NOS ALIVE 2016

Richi1988

One thing with tickets, the way it works is on day one you queue up, they scan your ticket and let you in. Then at some point you have to get a wristband, at your leisure, to get in on day 2 and 3. However, there may be a seperate queue for See Tickets etc. where you get your physical ticket and then have to join the other queue right at the back. F'ing stupid and annoying then the band you want to see is on, so get down early to avoid that. Hopefully they've fixed that system.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, Noeliam said:

Opposite Radiohead?

34 minutes ago, aj3000and12 said:

Two Door Cinema Club announced for the Heineken Stage on the 8th. 

Would imagine they'll be on at the same time as Radiohead, with hot chip taking the late slot after TDCC.

Must say I'm massively impressed with having such good choice between the stages this year. 

13 minutes ago, Richi1988 said:

Would imagine they'll be on at the same time as Radiohead, with hot chip taking the late slot after TDCC.

Must say I'm massively impressed with having such good choice between the stages this year. 

I would think so! I just want to see Foals, Tame Impala, Radiohead and head to the Heineken stage for Hot Chip! What a day it'll be :)

Still a few more names tba I guess! Friday has already a lot of names (2 spots left on the main stages if they keep the same arrangements as last year).

3 minutes ago, Noeliam said:

I would think so! I just want to see Foals, Tame Impala, Radiohead and head to the Heineken stage for Hot Chip! What a day it'll be :)

Still a few more names tba I guess! Friday has already a lot of names (2 spots left on the main stages if they keep the same arrangements as last year).

Yeah ++years & years++ for the fri main stage, going to be amazing!

Well last 2 years has been 5 each day on main stage and 2nd stage:8 thurs,9 fri & 9 sat. So on that basis we have left to be announced:

Thursday- 1 NOS stage/5Heineken stage

Friday- 1 NOS stage/5 Heineken stage

Saturday- 3 NOS stage/6 Heineken stage

2 hours ago, Callum_96 said:

Does anyone know the cheapest place for flights? Cheapest I can find at the moment is about £200

Skyscanner? You can tweak the options, depends where you can flying from. You can fly to Faro or Porto and get the train and possibly save.

Stupidly bought cheapest tickets travelling thursday night and presuming this was like a UK festival with acts on Friday, Saturday and Sunday...nope. They start Thursday...*sigh*.

We're travelling from Manchester and get to Lisbon Airport at 23:45...does anyone know if there will be travel to the festival at that time?

1 minute ago, iPsy said:

Stupidly bought cheapest tickets travelling thursday night and presuming this was like a UK festival with acts on Friday, Saturday and Sunday...nope. They start Thursday...*sigh*.

We're travelling from Manchester and get to Lisbon Airport at 23:45...does anyone know if there will be travel to the festival at that time?

Absolutely gutted for you! Whereabouts are you stopping? If your at the campsite, then get a taxi straight to campsite, set up at light speed and then there is free buses outside every 10 mins. Festival goes on till the early hours so will possibly have enough time to watch 2/3 bands.

1 hour ago, Richi1988 said:

Absolutely gutted for you! Whereabouts are you stopping? If your at the campsite, then get a taxi straight to campsite, set up at light speed and then there is free buses outside every 10 mins. Festival goes on till the early hours so will possibly have enough time to watch 2/3 bands.

aww cheers mate haha! Yeah we're at the campsite! I read that it's about 45 mins from the airport to the campsite...won't a taxi be mega expensive!? 

17 minutes ago, iPsy said:

aww cheers mate haha! Yeah we're at the campsite! I read that it's about 45 mins from the airport to the campsite...won't a taxi be mega expensive!? 

Not 45 min, about 15minutes! As long as you don't get ripped off by the Taxi driver (there are some smart asses that take longer routes) should be fast and not very expensive (15 euros tops I guess). I would use Uber actually. 

27 minutes ago, Mirror said:

Not 45 min, about 15minutes! As long as you don't get ripped off by the Taxi driver (there are some smart asses that take longer routes) should be fast and not very expensive (15 euros tops I guess). I would use Uber actually. 

Oh that's brilliant! Thanks so much for your help! 

1 minute ago, Frankly Mr Shankly said:

I guess the fact that The Last Shadow Puppets are missing from the Porto addition pretty much confirms the rumours that they'll be at Nos Alive then. 

I think so too.

Although we have one or two other festivals that could grab them, but I doubt Alive would miss the opportunity to grab other festivals goers that would buy tickets just to see them (there are lots of these people that are crazy for Alex Turner / Arctic Monkeys). 

22 minutes ago, Frankly Mr Shankly said:

I guess the fact that The Last Shadow Puppets are missing from the Porto addition pretty much confirms the rumours that they'll be at Nos Alive then. 

Although that rumour also suggested Savages would play NOS Alive too, and they are playing Primavera?

However, I do think they will sub Arcade Fire, potentially Daughter too? Apparently they went down very well last time?

25 minutes ago, ParanoidTourist said:

Shame about P J Harvey not showing up. There are still other nice bands though.

How likely is Suede or Massive Attack? Don't know how popular either of them are in Portugal.

Doubt it. They are most likely suited for Vodafone Paredes de Coura, which LCD Soundsystem are headlining. 

2 hours ago, Mirror said:

These are the bands announced for Primavera Sound Porto. Rule them out for NOS Alive.

12631405_441720752690845_778065593876405

Sorry to be the unknowledgeable one here but how comes they won't be appearing in Lisbon either?! Would be real gutted about Moderat, Floating Points and Savages. Was looking for some good new live electronic to be added to the lineup apart from the obvious Chemi's

11 minutes ago, r0bb077 said:

Sorry to be the unknowledgeable one here but how comes they won't be appearing in Lisbon either?! Would be real gutted about Moderat, Floating Points and Savages. Was looking for some good new live electronic to be added to the lineup apart from the obvious Chemi's

Bands rarely play the same countries twice ..

its not impossible...very unlikely though