Tics.....

wweerr208

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've never heard of anyone getting bitten by a tick at Glastonbury, which probably tells you all you need to know - if it had happened, the media would have done their mountain-out-of-a-molehill act.

They are definitely a problem in certain geographical areas though, and I've got mates who've had to become quite proficient in removing. them.  There's no harm in knowing what you're up against in case you finds one of the little b*stards on someone:

First-hand experiences from another forum.

NHS guidance.

Vole I think

Mice are big

ps. there were a whole family in the boomtown staff camping. can't have ever seen humans bold as brass would run over your feet

Ahh I wondered if they were different, they were small enough to be mice but weren't the same shape.  I should have known really, the cat brings enough of them home!

Had one attach itself to me at glasto before (will spare the details of the location)......they are something you would expect to be at a dairy farm!

No need to worry though. Its unlikely you will encounter them with the grass all being cut. Stone circle is probably the most likely place you would pick one up.

So in summary: it's better to actually read what's been written in a thread before posting.

Yep it is but still this is not a bloody problem that anyone should even be remotely worried about. Yes lymes disease is not nice but is still very rare only about 2000-3000 cases each year in the UK 15% are from people coming from abroad. The symptoms are very easy to spot and can be easily treated.

This is not a problem even in the slightest, and the OP stated that it is a big killer disease which it clearly is not.

Edited by Starks

It's the leeches that hang out in the long drops you want to be weary of. Once one of those bastards latches onto your tackle, you'll know about it.

Can only be removed by burning them off with a lit jazz cigarette.

Ha, Now you have me worried...

Funny comments here, but this could be a good way to stop people p!ss!ng in the hedgerows, I've had 2 ticks in the last week - wouldn't one of them attaching itself you-know-where!

You probably do find them on site as there are deer around, but no need to panic.

Yep it is but still this is not a bloody problem that anyone should even be remotely worried about....

My point was that if you read the thread, you'll see the OP asked a question which was exclusively met with comedy come-backs or 'don't worry about it' replies, even from some lad who sounds like he may have had one on his knackers.  If you're looking to pour cold water on tick hysteria, you'll need to search elsewhere - nothing to see here.

My point was that if you read the thread, you'll see the OP asked a question which was exclusively met with comedy come-backs or 'don't worry about it' replies, even from some lad who sounds like he may have had one on his knackers.  If you're looking to pour cold water on tick hysteria, you'll need to search elsewhere - nothing to see here.

Fair enough