Pukkelpop 2016

DDave

• Replies 840
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dour dropped a load of really nice names tonight, including quite a lot of DJs and dance acts I'd be happy to see at PKP. Pick of the bunch are Bicep, Maceo Plex, Fatima Yamaha, Bad Company and Spor. 

Hope this doesn't rule them all out as Bicep and Maceo Plex were both on my wish list. 

If the PKP line up was not to my liking one year then I'd definitely look at Dour as an alternative. Heard the crowd isn't quite the same as PKP but the music on offer each year is top drawer. 

On 2/23/2016 at 9:44 AM, DiscothequeDave said:

Ugh, they're not ruled out. Still free for PKP.

So, Biffy Clyro & Fall Out Boy confirmed for R&L final headliners. Quite a poor overall line up in my opinion.

However...Haim confirmed for first European date of 2016. Fully  expect them to be at Pukkelpop this year, hopefully main stagers or high up in the Marquee. Couldn't get in the tent last time they played the Club.

Think we can put Die Antwoord and Chvrches firmly on the very likely list now.

A few interesting names announced for Latitude this morning - quite a lot I expect to see at PKP. Although it's a month beforehand, it still places bands in the general area around the time so I'm growing more hopeful by the day that the line up will be a good one. It's actually got the potential to be the best for a number of years but I'm not going to tempt fate by bigging it up too much!

Any word from Rock en Swine yet as, along with us, they're one of the few left to make an announcement?

57 minutes ago, Semprini said:

It's actually got the potential to be the best for a number of years but I'm not going to tempt fate by bigging it up too much!

Well we know now that there's absolutely no excuse for a poor line up like last year, plenty of festivals have released unbelievable line ups this year. 

But of course....this is Pukkelpop we're talking about.

3 minutes ago, DiscothequeDave said:

I'm thinking that Frequency should announce a headliner by then too. Wouldn't be out of the question that a Pukkelpop headliner does those two festivals as well.

Yes! Also Rock en Seine usually announces in march, but they won't pull a surprise (maybe Muse and some of the Reading headliners).

Yeah, Muse does seem the obvious choice. Not a massive fan but they're interstellar compared to some of the shit they've had the last few years.

Rock en Seine have the benefit of being able to book Radiohead when they return from Japan.

Edited by DiscothequeDave

Just now, DiscothequeDave said:

Lowlands are announcing their biggest headliner ever on Monday.

Most likely Muse.

Muse is paying on monday it's first Amsterdam gig (they are playing three consecutive gigs there) so I also think that it will be Muse.

Then Muse will play 4 shows in Brussels from March 12th-16th, so maybe PKP is waiting them to make their announcement. Rihanna + Muse are two expensive headliners, since 2011 with Enimen and Foo Fighters we didn't get two huge names. This year the booking bugdet should be much bigger that the last couple of years.

I promised myself last year that I wouldn't be exited again before PKP 1st announcement, but March has arrived and I can't avoid having high hopes again... 

Can Dietediet translate us that?: http://festileaks.com/2016/03/lowlands-2016-komt-met-grootste-headliner-ooit/

As Dave said. google translates into spanish that Lowlands will announce on monday their biggest headliner EVER.

Foo Fighters, Eminem, Metallica... have played there... so I think that the translation is not accurate. 

Edited by johnybegood

1 hour ago, johnybegood said:

Muse is paying on monday it's first Amsterdam gig (they are playing three consecutive gigs there) so I also think that it will be Muse.

Then Muse will play 4 shows in Brussels from March 12th-16th, so maybe PKP is waiting them to make their announcement. Rihanna + Muse are two expensive headliners, since 2011 with Enimen and Foo Fighters we didn't get two huge names. This year the booking bugdet should be much bigger that the last couple of years.

I promised myself last year that I wouldn't be exited again before PKP 1st announcement, but March has arrived and I can't avoid having high hopes again... 

Funny isn't it that the first Pukkelpop line up is on the 16th March. One of the only dates thats not sold out on the tour is Austria in May, possibly why Frequency haven't announced them either.

I think we can safely say that Muse will be headlining Pukkelpop 2016

So we've got pop (Rihanna) Rock (Muse).....will the other headliner be dance orientated?

Edited by DiscothequeDave