Glastonbury Festival Run 2015

Dixo

The run course goes around the festival site, starting up by the farm and taking in various points around the site. This year it visits the Dragon. Entries will be open around the end of April, book early to avoid disappointment. I have to declare an interest, I am helping organise it.

The link to more information on the Village website is:

http://www.piltonvillage.co.uk/festival-run.html

I did the 5km the first year and won a nice running shoe trophy presented by Mr Eavis for coming second. It clashed with other things last year though so had to miss it. Hope that I can fit it in this year as it's great fun running round the site. Gives you a very different perspective of the size of the site and how much they squeeze into it.

• 1 month later...

Entries for this years 2015 Festival Run are now open, the run is expected to be sold out again this year so book early to avoid disappointment. There are 2 km, 5 km and 10 km courses and they all go around areas of the Festival site. This is your chance to see the Farm outside of the Festival.

Details can be found on the Pilton Village web pages at:

http://www.piltonvillage.co.uk/festival-run.html

• 5 months later...

Thanks to everyone who helped out. The hills were an absolute killer - wasn't expecting there to be so many or so big! Pleased with my time of 52 min though :)

Was great to run round the festival site as it currently is and seeing some secret back ways as well.

Pleasure was all ours. There are about 100 people from the village who volunteer to help, there are a comittee in single figures who work this all year to make as much money as possible for charity. We will have a wash up and work out what the final amount raised was, we estimate about 8k. Glad it want well, you should wear your e fest t shirt next year and I will say hello. I mince around at the start / finish area trying to organise you lot.

It will sell out earlier next year, the word is getting around and we had lots of complimentary comments.  Most seem to be planning to come back again.