BST Hyde Park 2015

the wonderwhy

• Replies 507
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just went and tried to take advantafe of the £99 joint ticket for Blur + The Who but it is showing up as unavailable :(

Hopefully they start doing this again closer to the date...

I would have gone for Kylie + The Who, but that was the only combination that they didn't offer. Wonder why?

(I'm not that fussed about Kylie, but would have enjoyed Grace Jones and Chic.)

Pretty great set of other bands there, too. Will PSB be on the main stage or one of the tents somewhere?

Looks like its outdoor stages rather than tents now.

But I imagine PSB will be late on one of those smaller stages. Beck, Future Islands and probably Temples on the main stage.

Looks like its outdoor stages rather than tents now.

But I imagine PSB will be late on one of those smaller stages. Beck, Future Islands and probably Temples on the main stage.

Would be a shame if so, reckon I'll be keeping my spot at the main stage so I don't face the dreaded sound issues further back.

Does anyone know what the stage times are (or are likely to be) for Blur? My return coach is at 11:00pm, and I don't want to have to leave the crowd before they're finished.

Curfew is 10:30 at Hyde Park I think? So they'll be done before then at the latest.

Is your coach from Victoria. If so exit at the end through the gate behind the stage to the left as you look.at it and Victoria is walkable from there in about ten minutes

I bought a coach ticket through BST themselves, ticket says there is an official coach park. I guess I'll find out when I get there.

Curfew is 10:30 at Hyde Park I think? So they'll be done before then at the latest.

That's what I was hoping to hear. Though it probably means a 90 minute 9 o' clock til 10:30 set. Thanks.

Would be a shame if so, reckon I'll be keeping my spot at the main stage so I don't face the dreaded sound issues further back.

The front section is pretty large and easy to get in to with the standard swoop in from the side, wouldn't have thought you'll need to keeping a spot really.

At Sabbath last year I got a decent spot near the front and we only went down there about 20 minutes before they came on.

I bought a coach ticket through BST themselves, ticket says there is an official coach park. I guess I'll find out when I get there.

The official coach park will probably just be Victoria :P

I really thought at the initial price the line up was very weak. Thought there would be a decent sub to be added

They really have buggered up on so many levels

They thought Blur would be a huge draw so made tickets exorbitantly expensive and skimped on a solid supporting lineup, now you can pick up tickets for less than half of face value and because of the disappointing undercard I'm sure I'm not the only one who is going to be turning up an hour or so before Blur come on and thus not be spending any money getting food or at the bar

They really have buggered up on so many levels

They thought Blur would be a huge draw so made tickets exorbitantly expensive and skimped on a solid supporting lineup, now you can pick up tickets for less than half of face value and because of the disappointing undercard I'm sure I'm not the only one who is going to be turning up an hour or so before Blur come on and thus not be spending any money getting food or at the bar

To be fair they've been making the same mistakes for three years now :P 

I guess I could abide that Blur lineup as the main stage has two of my favourite bands on it. Still I don't think it'd be enough of an incentive to part with £85 as they've been regulars on the UK festival scene for ages now.

Metronomy are getting to be quite a sizeable name but I think some stuff like perhaps Suede supporting or just acts that might appeal more to old school Blur fans would have done much better. It was always solely about Blur and their comeback though so I'm not surprised they haven't put too much effort into dressing up the day's lineup.