Top Posters In This Topic

• lucyginger

• mr gumby

• thurlow84

• A Guy Called Matt

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

17 minutes ago, RichardWaller said:

Morning, and what a morning. Gorgeous sunshine, this'll do me. Today is my Friday and I finish work next week for Glastonbury. Still no firm plan of attack for the journey though :dontknow:

Morning! 

Do you have far to go? Our lot are almost sorted! I think! 

2 minutes ago, lucyginger said:

Morning! 

Do you have far to go? Our lot are almost sorted! I think! 

Morning to you too. Just the one more Monday here too, and I can't remember if it were a few pages back on this thread or somewhere else that it came up but I'm not sure if booking the Monday before off was a good idea... I'm gonna have to find some big ways to occupy myself that day... 

Manchester for three of us two back in Hull.. Hoping they can both come over the Monday night or early Tuesday then we can all go down quite late Tuesday... 

Morning all - will attempt to catch up with the thread and forum whilst sitting in a fun conference call about event management - you tell me how that manages to take up my entire afternoon?

Wonderful weekend here in Sheffield and the weather seems to be continuing. Weather gods - I have a BBQ / dinner party planned for Thursday, I'm happy to take on for the team and retreat to the indoors instead!!

Has the meet been arranged as yet or is it still up in the air?

Today I am mostly channelling a Ben style of festival day (how do you do that bh??).  I went to bed at 1.45 this morning, and got up at 6.20am. The youngest was off for the day with her dad at Warwick in a dance comp and didn't get back till late.  Somewhere inside I'm happy that she's made the final, but the coffee hasn't kicked in to allow that smile out yet.  The sun is out though, and it's not long to go.

20150818-coffee-beans-shutterstock_71813

1 hour ago, RichardWaller said:

Morning to you too. Just the one more Monday here too, and I can't remember if it were a few pages back on this thread or somewhere else that it came up but I'm not sure if booking the Monday before off was a good idea... I'm gonna have to find some big ways to occupy myself that day... 

Manchester for three of us two back in Hull.. Hoping they can both come over the Monday night or early Tuesday then we can all go down quite late Tuesday... 

If it helps, it is Summer Solstice on Monday 20th, so Mr Ginger and I are planning a daytrip somewhere nice for that, which will be a nice start to our festival holiday :)

If you're driving that's easier to organise! There's a few of us coming from all over the country, we are being quite organised so far! 

7 minutes ago, THEBOILERMAN said:

Hi all, only get the chance to pop in here occasionally these days but felt the need to today.

I have a confession to make and the need to repent.

I checked a weather forecast yesterday...........for which i beg your forgiveness.

PS when and where is the NFRNFC meet up.

You are forgiven! Don't do it again!! ;) 

Current thinking is meet outside the Groovy Movie Cinema in the greenfields, around 4pm ish, perhaps watching Adam Scott (from here) on the Lizard stage (I think) at 4ish, then moving on to Croissant Neuf around 7ish, where we will probably be all evening as Mr B is on at 10pm :) 

A few of us still have our NFR NFC t shirts, so should be recognisable! I think final details will be here and on FB, to make sure everyone sees! All welcome!! :)

2 minutes ago, lucyginger said:

You are forgiven! Don't do it again!! ;) 

Current thinking is meet outside the Groovy Movie Cinema in the greenfields, around 4pm ish, perhaps watching Adam Scott (from here) on the Lizard stage (I think) at 4ish, then moving on to Croissant Neuf around 7ish, where we will probably be all evening as Mr B is on at 10pm :) 

A few of us still have our NFR NFC t shirts, so should be recognisable! I think final details will be here and on FB, to make sure everyone sees! All welcome!! :)

Thanks, I still have my NFRNFC  shirt as well, its white with long black sleeves with the sun and NFRNFC on the back so if any of you see me come and say Hi.

What day? 

1 minute ago, fatyeti24 said:

so then... this meeting place... where is the nearest be or is it gonna be a BYOB affair?

Thursday, Boilerman, is that ok? 

Yeti, nothing is final and I wondered about a bar! The cinema was suggested as it is easy to find, but we do still have a couple of weeks so nothing is final! 

1 minute ago, lucyginger said:

Thursday, Boilerman, is that ok? 

Yeti, nothing is final and I wondered about a bar! The cinema was suggested as it is easy to find, but we do still have a couple of weeks so nothing is final! 

i can't quite remember which venues have bars up that way, and a bar is of utmost import.

27 minutes ago, fatyeti24 said:

i can't quite remember which venues have bars up that way, and a bar is of utmost import.

21 minutes ago, lucyginger said:

Let's get our thinking caps on then!! Does CN have a bar? Could always meet there instead? 

18 minutes ago, H.M.V said:

Not keen on green fields. It's all granola and fucking chai tea. Show me cocktails!!!

I think the nearest bar to CN is the Avalon Inn, which is over the railway track, so not exactly convenient. If a bar and cocktails are wanted, there's both at the Ridge and Furrow. I know some people thought it was a bit busy last year, but we could always meet in that field, but a bit away from the bar? Maybe at the Sensation Seekers stage? Another possibility I can see is somewhere in the cinema/acoustic field. There's a real ale bar at the top, and a cocktail bus at the bottom. Any other cocktail places anyone knows of? 

2 minutes ago, ICGenie said:

How about we meet (as previously mooted) around the Glade somewhere?  I believe the Glade Cafe Bar is doing cocktails this year.  Then move onto Croissant Neuf for Vodka Jellies karaoke and the B-man.

I didn't know they do cocktails! The only thing with the Glade area, is they're starting earlier this year, with their 'experimental sound field' and I don't know how loud that's likely to be. I guess we could always move a bit, if we can't hear each other, though. 

2 minutes ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

Is it a grandparents' meeting. 

'oo i like glastonbury but it's a bit loud these days.'

Cheeky bugger! 

Just thought that if we're meeting up for a drink and a chat (to start with at least), it'd be good to be able to hear each other over whatever music's playing nearby :(