Lost property - do they contact you if found?

Quark

Title says it all really.  Does anyone know whether the lost property team will email you to confirm that an item has been found, or will it just arrive in the post as and when?

It's not major in the grand scheme of things, but if they don't then I can stop getting excited every time I get an email notification...

Title says it all really.  Does anyone know whether the lost property team will email you to confirm that an item has been found, or will it just arrive in the post as and when?

It's not major in the grand scheme of things, but if they don't then I can stop getting excited every time I get an email notification...

I got a text last year asking me to confirm my address for them to post my lost item back. This was in early September so don't lose the hope of seeing your lost property again! :) 

I got a text last year asking me to confirm my address for them to post my lost item back. This was in early September so don't lose the hope of seeing your lost property again! :)

Thanks SC. Early days, keep having to remind myself it was only a fortnight ago so I'm still optimistic! Means I can keep getting excited by every email I get!

I lost my digital camera last year and in vain hope reported it to lost property. When I got home I gave it up as lost and bought another one.  So I was really delighted when two weeks after the fest it just arrived in the post with a compliments slip from LP.

It wasn't so much the loss of the camera that was upsetting but the loss of the pix of all those magic moments.  So I was well pleased.

When I bought my new camera and I've also done it with my old one that was handed in and returned by Lost Property, the first photo is now of a sheet of paper that says: "If found please return to... " and my address and contact details.

Much easier than trying to describe either the camera or the pix on it to LP.

A lot of the lost things get snatched up by the wombles.

That may be a bit unfair. I've handed in wallets/proper things I've found on my wanders, and I've seen others asking around and doing the same when they find something that's clearly not some dumped camping kit

I'm sure some do, but people really are astonishingly good about it. we've all been in that boat

I've seen plenty of people hand stuff in during the fest, can't say about the wombles after though.

I went up to the farm & the amount of cameras they had up there, all sorted by make including an assortment of chargers, was incredible & it was only Saturday morning. It might take a while for them to sort through them all.

This is possibly true but you'd have to be a very naughty womble if you kept something like a wallet or purse. Not womble associated but I once saw two young women hand in a wallet that they had found at the festival and it was rammed with cash. They had even contacted the father of the owner of the wallet as he was the next of kin details in the wallet. The father was then able to contact his son and tell him where these ladies were going to hand it in (at one of the Lock Ups) so that he could retrieve it.

Lost my wallet on the Sunday back in 1999 I think. Had my train ticket home and a bit of cash which was annoying. Had my parents address in it, and lo and behold a month or so later it turned up there! No money, but my very out of date train ticket was still there!

er not a lot gets taken on shift during the festival by litter pickers - can't speak for afterwards. We find a lot less year on year though as the field is cleared of more interesting items by punters and security before we come on shift at 6am.

This year I found a couple of wallets, credit cards and driving licences on the Pyramid and they all went up to lost property through the supervisor. 

Still waiting for my wallet to be returned. I know it was handed in because an email was sent to my employer saying it had (I took my works pass as proof of id for my coach ticket).

Anyone had anything returned from this year's shindig and at what point should I loose all hope of being reunited with my stuff