Pukkelpop 2016

DDave

On 1/28/2016 at 11:49 AM, Semprini said:

Think Disclosure will be too high up the bill at RW for them to also play at PKP - they'll either close out the Main or headline one of the two tents. Likely be The Chems, Jack U and possibly Pendulum (if they have three) as the late night dance acts.

Of the rest of the R+L announcement, Parkway Drive, The Internet, Hannah Wants, TDCC and Foals must all now be strong contenders.

TDCC are in Japan so that's them out. 

Not sure I get it that DIsclosure will be too high up the bill to play at PKP bit. I think they'll be a main stage closer this year, especially after how they went down in 2013 up against Deadmau5

• Replies 840
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, DiscothequeDave said:

TDCC are in Japan so that's them out. 

Not sure I get it that DIsclosure will be too high up the bill to play at PKP bit. I think they'll be a main stage closer this year, especially after how they went down in 2013 up against Deadmau5

Sorry, RW, get it now, thought you meant Reading & Leeds for some reason.

1 minute ago, DiscothequeDave said:

Sorry, RW, get it now, thought you meant Reading & Leeds for some reason.

Forgot about TDCC being in Japan - I'm sure we'll survive without them this year.

I'd love to see Disclosure at PKP and hope I'm wrong about the whole RW thing. However they're right on the cusp of being headliners in their own right so I think they'll be too big to share between both festivals. Would also fit in with the recent trend of Lowlands and PKP having different headliners.

Your predictions of The Chems, LCD and The Cure are sound based on what we know so far. Maybe it's optimistic but I'm hopeful they'll pull a 'wildcard' out from somewhere. Used to be something they did fairly regularly but arguably hasn't happened since Neil Young in 2013 (and he didn't play in the end anyway).

Done a bit of cutting and pasting from what's around same time as PKP in August/September. I'll try and keep it updated. I've kept the possibles/ruled outs to the more well known acts. I've not included bands that played high up last year and have ruled out bands in the headline spots at Dour & RW. Nit pick away!

Very Likely

Eagles of Death Metal, Mastadon,

Likely/Possible

M83, Foals, LCD Soundsystem, Sum 41, Paul Kalkbrenner,  Chvrches, Chemical Brothers, The Cure, Hot Chip, PJ Harvey, Booka Shade, Sia, John Newman

Bands ruled out

Prodigy, Sigur Ros, Pixies, Radiohead, Two Door Cinema Club, RHCP, Editors, Rammstein, Underworld, The 1975, Weezer.

Lowlands acts - Sevn Alias, Tiggs Da Author, The Rumjacks, Mick Jenkins, Islam Chipsy, Giraffage, Frank Carter & The Rattlesnakes, Espana Circo Este, Dub Inc.,Dr Krapula, The Black Madonna, Aurora, Tale Of Us, Sleeping With Sirens, Rodhad, Recondite, Philip Glass Ensemble - Koyaanisqatsi Live!,Oh Wonder, Jamie Woon, Ghost, Flatbush Zombies, Damian Marley, Speedy J, Chris Liebing -

Bestival acts - Animal Collective, Aurora, Bastille, Beaty Heart, Benjamin Damage, Bicep, The Black Madonna, Bodhi .Years And Years ,Wolf Alice ,Tourist ,Slamboree ,Skream ,Skepta ,'s Party On The Moon,Loyle Carner, , Petite Meller, Richie Hawtin, Ride, Shy FX's Champagne Steam RoomsMC Wrec & Dynamite MC. The Human League, Jagwar Ma, Katy B, Kitty Daisy & Lewis, Krept & Konan, Kurupt FM  and Brookes Brothers, Maduk,b2bNu:Tone, Danny Byrd  b2b Camo & Krooked, London Elektricity, S.P.Y presentsGhostpoet, Hospitality  featuring Wiley, and, Eats Everything, Eskimo Dance presents Ram Jam, Caravan Palace, Craig David's TS5, Damian 'Jr. Gong' Marley, David Rodigan presents ROOTS

Flow Festival acts - Four Tet, Stormzy, Hercules And Love Affair, Ata Kak, Thee Oh Sees, and Descendents.

Oya  Festival - JASON ISBELL JAMIE XX - FLOATING POINTS – LIVE LUSH - NEW ORDER - DAUGHTER- NEUROSIS - MIDNIGHT CHOIR --ORLANDO JULIUS & THE HELIOCENTRICS - KVELERTAK -ELECTRIC EYE-BIOSPHERE-AURORA-OKAY KAYA-FRØKEDAL & FAMILIEN-BEACH SLANG-ANE BRUN-ERLEND ROPSTAD-BAND OF GOLD-GUNDELACH-DAGNY-STORMZY-FARAO-SONDRE JUSTAD

Sziget - Nicky Romero, , Naughty Boy, 

Edited by DiscothequeDave

57 minutes ago, DiscothequeDave said:

Done a bit of cutting and pasting from what's around same time as PKP in August/September. I'll try and keep it updated. I've kept the possibles/ruled outs to the more well known acts. I've not included bands that played high up last year and have ruled out bands in the headline spots at Dour & RW. Nit pick away!

Very Likely

Likely/Possible

M83, Foals, LCD Soundsystem, Sum 41, Paul Kalkbrenner,  Chvrches, Chemical Brothers, The Cure, Hot Chip, PJ Harvey, Booka Shade, Sia, John Newman

Bands ruled out

Prodigy, Sigur Ros, Pixies, Radiohead, Two Door Cinema Club, RHCP, Editors, Rammstein, Underworld, The 1975, Weezer.

Lowlands acts - Sevn Alias, Tiggs Da Author, The Rumjacks, Mick Jenkins, Islam Chipsy, Giraffage, Frank Carter & The Rattlesnakes, Espana Circo Este, Dub Inc.,Dr Krapula, The Black Madonna, Aurora, Tale Of Us, Sleeping With Sirens, Rodhad, Recondite, Philip Glass Ensemble - Koyaanisqatsi Live!,Oh Wonder, Jamie Woon, Ghost, Flatbush Zombies, Damian Marley, Speedy J, Chris Liebing -

Bestival acts - Animal Collective, Aurora, Bastille, Beaty Heart, Benjamin Damage, Bicep, The Black Madonna, Bodhi .Years And Years ,Wolf Alice ,Tourist ,Slamboree ,Skream ,Skepta ,'s Party On The Moon,Loyle Carner, , Petite Meller, Richie Hawtin, Ride, Shy FX's Champagne Steam RoomsMC Wrec & Dynamite MC. The Human League, Jagwar Ma, Katy B, Kitty Daisy & Lewis, Krept & Konan, Kurupt FM  and Brookes Brothers, Maduk,b2bNu:Tone, Danny Byrd  b2b Camo & Krooked, London Elektricity, S.P.Y presentsGhostpoet, Hospitality  featuring Wiley, and, Eats Everything, Eskimo Dance presents Ram Jam, Caravan Palace, Craig David's TS5, Damian 'Jr. Gong' Marley, David Rodigan presents ROOTS

Flow Festival acts - Four Tet, Stormzy, Hercules And Love Affair, Ata Kak, Thee Oh Sees, and Descendents.

Oya  Festival - JASON ISBELL JAMIE XX - FLOATING POINTS – LIVE LUSH - NEW ORDER - DAUGHTER- NEUROSIS - MIDNIGHT CHOIR --ORLANDO JULIUS & THE HELIOCENTRICS - KVELERTAK -ELECTRIC EYE-BIOSPHERE-AURORA-OKAY KAYA-FRØKEDAL & FAMILIEN-BEACH SLANG-ANE BRUN-ERLEND ROPSTAD-BAND OF GOLD-GUNDELACH-DAGNY-STORMZY-FARAO-SONDRE JUSTAD

Great job, Dave!

I was looking at Reading Festival forum and Neil has told today that Reading is having problem to get headliners this summer, so they will make co-headline structures two of the nights of the festival.

So, we can rule out from the august european circuit to Green Day or any similar rock big headliner that can fit in Reading,

There are 3 big rock bands headlining european festivals: Rammstein and RHCP are ruled out because they are playing Werchter and the 3rd one is Limp Bizkit that played last year. So my bet is the PKP 16 rock headliner will be the Limp Bizkit (Snow Patrol and Placebo headlined PKP having played the year before)

Seeing Oscar and the Wolf being so high in Lowlands Festival poster, my second bet is that he will be the "new headliner" this year. He is belgian, he headlined Marquee two years ago (same as dEUS in 2009 and the they were supposed to headline in 2011) and I think that he is a huge artist there and is a favourite for the young belgian people who are the target audience for PKP organization.

The big headliner must be a band that cannot be booked for Reading because is playing another british festival or because played in the last couple of year. If I am positive my bet is The Cure (altough they have a belgian date in October... so their belgian fans probably will have already a ticket for it) and if I am negative my bet is Mumford & Sons (they played last year Reading)

So my bet is: Limp Bizkit / Oscar and The Wolf / Mumford & Sons or The Cure

Horrible expectations for me.

Edited by johnybegood

40 minutes ago, johnybegood said:

I was looking at Reading Festival forum and Neil has told today that Reading is having problem to get headliners this summer, so they will make co-headline structures two of the nights of the festival.

So, we can rule out from the august european circuit to Green Day or any similar rock big headliner that can fit in Reading,

There are 3 big rock bands headlining european festivals: Rammstein and RHCP are ruled out because they are playing Werchter and the 3rd one is Limp Bizkit that played last year. So my bet is the PKP 16 rock headliner will be the Limp Bizkit (Snow Patrol and Placebo headlined PKP having played the year before)

Seeing Oscar and the Wolf being so high in Lowlands Festival poster, my second bet is that he will be the "new headliner" this year. He is belgian, he headlined Marquee two years ago (same as dEUS in 2009 and the they were supposed to headline in 2011) and I think that he is a huge artist there and is a favourite for the young belgian people who are the target audience for PKP organization.

The big headliner must be a band that cannot be booked for Reading because is playing another british festival or because played in the last couple of year. If I am positive my bet is The Cure (altough they have a belgian date in October... so their belgian fans probably will have already a ticket for it) and if I am negative my bet is Mumford & Sons (they played last year Reading)

So my bet is: Limp Bizkit / Oscar and The Wolf / Mumford & Sons or The Cure

Horrible expectations for me.

Think you're wide of the mark with Limp Bizkit and Mumford. OATW will feature very highly though, possible sub?

The Cure? well, who knows.

Your reasoning is solid, but Limp Bizkit returning would be something of an admission of defeat for PKP. Sure, they'd spin it with something like "they were ace last year, so we've brought them back" but it would mean that they have given up. I'd much prefer them to take a punt on someone different, not really bothered who, just someone deserving of a chance. e.g. I watched Sam Smith at NOS Alive and he was brilliant, a real headline worth performance. I find his nasal falsetto whining unlistenable when recorded but he put on a great show and the crowd (which was huge) loved it.

That's not to say he should headline but rather him than Limp Bixkit again. 

I'd bet a million pounds (if I had it) that Limp Bizkit won't headline it. Not going to happen in a million years.

I still see Sam Smith there too. Following on from Ellie Goulding and Ed Sheeran it'd be a perfect choice for 2016. Followed by an indie headliner then Disclosure to close.

http://www.asummerstale.de/en must be where that bullshitter from Twitter got Noel G's HFB from.

Would be a great sub or early afternoon-er.

Chemical Brothers / LCD Soundsystem /  NGHFB 

Jack U / Green Day / Garbage

Disclosure / Foals / Sam Smith

Wishful thinking on my part for 2 out of the 3 days but entirely possible.

On 1/30/2016 at 0:31 PM, DiscothequeDave said:

Very Likely

Likely/Possible

M83, Foals, LCD Soundsystem, Sum 41, Paul Kalkbrenner,  Chvrches, Chemical Brothers, The Cure, Hot Chip, PJ Harvey, Booka Shade, Sia, John Newman, Noel Gallaghers HFB, Garbage

Bands ruled out

August Fests line ups

Summers Tale - AMY MACDONALD GLEN HANSARD * FAT FREDDY'S DROP * JOSÉ GONZÁLEZ  THEES UHLMANN & BAND * OLLI SCHULZ * NADA SURF  BILLY BRAGG HEATHER NOVA * CARAVAN PALACE  NEIL FINN ST. PAUL & THE BROKEN BONES  SHANTEL & BUCOVINA CLUB ORKESTAR * THE SLOW SHOW  BEN CAPLAN & THE CASUAL SMOKERS * MANU DELAGO HANDMADE  PERRY O'PARSON

Updated. Not gonna happen but a bit of Neil Finn on a Sunny afternoon knocking out Crowded House songs would be great.

Noel Gallagher headlining Victorious at the back end of August. Could well be in the running for a high spot at V so Germany, possibly PKP, Lowlands and Frequency and then back to Blighty for Victorious and V. He's not played any of LL PKP or Frequency for 4 years so must be a high possibility.

2 hours ago, DiscothequeDave said:

Noel Gallagher headlining Victorious at the back end of August. Could well be in the running for a high spot at V so Germany, possibly PKP, Lowlands and Frequency and then back to Blighty for Victorious and V. He's not played any of LL PKP or Frequency for 4 years so must be a high possibility.

I think The Coral, Levellers, Ash and MSP are all possibles for V. 

2 hours ago, DiscothequeDave said:

Think NGHFB are a good shout Dave. Reckon them and The Chems would be a likely and well-rounded combo for one of the nights, and not just because of the collaboration they did many moons ago!

Done a bit of cutting and pasting from what's around same time as PKP in August/September. I'll try and keep it updated. I've kept the possibles/ruled outs to the more well known acts. I've not included bands that played high up last year and have ruled out bands in the headline spots at Dour & RW. Nit pick away.

Very Likely

Likely/Possible 

M83, Foals, LCD Soundsystem, Sum 41, Paul Kalkbrenner,  Chvrches, Chemical Brothers, The Cure, Hot Chip, Booka Shade, Sia, John Newman, Noel Gallaghers HFB, Garbage, NOFX, Bloc Party, Sum 41, Muse, Bullet For My Valentine, Roisin Murphy, Years and Years, Jess Glynne, Massive Attack

Bands ruled out

August Fests line ups

Lowlands - Sevn Alias, Tiggs Da Author, The Rumjacks, Mick Jenkins, Islam Chipsy, Giraffage, Frank Carter & The Rattlesnakes, Espana Circo Este, Dub Inc.,Dr Krapula, The Black Madonna, Aurora, Tale Of Us, Sleeping With Sirens, Rodhad, Recondite, Philip Glass Ensemble - Koyaanisqatsi Live!,Oh Wonder, Jamie Woon, Ghost, Flatbush Zombies, Damian Marley, Speedy J, Chris Liebing

Way Out West - ANNA VON HAUSSWOLFF  DAUGHTER  JAMIE XX  JASON ISBELL  JULIA HOLTER SEINABO SEY  SIA  STORMZY  THE LAST SHADOW PUPPETS 

Flow Festival - Four Tet, Stormzy, Hercules And Love Affair, Ata Kak, Thee Oh Sees, and Descendents.

Oya  Festival - JASON ISBELL JAMIE XX - FLOATING POINTS – LIVE LUSH - NEW ORDER - DAUGHTER- NEUROSIS - MIDNIGHT CHOIR --ORLANDO JULIUS & THE HELIOCENTRICS - KVELERTAK -ELECTRIC EYE-BIOSPHERE-AURORA-OKAY KAYA-FRØKEDAL & FAMILIEN-BEACH SLANG-ANE BRUN-ERLEND ROPSTAD-BAND OF GOLD-GUNDELACH-DAGNY-STORMZY-FARAO-SONDRE JUSTAD

Sziget - Nicky Romero, MØ, Naughty Boy, , David Guetta, The Last Shadow Puppets, The Lumineers, The Neighbourhood, Parkway Drive, Datsik, K.I.Z., Kovacs, and Rico & Sticks

Summers Tale - AMY MACDONALD GLEN HANSARD * FAT FREDDY'S DROP * JOSÉ GONZÁLEZ  THEES UHLMANN & BAND * OLLI SCHULZ * NADA SURF  BILLY BRAGG HEATHER NOVA * CARAVAN PALACE  NEIL FINN ST. PAUL & THE BROKEN BONES  SHANTEL & BUCOVINA CLUB ORKESTAR * THE SLOW SHOW  BEN CAPLAN & THE CASUAL SMOKERS * MANU DELAGO HANDMADE  PERRY O'PARSON 

Highfield Festival - DEICHKIND · LIMP BIZKIT ANNENMAYKANTEREIT · HEAVEN SHALL BURN · BLUMENTOPF · WANDA · MADSEN · AIRBOURNE · ROYAL REPUBLIC · OLLI SCHULZ · GENETIKK · BONAPARTE · JORIS KONTRA K · DIE ORSONS · CALIBAN · EMIL BULLS · MOOP MAMA MONSTERS OF LIEDERMACHING · CHEFKET · MASSENDEFEKT SCHMUTZKI