T in the Park 2016

crazyguy

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

How are OCS managing to shift tickets for £40-45? They've constantly toured over the years, done some Moseley Shoals gigs in 2011, and haven't wrote anything decent since the 90's. I'd go and see them play that album, but not for anywhere near that price. The same can be said for the likes of Stereophonics these days, but they are still quite popular. OCS are not.

Edited by Alan_C

Just now, Alan_C said:

How are OCS managing to shift tickets for £40-45? They've constantly toured over the years, done some Moseley Shoals gigs in 2011, and haven't wrote anything decent since the 90's. I'd go and see them play that album, but not for anywhere near that price.

Think standing is sold out. They're one of those bands with a loyal fanbase who'll continually support them. They won't completely sell out the hydro but they'll sell 5k at least would be my guess.  Price of tickets are scandalous tho 

5 minutes ago, Red Day said:

Think standing is sold out. They're one of those bands with a loyal fanbase who'll continually support them. They won't completely sell out the hydro but they'll sell 5k at least would be my guess.  Price of tickets are scandalous tho 

A couple of years ago they played Marchin' Already in Newcastle and tickets were still available on the night. I'm sure the tickets were closer to £25-30 as well. I don't understand!

6 minutes ago, Alan_C said:

A couple of years ago they played Marchin' Already in Newcastle and tickets were still available on the night. I'm sure the tickets were closer to £25-30 as well. I don't understand!

Think I saw them in Aberdeen on that tour and tickets were 22.50 or 25. Seems to be a daft price any time a band plays these big arenas. 

3 minutes ago, DomDom1984 said:

I don't really get this either. That said, they've always been kinda big here. They sell out the Barras and ABC with absolute ease every time. So it makes sense they might be able to shift a fair bit more. Kudos for trying.

Agree with that. Decent earner for them if they can punt the tickets

1 minute ago, Alan_C said:

They're charging that price everywhere. Really is like flogging a dead horse.

Few bands do that. I don't get stereophonics continued appeal but people love them.  I was pretty shocked when ocs announced the hydro. It's crazy