramid.

Just in case this happens, here's a couple of useful telephone numbers:

CALM - 0800585858

Samaritans - 116123

19 minutes ago, Acid_Haze said:

Ellie Goulding could easily sub Adele

Because they're both women? Yeah, sex is such a huge crossover in terms of music taste. It's not like their style of music is completely different and Glastonbury can see pass someone's sex as a defining feature of their music....

1 minute ago, wilem said:

Because they're both women? Yeah, sex is such a huge crossover in terms of music taste. It's not like their style of music is completely different and Glastonbury can see pass someone's sex as a defining feature of their music....

Agreed. If they are going for more diversity they would mix it up and have some female subs for the male headliners.

3 minutes ago, wilem said:

You don't think it might be more the fact that they appeal to a similar audience of Radio 1 listeners and X-factor viewers? Their music is different but they both appeal to a very similar audience. Possibly as similar as Ellie Goulding and Coldplay if not more.

Edited by Acid_Haze