2017 festival

kaosmark2

11 minutes ago, thelemon said:

Jake Bugg could do 4th down main on Kasabian's day.

Kasabian > Bastille > TDCC > Jake Bugg > JEW

Could do third or fourth down on the Eminem day.

Eminem > Major Lazer > Korn/Jake Bugg > ATDI

Fits in much better on the Kasabian day, wouldn't JEW have been a better booking for the Eminem day? 

Not sure he'd take that given he subbed last time but I think his stock has fallen a bit, even though his new stuff is still fairly decent. Could do the secret set.

Can only do Kasabian's day.

I think Circa Waves will be 5th down that day - I read an interview with the frontman who said about "playing 4th or 5th down main stages at some of the biggest UK festivals". And their new album is turgid arsewater so that run from Bugg thru to Kasabian would work well afterwards.

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, JSmurphy said:

I would love Flume to follow Korn in closing the NME on Saturday. It worked really well with Knife Party and Limp Bizkit. It would probably mean I'd have to try and find a Satur day ticket from somewhere tho.

Well even if what we think is right now (with KoRn 3rd on mian and flume on the NME) you could still go and see both......

EDIT: PVRIS was also announced for Pukkelpop so it looks more likely that they will play

Edited by Mattymooz

Just now, Mattymooz said:

Well even if what we think is right now (with KoRn 3rd on mian and flume on the NME) you could still go and see both......

I was about to point that out too. :lol: But aye I think that'd be a decent enough booking, cos I imagine there's gonna be a good portion of Major Lazer and Korn fans wanting to see Eminem but very little crossover between the two groups. Not predicting it but it'd be smart.

5 minutes ago, Pop Punk Sucks said:

Daniel P Carter has just confirmed on his Twitter that there will be no Pit/Lock Up Stage this year. 

Where? Grim if true but not entirely unexpected going off the first announcement.

edit: by 'where?', I know you said it was on Twitter but I can't find it on his personal account.

Edited by dentalplan

Just now, dentalplan said:

Where? Grim if true but not entirely unexpected going off the first announcement.

Looks like he's removed the tweet now. Can post a screenshot when I'm not on mobile, but he replied to someone having a pop at him about there being no Pit or Lock Up Stage this year. Was something along the lines of "well don't blame me I tried". 

Just now, Pop Punk Sucks said:

Daniel P Carter has just confirmed on his Twitter that there will be no Pit/Lock Up Stage this year. 

Erm, he just confirmed the opposite....?

EDIT: Whoops, shoulda refreshed before posting :P

Edited by Mattymooz

4 hours ago, dentalplan said:

Stormzy's doing V Festival and Enter Shikari have said they're not playing R+L so I wouldn't expect either of those. Not sure about Jake Bugg's situation but he's free Friday and Saturday so probably will actually end up on Kasabian day, the shitsack. No idea about Tycho.

Expect to see HO99O9 appear off the Pukkelpop announcement. Probably NME but maybe even Main Stage - their lead single off the album seems like their break for the mainstream so might wanna do that shit.

Been thinking about where to place Tycho. If it's their live show do you think they may sub Flume on the NME? Can't see them subbing Haim/Blossoms on the Muse Day (or have Blossoms/Haim sub them) or have them on before YM@6.... Unless Tycho does a closing set one of the days?

Edited by Mattymooz

Bonobo is definitely leagues bigger than Tycho - he's headlining the same festival as Two Door Cinema Club in August.

I've never really thought of Tycho (or Bonobo) as an act that would feature at R+L, particularly away from Dance or Festival Republic stages. Is that what the school leavers are into now; ambient electronica?

Just now, dentalplan said:

Bonobo is definitely leagues bigger than Tycho - he's headlining the same festival as Two Door Cinema Club in August.

I've never really thought of Tycho (or Bonobo) as an act that would feature at R+L, particularly away from Dance or Festival Republic stages. Is that what the school leavers are into now; ambient electronica?

I always assumed the same people who like stuff like deadmau5 like tycho & bonobo (so people who were between like 18 and 25 in like 2006). In fact I would have thought Tycho/Bonobo would have had a wider appeal than deadmau5 as they can at least pull off the "oh we are are a real band look we play instruments".

And Tycho is billed higher than Bonobo on the Coachella line up......

14 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

I always assumed the same people who like stuff like deadmau5 like tycho & bonobo (so people who were between like 18 and 25 in like 2006). In fact I would have thought Tycho/Bonobo would have had a wider appeal than deadmau5 as they can at least pull off the "oh we are are a real band look we play instruments".

And Tycho is billed higher than Bonobo on the Coachella line up......

Nah they're not the kinda electronic based acts you'd expect to see at stuff like Creamfields. Deadmau5 was a big part of the EDM boom a few years back and Bonobo is well away from that, and I guess Tycho will be too. I wouldn't rule it out but I'd be surprised if they were to show up.

And so they might be, but Bonobo sold out some pretty whopping venues instantly on his last tour. Bigger than the ones that Tycho still have up for sale. Popularity differs between countries.

Edited by dentalplan