T In The Park 2014

Guest harryomatic

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i think except for glasto it might be my last one altogether.

people saying about going T when Glasto isn't on but i think T suffers a bit when glasto isn't on.

in 2001 and 06 it was a bit weaker, mostly I admit within the tuts tent but that's the best area/venue at T i reckon. transmissions is also cool. it makes a big difference from like R&L that there is also a 2nd big outdoor stage with radio 1 so you almost get a whole set of acts that R&L don't due to the whole main stage, then a stage that's like middle mainstream then tut's/nme effectively/john peel kinda. you could say the main stage is more poppy based but that does let you enjoy the best of the main stage and then radio 1 which is a mix of what the main stage is missing, with Tut's on top.

this said, I do think 2001 was a lot poorer lineup than 2006 - which wasn't great on the undercard either. for this I think T using 2 weeks holiday in 3 weeks is just a one timer, but the wait since last july, all the mixed reviews, my own debating it for the last 3 or so years all came down to one great non-regretful decision.

Edited by thetime

Big load of us are thinking of titp next year, couple of mates did there first titp last weekend instead of reading/Leeds and they loved it. This year is my big foreign fest year so will stick to uk ones after this year, so titp looks the first option next year.

Glastonbury no chance of going, reading/Leeds gets worse every year, v gets more poppy every year, download has changed.

On a side note titp 2001 was a great lineup.

I could see Tribes playing again next year. Johnny Lloyd made a couple of comments about how much they love it.

"Last year was our first T In The Park, it was mega and we couldn't wait to come back this year"

Then at the end of the set he gave a big grin and said:

"See you next year"

I could be completely wrong but that's certainly one repeat booking I'd be happy to have.

I could see Tribes playing again next year. Johnny Lloyd made a couple of comments about how much they love it.

"Last year was our first T In The Park, it was mega and we couldn't wait to come back this year"

Then at the end of the set he gave a big grin and said:

"See you next year"

I could be completely wrong but that's certainly one repeat booking I'd be happy to have.

Try it every year mate, got a non festival going wife so no chance. She's hates music(apart from boybands), camping and crowds haha, so as much chance as bjork headlining as getting them to a festival.

Which is a shame as Glastonbury is a glorious place.

It works out perfect to be fair, we both get to recharge our batteries away from each other. I got to fests with mates and she goes on a foreign holiday with her mates and then on a family holiday altogether.

She just doesn't get it why you would spend a fortune getting pissed on watching dodgy guitar bands.

Opposites attract and all that.

why no chance glasto? yeah R&L has me bored and we were saying if all our normal crew went T this year it would've smashed Leeds out the water. Stop in Pink and you'll be fine, 10 mins walk to the main stage this year, great atmosphere and campsite and the best festival burger stall I've ever come across haha

i guess 2001 is subjective on taste, but after going, it's all about getting as much as you can from tut's i reckon, the energy and excitement/atmosphere in there is like nothing else.

Edited by Chiefski

Think the king tuts tent sometimes has the ability to make normal acts sound amazing, seen some of my favourite sets in there (Ash in 04 being right up), though not even by acts I'd always enjoy, probably the best stage at T as you say

Glad you enjoyed the trip up here Gazza.

Kinda scrambing to see what last fests are about, cant be doing going a summer without one.

the views of cumbria and the lakes on the way were just the start. saw some great sets, i just wonder if the lineup had been like 2011 or even 10, how good a time i would've had cause it's as good as any uk fest bar glasto i've done, if only for the crowd

This. Plus the fact it was empty so getting between stages was quicker, no queues, camping was less stressful and a more pleasant experience and generally everyone is happy. This year with last year's weather would have seen many turn tail never to return I reckon.

Pink, if it's the same as previous years, can be hellish ned fest or ok, depending on which night they open it. It was great the one time I stayed there but more like red the next year when I tried to return.

It was about saturday morning when I realised that the T blues I had weren't because I was missing the festival, but I was missing the build up and excitement leading up to that first band. The first can with mates after you have pitched tents and set up is special. 4 more fests for me this year, sod's law says the weather won't hold though.

i wanna know if they do more than Mumford did. At T I thought mumford were far better than at Glasto - Glasto is a bigger stage I guess so. But as much as I enjoyed Mumford on friday, The Killers smashed them out the water and Rihanna (although until last hour of her show) it wasn't great anyway.

The poor thing with T was they put the very boring and wasteful Phonics on before The Killers.