Secret rock bar

Dr Glasto

Did anyone find the secret rock bar last year? I saw on the BBC coverage afterwards and thought it looked awesome!! Definitely something I've previously thought was missing from the late night offerings at Glastonbury. But where was it???

Well at least we know it's in the general Shangri-La area - that's a start! I did wonder if there was a secret entrance in the Snake Pit as there was a really long queue for that but once inside it seemed pretty empty. I have a feeling we were the only losers dancing in the main room whilst everyone else was in a secret area lol.

I found I little rock/metal bar in Shangri hell last year, was by the main stage. Think it was the one on the been but didn't think it was particularly secret

Cheers! It might not be that secret to be fair - just was to me! Did it have a motorbike in it? I seem to remember that featuring in the BBC one...

Found the one in shangri-la if that's the one you're talking about. I'd say it's more on the small side then it actually being secret. It was probably one of the smaller venues in shangri-la. I think I remember having to answer a question on metal/rock before being allowed in. Hearing maiden, korn and SOAD at glastonbury was pretty awesome!

Found the one in shangri-la if that's the one you're talking about. I'd say it's more on the small side then it actually being secret. It was probably one of the smaller venues in shangri-la. I think I remember having to answer a question on metal/rock before being allowed in. Hearing maiden, korn and SOAD at glastonbury was pretty awesome!

Out of interest what was question?

TBH, thought the rock bar was a one-off as Metallica were headlining. Would be great if it was every year now as something like that would fill a hole in the late night schedule for me. SW Corner is so 'dance music' orientated; always thought a dark and dingy 'basement style' rock club would go down really well.

TBH, thought the rock bar was a one-off as Metallica were headlining. Would be great if it was every year now as something like that would fill a hole in the late night schedule for me. SW Corner is so 'dance music' orientated; always thought a dark and dingy 'basement style' rock club would go down really well.

Oh yeah can we have Foos theme this year?

I completely agree. My friends and I like to party late into the night at Glasto and we end up doing the dance thing just because there is no other obvious option available. Classic rock n roll has always been our first love but we are all completely open to so many different types of music. We willingly throw ourselves into most genres but there seems to be a perception that if you want to party late into the night at Glasto then dance music must be what you are craving. I know the Rocket Lounge and Diner do offer an alternative but on the whole if you aren't into dance music then you don't have a massive choice. A late night rock club for those of us who like to dance our arses off into the wee small hours would be most welcome.