Secret resales 2015

Terence99

Just now, tabasco said:

The thing is, they've never called it a "secret" resale. I've seen it referred to as a "flash" resale officially, but never a "secret".

So maybe they're just fucking with us over semantics.

Its just an unadvertised sale due to there being so few tickets to re-sell

2 minutes ago, Glasto8 said:

No normally they say there are no planned resales but keep an eye on the website. They aren't saying that this time...

i was getting at them denying it then a resale happening. i guess it just depends what person you get for the excuse they give 

2 minutes ago, frizzydizzymizzy said:

if any tickets have been returned then these will mainly be general admission tickets, which deserve to go to the public. crew etc are allocated tickets which they pick up on site and get different wristbands. i think there will be a secret sale. and i think before they announce the full line-up around 31st may. i can't handle sitting here for another couple of weeks. my sis may have to miss out this year if thats the case! (sorry sis) 

Ah ok, im not too familiar with the workings of festivals. My assumption was they could do what they wanted with a few hundred tickets. I hope youre right!

Just now, Vipospleen said:

Agreed there really is no point into keep on asking them.

If they said yes they would need to make it public and we do not want that.

It's not just Glastonbury. Most venues release extra tickets closer to the date, it's always down to the production numbers, guest list etc. T

They may not have tickets today but the may in an hour, tomorrow, 3 weeks or never so the official word has to be no. 

I bet some of those 'Production tickets' were on Get Me In (other ticket re-sellers are available) for double the price

2 minutes ago, Prophet6 said:

If it wasn't happening they would say so on twitter, website etc.

The fact that they're not, and just repeating the same old mantra to individual enquirers means it's definitely ON.

Mark my words!

Bizarre reasoning. The website clearly states the festival is sold out. They've never announced anything saying 'there'll be as couple of tickets on sale sometime after the refund date'.

There's no rhyme or reason here. There might be more tickets, but there might not be.

6 minutes ago, frizzydizzymizzy said:

if any tickets have been returned then these will mainly be general admission tickets, which deserve to go to the public. crew etc are allocated tickets which they pick up on site and get different wristbands. 

The festival is limited by the total number on site and can flex punters/crew as it wishes. See cannot however - it would be Glastonbury festival's call and that is where this email came from. The horror! the horror!

PS I am still hitting f5 :) 

2 minutes ago, Plumb111 said:

If I'm honest thats probably enough for me. Been taking over my life for way too long. They have pretty clearly stated that it is not happening so thats enough for me.

got to at least see the little bit of time left today mate,but enjoy the fresh air when you leave

I don't think they would make a public announcement to put us out of our misery. In doing so we will only come to expect that every year thus killing the element of surprise that they love to keep. It'll either happen or it won't but dont expect an official announcement to st us free. I am still optimistic for the resale though :) 

Just now, beefykoala said:

Dunno about y'all, but the joy is in the journey as much as the destination. I'm having fun hanging out with you all regardless of ticketing. Stress less, enjoy more. :sungum:

Agreed - except it could quite easily cost some people their jobs (and I accept that that's individual choice... but it's just that Glaso should e aware of that)

1 minute ago, Bluebella said:

If anyone is interested in seeing what happened before/during/after last years sale in this thread, then head to page 321.

Knowing me I'll go to that page, get distracted, then open it back up and lose my mind. Not worth it.