Lineup 2016

Matt42

• Replies 12k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, supreme said:

Well Neil lets just say, will we be surprised?

I'm not getting into that sort of thing, where you get to the names by ruling stuff in or out via questions.

But in answer to your question, those who are surprised will be surprised, and those that aren't won't be, and there might be some who are neither surprised or unsurprised. :P

2 minutes ago, Biogeneric said:

Can't be bothered to scroll through today's pages in case it's already been mentioned (can only assume that it has), but GnR are rumoured to be on Radio 1 in the morning and they have just confirmed that they are announcing the next headliner at the same time, 7:30am.

We have talked about this, if you are referring to what kerrang said there was no mention of Radio 1. But if you are not on about that, where are these rumours circulating?

Just now, supreme said:

We have talked about this, if you are referring to what kerrang said there was no mention of Radio 1. But if you are not on about that, where are these rumours circulating?

Right okay, my friends in the office said they saw something on Twitter, that sounds about right. Phew! Was thinking it was all but confirmed when I heard that earlier, got some hope back again!

9 minutes ago, Shikari20 said:

Going for these 3 tomorrow-

Biffy

BFMV

Neck Deep

BFMV have just announced their own tour for later this year so it's very unlikely.

6 minutes ago, Ipayne said:

At the Drive in playing Open'er last weekend in June/Start of July. Not sure whether they would come back over to Europe for a third time for R&L, guess we'll have to see. Really, Really hoping they play though.

Yeah I can't see it for a 3rd time, you are lucky to get American acts come over twice. There are about 2 acts tbf at a USA fest they are playing where about 5 could be R&Ls possible but 3 very max play.

5 minutes ago, Ipayne said:

I wonder if they'll play a few more gigs over here around that time then rather than do a fest as Cedric has said the dates announced were only the initial ones?

If they're back over in june it wouldn't massively surprise me if they play download, prehaps a brixton and/or Glasgow show at the same time.

1 minute ago, 6daviesdr said:

If they're back over in june it wouldn't massively surprise me if they play download, prehaps a brixton and/or Glasgow show at the same time.

They're in the States for most of June, the tour finishes over there around Glastonbury weekend I think. I reckon they might do either Glasto or T and then a few dates on the side. Hopefully a few gigs all over the country.

1 minute ago, Obiginnaw said:

Were stone roses ever definitely put out of the running? Too many rumours this year to count so I'm a bit behind 

Don't think so but the guy claiming he had info has since disappeared and some of the other bands he named seemed off (Twin Atlantic being one, have played a lot recently, playing Download & headlining 2000 trees, can't see them doing Reading as well)

23 minutes ago, 6daviesdr said:

They won't be at Download, they are on a few days break between West Coast and East Coast America dates. They are doing a Canada date on Thursday and another Canada fest over that weekend so it would need to be Friday which would mean they would be Sunday if any day, JP header or 3rd/4th down Other if they play. I can see TITP happening though and maybe some more UK dates. 

2 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

They won't be at Download, they are on a few days break between West Coast and East Coast America dates. They are doing a Canada date on Thursday and another Canada fest over that weekend so it would need to be Friday which would mean they would be Sunday if any day, JP header or 3rd/4th down Other if they play. I can see TITP happening though and maybe some more UK dates. 

Yeah i did none of that research into my comment haha I'd like them to headline heavy, but that's only the weekend before reading this year so it'd be no more likely really.

25 minutes ago, Chavmeisterdeluxe said:

Don't think so but the guy claiming he had info has since disappeared and some of the other bands he named seemed off (Twin Atlantic being one, have played a lot recently, playing Download & headlining 2000 trees, can't see them doing Reading as well)

Yeah that was the last I heard of them, honestly I wouldn't mind any of the rumoured ones (even Kanye would be a laugh at least) 

think another guy on here posted a while ago a lineup with the darkness in, who i reckon would be a top gig to put in

1 hour ago, eFestivals said:

I'm not getting into that sort of thing, where you get to the names by ruling stuff in or out via questions.

But in answer to your question, those who are surprised will be surprised, and those that aren't won't be, and there might be some who are neither surprised or unsurprised. :P

I have might read that wrong but it is suggesting an average run of the mill announcement so no big surprising and the same old headliners who are proven but does not mean they are good and put on a show. 

11 hours ago, thejimbola said:

It's Godsmack! 'G'eneration Day was a song on their latest album. It's obvious when you think about it!

Take my money now!

2 hours ago, eFestivals said:

What an unsurprising answer :)

I'd put money on it not being GnR tomorrow. But if it is...........I'm there.