NOS ALIVE 2016

Richi1988

10 hours ago, Richi1988 said:

Bring a jumper with you to the festival, when you get there around 5/6pm it will seem stupid but come 9/10pm it can get quite cold. Also if you like to drink spirits you will have to sneak them in as they don't sell any. I'll let you know if I think of any more ☺

Cheers Richi! I'll be fine with a couple of pints, no spirits needed...

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi,

First time this year in Nos Alive with some friends...

do you know guys if we'll have to carry our sleep bags for the cool at night? We haven't really never been on lisboa so don't know how it's like the weather there at night...

And, how do you see the chances for this groups: 

-Biffy clyro

- Editors

- Catfish and the bottlemen

- Crystal Castles

- Last Shadow Puppets

-Chvrches (I know about them in BBK so very likely...)

Thanks!!!

On ‎5‎/‎02‎/‎2016 at 9:26 AM, oxford20 said:
40 minutes ago, Daniel Comino Royuela said:

Hi,

First time this year in Nos Alive with some friends...

do you know guys if we'll have to carry our sleep bags for the cool at night? We haven't really never been on lisboa so don't know how it's like the weather there at night...

And, how do you see the chances for this groups: 

-Biffy clyro

- Editors

- Catfish and the bottlemen

- Crystal Castles

- Last Shadow Puppets

-Chvrches (I know about them in BBK so very likely...)

Thanks!!!

Editors doesn't have a gig on the 7th and 9th july.. So maybe there's a possibility for the 9th of july, that would be awesome, but I think it will rather be TLSP as subheadliner for Arcade Fire

9 minutes ago, Noeliam said:

Could M83 play after Arcade Fire in the dark then?

At NOS the sun goes down during the third act on the main stage, it will be fully dark before the end of the concert. Obviously, the fourth and fifth act on the mainstage will play fully in the dark. So the chance that they will play both in the dark (or at least partly) is quite big.

Saw arcade fire close benicassim a few years back and it was in my top 3 (if not number 1) best festival performances I've ever seen. The fact they've already stated they are going to perform a greatest hits set list at the 2 festivals they're doing makes me so fucking excited! 

34 minutes ago, TiZuff said:

what the fck no spirits at the festival??? my mates are going to be annoyed they dont drink beer.

My mrs is the same mate. Buy a small bottle of water, empty it out, fill it with chosen spirit & place it beneath the old undercarage. If possible head towards a female security guard as your walking in.... easy!

Edited by Richi1988

According to the rumours Werchter and Pinkpop were among the festivals that initially booked Pearl Jam, just like NOS. They replaced Pearl Jam with Paul McCartney now.

Looking at recent years, the thursday is always the strongest at NOS, that is certainly not the case with the current lineup. Pixies and Chemical Brothers are fine festival acts, but I don't think they sell much tickets on a weekday. Not saying that they booked Paul, but another name between Pixies and Chemical Brothers would be fair in my opinion, Pixies is more a mid-day mainstage or tent act at other big festivals too.

16 minutes ago, Finge said:

According to the rumours Werchter and Pinkpop were among the festivals that initially booked Pearl Jam, just like NOS. They replaced Pearl Jam with Paul McCartney now.

Looking at recent years, the thursday is always the strongest at NOS, that is certainly not the case with the current lineup. Pixies and Chemical Brothers are fine festival acts, but I don't think they sell much tickets on a weekday. Not saying that they booked Paul, but another name between Pixies and Chemical Brothers would be fair in my opinion, Pixies is more a mid-day mainstage or tent act at other big festivals too.

That's interesting to hear. I checked out the first day headliners previous years 2007-2015. They were: Pearl Jam, Rage Against the Machine, Metallica, Faith No More, Coldplay, Stone Roses, Green Day, Arctic Monkeys and Muse. So yes: most of these names I would consider "bigger" than Pixies/Chemical Brothers.  

I missed out on tickets to Primavera so considering this. The lineup looks great so far but seems to have been nothing announced for almost 2 weeks. Are we expecting some names this week?

Anyone know if any of these are likely/possible?

• LCD Soundsystem
  • The Last Shadow Puppets
  • Savages
  • The Maccabees
  • Sigur Ros
  • Kendrick Lamar
  • The National
  • Jamie xx
  • Beach House
  • Animal Collective
  • Pusha T
  • Battles
  • Daughter
  • Thee Oh Sees
  • Beach Slang
  • Caribou
  • Flume
  • Diiv

A few of them would be brilliant. Sorry for the long list!

5 minutes ago, Axel. said:

I missed out on tickets to Primavera so considering this. The lineup looks great so far but seems to have been nothing announced for almost 2 weeks. Are we expecting some names this week?

Anyone know if any of these are likely/possible?

• LCD Soundsystem
  • The Last Shadow Puppets
  • Savages
  • The Maccabees
  • Sigur Ros
  • Kendrick Lamar
  • The National
  • Jamie xx
  • Beach House
  • Animal Collective
  • Pusha T
  • Battles
  • Daughter
  • Thee Oh Sees
  • Beach Slang
  • Caribou
  • Flume
  • Diiv

A few of them would be brilliant. Sorry for the long list!

The National Jamie xx & Kendrick are ruled out because of Superbock. 

Sigur Ros, Beach House, Battles & Animal Collective are ruled out because of Primavera Porto. 

Lcd Soundsytem are ruled out because they're playing Paredes De Coura. 

Of the acts you've listed I'd say The Last Shadow Puppets are the most likely. They're around at the time, they're yet to announce a Portugese date & they can't play Superbock because their UK tour dates rule them out. 

id classify Pixies and chemical brothers as the same as Stone Roses and Justice a few years ago ...Stone Roses had a very small crowd and only really well received by the british in the crowd ...so wouldn't say for sure that there is another band to come due to only big bands playing the Thursday

5 hours ago, Frankly Mr Shankly said:

The National Jamie xx & Kendrick are ruled out because of Superbock. 

Sigur Ros, Beach House, Battles & Animal Collective are ruled out because of Primavera Porto. 

Lcd Soundsytem are ruled out because they're playing Paredes De Coura. 

Of the acts you've listed I'd say The Last Shadow Puppets are the most likely. They're around at the time, they're yet to announce a Portugese date & they can't play Superbock because their UK tour dates rule them out. 

is kendrick a festival exclusive?? its a week after superbock so maybe some hope???