Victorious 2016

Flaminglippy

• Replies 328
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

55 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

Saturday main is decent but shame no one I know fancies it. Sunday is up with the worst for a day I have seen.

There's a fair amount for me on both days but Saturday does look better than Sunday. That said it's on my doorstep and is normally a good get together with friends so it's a bit of a no-brainer for us. 

The beauty of Victorious for me:

1. I purchased the super early bird tickets at £20 a day. 

2. I live within walking distance of the site.

3. Increase in trade for local business.

The not so good thing:

1. There's some evidence that Victorious is affecting the local gig economy. Local venues are finding that gig attendance is dropping because people are taking the attitude of 'Why would I pay £15 to go and see 1 band whereas I can see a whole day of music including some big names for £20' 

3 hours ago, Tommy101 said:

There's a fair amount for me on both days but Saturday does look better than Sunday. That said it's on my doorstep and is normally a good get together with friends so it's a bit of a no-brainer for us. 

Noel is playing loads of Oasis stuff atm but now I saw Ash at 2000 Trees which was possibly bar that Saturday at Victorious the best bang for your buck day this year I have nothing to attend for.

Fair enough, I'm looking forward to Wolfmother, PSB and Pretty Vicious as well as those you've mentioned so more than enough for me.

It's interesting what you're saying about the local gig scene @rseamer, I've been to far less gigs in Portsmouth in the last 18 months but I there have been less bands around that interest me, nothing to do with value (or perception thereof).

On ‎11‎/‎07‎/‎2016 at 8:37 PM, Tommy101 said:

It's interesting what you're saying about the local gig scene @rseamer, I've been to far less gigs in Portsmouth in the last 18 months but I there have been less bands around that interest me, nothing to do with value (or perception thereof).

Yeah that's why I said 'some evidence' rather than it being the total reason. However I have had it reported to me (by people who are responsible for putting on live music in Portsmouth)  that some people are telling them this.

I'm with you on the 'less acts that interest me' to a certain extent as well.

Sadly with the closure of The Cellars in Portsmouth the city doesn't really have a decent less than 200 capacity venue any more either - which again has a negative effect on the local gig economy.

• 3 weeks later...
16 hours ago, seanz25 said:

Still suprised they didn't/haven't added one final act to this in a sub-headline slot on the Sunday, I really shouldn't be considering the value but and a little dissapointed. Anyone else?

Yeah...Echo and the Bunnymen subbing is just bizarre. I like them but no way big enough to sub under Noel G. I would have put them on a par with the Boomtown Rats position on the Saturday, 'special guests' on mid afternoon.

Think overall the Sunday main stage line-up is pretty weak (although for the money can't complain too much)...all I can assume is it must have cost them an absolute rake to get Noel G.   

13 hours ago, Flaminglippy said:

Yeah...Echo and the Bunnymen subbing is just bizarre. I like them but no way big enough to sub under Noel G. I would have put them on a par with the Boomtown Rats position on the Saturday, 'special guests' on mid afternoon.

Think overall the Sunday main stage line-up is pretty weak (although for the money can't complain too much)...all I can assume is it must have cost them an absolute rake to get Noel G.   

I'll be fine watching Wolfmother with Ash before them. 

Yup pics up on Twitter if anyone's interested.

So I think we can now pretty much deadlock they're not adding anyone else to sub Sunday, unless they're doing a secret thing but I just don't see it. Day looms overall weaker like others have said. Shame they didn't add Kaiser Chiefs who they've booked for South Sea fest, would have fitted nicely. 

16 minutes ago, stocky3000 said:

Phwoar an hour for noel gallagher, they realllly couldn't afford him 

Same amount all other headliners were given in the past I think. Would there be that much difference in artist fees between an hour set and an hour and a half? Same crew, set up times, travel costs, travel time etc. Literally just another half hour for everyone isn't it? Or am I being naive? 

I don't really understand why the sets are so short all day long to be honest. If it was to do with cost I would have thought 6 usual length slots would be more economical than 10 short ones?