Secret resales 2015

Terence99

I've worked Glastonbury for 16 years and would always work it ,it wont cost you any money apart from the deposit you get back, your making a few hundred for in this case oxfarm, and you make the festival function. normally you can arrive on site earlier . Also Ive switched companys or groups and over time you can find something to do on site you like doing 

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, Lucy92 said:

i cant believe I've missed it again. :( thank you so much to those who messaged I just wasn't quick enough again :(

It runs till 5...keep looking. I missed the first lot.
They are releasing places in batches.

Edited by Woz101

57 minutes ago, MadScientist said:

Agh that's annoying 

I worked for a company that used to do stwearding at Glasto (SLS - awful company) anyway, their base was in the car park near Ped Gate B.

I took a tent with me (as workers need to be in before the punters) but not much else. All my friends arrived on the Wednesday and I just walked out and down to the campsite and spent my nights with them for the rest of the festival - popping back when I had to work/wanted a shower/cheap food. 

If you ask your friends to take your bag in with them or if you leave your main bag in the car and walk in with them when they arrive, they really can't police it. 

Got all my shifts done, tidied up after myself but just wanted to camp with my chums - it was great. 

Edited by endswithMJ

15 minutes ago, Tannertron said:

did the Oxfam volunteers have to work another festival to get your deposit back? Because with Festaff I have to do Glasto and one other to get my deposit back..

No - there's no strings attached other than turn up complete your shifts etc.

Although if someone does 2 festivals with Oxfam this year, they'll qualify for priority status and therefore are pretty much guaranteed a place at Glastonbury next year if they want it.

To be honest I think a lot of the terms and conditions with Festaff are a lot meaner than other organisations - they keep back an admin fee which I've not seen anywhere else, they don't feed you, or help with transport and I've heard they hold onto your ID (passport/drivers licence) while you're working. On the other hand, Festaff do have a pretty key advantage of having most of their shifts front loaded - so you're much less likely to be working during a band you want to see.

2 minutes ago, Katir said:

Hello. Can you send the page link or any info. I'm out at my daughters swimming class. Please help xX

http://www.oxfam.org.uk/stewarding/festivals

You'll need to register, which is quite a fiddly process - you'll need a passport type photo to add to the site. It can be picky on the photo - I mailed them and have no idea how I got it to work...it didn't for a while with me. 

Edited by Woz101