ZooLoos Powder Room

stardustjunkie

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We always go for a massage in the Healing Fields on Thursday - and sometimes Sunday too! They're lovely and you pay a donation. We usually give about £20 for 20 minutes-half an hour. Never miss it.

If I get a ticket, I'd like to go for a massage in the Healing Fields. I've always thought about having a massage there, but never built up the courage to go for it as part of me always felt a bit funny about getting a massage. I have now overcome this 'funny feeling' as I've now had lots of massages while on holiday (the most left field of which was having a massage by an inmate within the womens prison in Chaing Mai in Thailand. I had felt odd about that too, but apparently it's encouraged so as to give the inmates a skill to use on the outside rather than return to crime). Anyway, it sounds like it would be a really nice thing to do at Glastonbury.

If I get a ticket, I'd like to go for a massage in the Healing Fields. I've always thought about having a massage there, but never built up the courage to go for it as part of me always felt a bit funny about getting a massage. I have now overcome this 'funny feeling' as I've now had lots of massages while on holiday (the most left field of which was having a massage by an inmate within the womens prison in Chaing Mai in Thailand. I had felt odd about that too, but apparently it's encouraged so as to give the inmates a skill to use on the outside rather than return to crime). Anyway, it sounds like it would be a really nice thing to do at Glastonbury.

Go for it! You don't have to get naked or anything and they're so laidback and lovely there. I don't know though, maybe you'd like to get naked.

Saw something about that Thai prison giving massages on TV the other day, funnily enough.

Go for it! You don't have to get naked or anything and they're so laidback and lovely there. I don't know though, maybe you'd like to get naked.

Saw something about that Thai prison giving massages on TV the other day, funnily enough.

Yes, the laid back nature of that area is really appealing. I often go there just to walk around and get away from the madness.

That's interesting, I've heard negative things about the massages in the Green fields, so it's nice to hear some positives. Are they qualified though? I wouldn't normally ask but this is quite a painful injury, which I can guarantee will hurt after carrying my stuff.

It's in the Healing Fields rather than the Green Fields and as far as I know they are qualified. Each therapist is different though, so I would ask them to see if they have any proof of accreditation or what have you.

My friend has a long-term back injury and had two massages last year without any issues.

Sorry, I did mean Healing Fields haha.

I just don't want to make anything worse than it already is, so it'll be better to check before I have anything done. £20 is reasonable too, especially if I put that money aside before I go, making sure I have it there if I need it.

I'm pleased cause I'm working for about a week at the start of May (as opposed to one day a week on top of uni ), so that's going to be my Glasto budget for the year, perfect timing :D Means I might be able to spare cash for this! Would love to have a massage there!

Sorry, I did mean Healing Fields haha.

I just don't want to make anything worse than it already is, so it'll be better to check before I have anything done. £20 is reasonable too, especially if I put that money aside before I go, making sure I have it there if I need it.

I'm pleased cause I'm working for about a week at the start of May (as opposed to one day a week on top of uni ), so that's going to be my Glasto budget for the year, perfect timing :D Means I might be able to spare cash for this! Would love to have a massage there!

Yeah, obviously you'll need to be careful with a long-term injury but have a chat to them - they're very helpful and nice. I always find it helps massively after carrying all my shite in on the Wednesday!

Yeah, obviously you'll need to be careful with a long-term injury but have a chat to them - they're very helpful and nice. I always find it helps massively after carrying all my shite in on the Wednesday!

Totally agree - I really don't know how I'd have coped last year without a shoulder massage in the Healing Fields. Me and my sister only arrived at 1am on the Friday and getting everything to our (thankfully pre-pitched) tents in one go was rather painful - I have an existing shoulder injury and went straight to find a shoulder rub once I woke up and that sorted me right out :biggrin:

Totally agree - I really don't know how I'd have coped last year without a shoulder massage in the Healing Fields. Me and my sister only arrived at 1am on the Friday and getting everything to our (thankfully pre-pitched) tents in one go was rather painful - I have an existing shoulder injury and went straight to find a shoulder rub once I woke up and that sorted me right out :biggrin:

That's good to hear :)

Mine is whiplash from someone rear ending my car, but I was hit at an angle, and it's my right shoulder and left hip that give me the most grief, and I just know that carrying all my stuff is going to give me problems.

That's good to hear :)

Mine is whiplash from someone rear ending my car, but I was hit at an angle, and it's my right shoulder and left hip that give me the most grief, and I just know that carrying all my stuff is going to give me problems.

It will, but the pain will be temporary, the massage will be wonderful and it will all be totally worth it :)

No The ZooLoos Powder Room is amazing and it's going to be even better this year. It's not just the hot showers or the clean toilets. They have a bar serving breakfast, hair & Make up girls and massage parlours. It's a complete chill out area.

It's also the cheapest boutique camping field you will find offering the best facilities.

Take your commercial advert and get out! At least have the decency to pay Neil

You charge a lot for things that are all available inside the fence at far lower cost. In a world of waste and excess that makes you...

Ah don't be Like that Festival Freak. Yes I'm from ZooLoos and Yippee Yurts and proud to part of it. All we are doing is offering an optional luxurious camping field with decent clean (and more eco friendly) toilets and lovely hot showers. Trust me by the third day it will be the best money you will spend and well worth it.

I just want to spread the word that if you want to get away and re fresh for while, we are there, offering a great service.

in the time it'd take to walk there and back, you could join the queue to have a shower onsite for free.

I've never even sought out the onsite showers - are they the ones in the greenpeace field - what's the waiting time like and is there a best time to go?

Ah don't be Like that Festival Freak. Yes I'm from ZooLoos and Yippee Yurts and proud to part of it. All we are doing is offering an optional luxurious camping field with decent clean (and more eco friendly) toilets and lovely hot showers. Trust me by the third day it will be the best money you will spend and well worth it.

I just want to spread the word that if you want to get away and re fresh for while, we are there, offering a great service.

Never in 17 Glastonburys and numerous other festivals have felt the need to seek out a shower, let alone one off site that costs £60. But each to their own I guess, it's just that most other commercial advertisers pay for their adverts. But at least you've come clean (pardon the pub) Ben Childs, now cough up and pay Neil. Ta.

Never in 17 Glastonburys and numerous other festivals have felt the need to seek out a shower, let alone one off site that costs £60. But each to their own I guess, it's just that most other commercial advertisers pay for their adverts. But at least you've come clean (pardon the pub) Ben Childs, now cough up and pay Neil. Ta.

That said, a clean shower and shit every day, if used for the full 6 mornings you spend at Glasto makes it just under a tenner a day. That's not bad going at all if you can use it.

That said, a clean shower and shit every day, if used for the full 6 mornings you spend at Glasto makes it just under a tenner a day. That's not bad going at all if you can use it.

I can't see many people holding it in pegging it across site, out the gate, over the road in through their security then doing all the same going back - that is not a ten minute loo trip

I feel so very sorry for anyone whose partner insists on this

I can't see many people holding it in pegging it across site, out the gate, over the road in through their security then doing all the same going back - that is not a ten minute loo trip

I feel so very sorry for anyone whose partner insists on this

The only thing is... By the time you leg it to the zoo loo powder rooms, you could still potentially be in the queue for the toilets in your campsite. We all know that dreaded feeling of being desperate for a wee in the morning and the queue is massive, often with men stood around holding toilet paper, like it's some kind of ritual :sarcastic:

often with men stood around holding toilet paper, like it's some kind of ritual :sarcastic:

This is one of the strangest things I've read - yes, it's the ritual of 'going to the loo'....

Crazy shit those folk get up to on the farm. Using toilets and stuff.

If we're going to do battle of the sexes there are usually more girls in the queue as blokes can use urinals, making it doubly odd.

Never had that long a queue, and none in the morning if you go when you wake up first. Sounds mostly like more advertising randomly blaming men knowing women are the ZooLoos primary customer group (are you stuck waiting behind men pooping even though you only need a wee?) and instantly and freely solved with the use of a traveljohn or comfort bottle

This is one of the strangest things I've read - yes, it's the ritual of 'going to the loo'....

Crazy shit those folk get up to on the farm. Using toilets and stuff.

If we're going to do battle of the sexes there are usually more girls in the queue as blokes can use urinals, making it doubly odd.

Never had that long a queue, and none in the morning if you go when you wake up first. Sounds mostly like more advertising randomly blaming men knowing women are the ZooLoos primary customer group (are you stuck waiting behind men pooping even though you only need a wee?) and instantly and freely solved with the use of a traveljohn or comfort bottle

Just an observation! There have been mornings when I've stood in that queue for a good half an hour or so. Obviously men need to use the loo, they just always seem to be there first thing in the morning :sarcastic: Not complaining, nor am I advertising.. I'm using the zoo loo powder rooms as I've got a free wristband or whatever to do so. I also camp near the correct gate to get to them anyway. Whether or not I use them depends on whether I can be bothered to or not. But the queues are always very long in the morning, for the toilets and even more so for the taps. By the time I queue and wait, I could just as easily walk to the powder rooms and use their flushing toilets and maybe even quickly shower while I'm there. It's a possibility and one I'm not ruling out, however it's not one I would've paid for myself.

...nor am I advertising.. I'm using the zoo loo powder rooms as I've got a free wristband or whatever to do so. I also camp near the correct gate to get to them anyway....

on the payroll - opinion: disregard

no offence, just falls foul of my marketing filter.

and again with the anti-men thing. would be just fine if it was all girls in it together