matt_berr

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

South West England

Forecast Summary

Today

A dry day for most and with more sunshine than Saturday and light winds it will pleasantly warm. There is just a small chance of an isolated shower.

I'll take that. Light breeze will help dry everyone's tents get the paths and fields dried out as the day goes on too.

Strange how the meltdown seems to stop once the rain started!

After morning walks the site is drying out pretty quickly they have done wonders with wood chip and it's never got nightmarish really. Few patches of proper icky and some very slippy slopes - apologies to those we laughed at up in the park, congratulations to those who styled it out

The rain before Foster the People had some of the biggest drops I've seen - i thought the first barrage was someone throwing marbles

So.....when do we start getting the first long range forecasts for next June? :-)

Feels to me like this year we didn't know about the rain until the Saturday or Sunday before this year's festival, so I'm happy to guess you a forecast now:

Wednesday - Morning showers then sun

Thursday - sunny spells

Friday - sun but some light showers mid afternoon

Saturday - overcast

Sunday - sunny spells

As it seems to me that guesses will be the most accurate we'll get until the week before Glastonbury 2015...
Edited by TomfromStroud

Looking back, coulda been better, coulda been worse. Given the choice, would you have stuck with this years weather, or twisted?

Personally..... yes rain on several days meant more mud than woulda been ideal, but, warm not too hot, nice breeze, sporadic cloud cover, dry at night.....stick!

First time at GF so had no idea what rain would do to the ground apart from what I had seen on TV.

Ground coped really well I thought and despite the heaviest rain I have seen in the UK in my 49 years recovered very fast.

If I had to choose, apart from obviously no rain but not scorching hot, then this would do however, slightly less less heavy storms would be an advantage.

Looking back, coulda been better, coulda been worse. Given the choice, would you have stuck with this years weather, or twisted?

Personally..... yes rain on several days meant more mud than woulda been ideal, but, warm not too hot, nice breeze, sporadic cloud cover, dry at night.....stick!

I thought it was fine, considering what was being predicted, and even forecast during the festival. The great thing was it never got so muddy that people couldn't sit down after a couple of hours - though I didn't manage to get up to the Park after Thursday and I can imagine that was worse than the other main stage areas. Also the rain came in bursts rather than hanging around all day which makes a huge difference. And it was mainly warm.

I'd take it again next year (though would prefer a bit drier!)

The biggest problem for me was The Park which is a shame as it is one of my favourite areas. If they could have got a bit more of the mulch down there and I could have remembered my stool on Friday then it would be ok. I obviously preferred the weather in 2013 and 2010 but it wasn't bad enough to put me off. I think the weather just changes what you do or attempt to do.

Strange how the meltdown seems to stop once the rain started!

After morning walks the site is drying out pretty quickly they have done wonders with wood chip and it's never got nightmarish really. Few patches of proper icky and some very slippy slopes - apologies to those we laughed at up in the park, congratulations to those who styled it out

The rain before Foster the People had some of the biggest drops I've seen - i thought the first barrage was someone throwing marbles

Ha, that's the thing with anxiety- you spend all that time fretting about something, yet when it actually happens you just end up dealing with it!