Primavera Sound 2016

DanielM17

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Anyone got any good tips for travel on the Saturday? Direct flights are silly prices for me. Was considering flying into Madrid (about £30!) and getting the train, but that's about £70 itself.#

Edit: Just to add, I've looked at connecting flights to places like Geneva, Madrid, Lyon.. all much more in the ballpark but the times are rubbish. Don't think a 45 minute changeover at Lyon (with different airlines) is a good idea either, unfortunately :(

Edited by Tuna

33 minutes ago, Tuna said:

Anyone got any good tips for travel on the Saturday? Direct flights are silly prices for me. Was considering flying into Madrid (about £30!) and getting the train, but that's about £70 itself.#

Edit: Just to add, I've looked at connecting flights to places like Geneva, Madrid, Lyon.. all much more in the ballpark but the times are rubbish. Don't think a 45 minute changeover at Lyon (with different airlines) is a good idea either, unfortunately :(

From what area? You only doing the one day?

1 minute ago, DiscothequeDave said:

From what area? You only doing the one day?

Oh sorry, from London. I'm staying in Spain for a bit after and have my return stuff sorted. Accommodation booked from Weds-Mon so need to turn up on the Weds.

2 minutes ago, calaix said:

Surprised the times are 'rubbish' for a possible Madrid-Barca flight leg - there are lots of flight each day, no?

What do you mean by rubbish times?

Because I'm a massive cheapskate, the lower tier prices require like a 6 hour layover in Madrid.

Yeah, I would guess Animal Collective as the post-Radiohead slot. But they'll need to have someone big on another stage at the same time as Radiohead to pull some people away, or it's going to get very very busy. 

I'm fairly relaxed about being near the front for Radiohead, but they are going to draw an enormous crowd and there will be loads there for most of the day waiting. 

I agree with you about surely wanting to offer an attractive alternative to limit overcrowding but think that would mean putting one of the headliners on the Rayban at the same time, as no one from the subs that day is a big draw. 

Last Shadow Puppets would make the most sense if they go for this strategy.

LSP will almost certainly be on the main stage. Beach House --> LSP --> Radiohead is almost guaranteed (wish LSP and Beach House would switch around, but sadly they won't). If you look at the 2015 poster, in all days the top 3 billed names played one after the other in the main stage (and one of the second tier - Blake, Sleater-Kinney, Foxygen).

I can actually see Animal Collective playing RayBan or ATP at the same time for Radiohead, to take some crowd off Radiohead, with Dinosaur Jr headlining the other one.

The problem is, this leaves no fitting band for the 'post-headliner' slot. Usually it's an electronic act, so AC do make sense, and they've already played that spot in 2013 after Phoenix. If not them, maybe Tortoise or Jay Rock? I find it hard to believe.

Alright if I'm at it, and not much to do at work atm, I'll just try to guess how the stages would be...

The early main stages slots are pretty much impossible to predict, can be any of the smaller acts (like Childhood or Baxter Dury last year) so I'll mostly skip those:

Thursday, main stages:

Air --> Tame Impala --> LCD --> John Carpenter

Rayban: Vince Staples

ATP: Explosions in the Sky

Suede in auditori.

Friday, main stages:

Beach House --> LSP --> Radiohead --> Animal Collective

Rayban: Jay Rock, Beirut

(I can see Beirut and AC the other way around too)

ATP: Dinosaur Jr.

Saturday, main stages:

Richard Hawley --> Brian Wilson --> Sigur Ros --> PJ Harvey --> Moderat (?)

Rayban: Pusha T --> Action Bronson

ATP: Ty Segall --> Drive Like Jehu

(this is purely guesses... I can also see Moderat doing late night Rayban slot, with maybe Action Bronson closing RayBan... or Richard Hawley can be at ATP... also have no idea in which order Sigur Ros and PJ will play)

Edited by yaniv297

Hi @Yaniv297. Good work and pretty much agree with your guesses.

That's what I can't figure out either. Will they put AC on at the same time to relieve what might otherwise be a dangerous crowd situation (and that's why I don't think you can read too much into what happened last couple of years)?

Will it annoy AC to play to a small crowd (compared to if they play after Radiohead)?

Won't find out til May!