The Psychedelic Music of Glastonbury

Dave The Hedgehog

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As simonizer said, not a lot of psych on the bill as of yet. Hopefully more to come when the full list is up.

Although listening to some of the acts on the bill I'd never heard of, came across Courtney Barnett. Bit more indie than psychedelic but has a lot of those two/three chord wonder songs that us BJM fans love so very much.

Most people on here know that I don't know my arse from my elbow when it comes to music, so don't shoot me down if I've got this wrong - it's just that I happened to stumble across this event at the weekend while innocently searching for something else. Not sure if it's the same type of stuff as the bands you are talking about but thought it worth mentioning in case it was and any of you wanted to go;

http://www.liverpoolpsychfest.com/

Would absolutely love some of the acts from there to do Glasto. And as others have mentioned bring some psych to the line up in general. It'd be fantastic to see the likes of Teeth Of The Sea and Gnod pop up on the lineup.

As said in this and that other topic from last year, definitely more shoegaze/krautrock/experimental + 'psych' (although bit of an overused term these days) needed on the line-up. A lot of decent stuff out there at the moment and surprised the likes of established bands like death in vegas, my bloody valentine weren't playing last year.

Slowdive have reformed, another Spiritualized set closing the park again would go down a treat also legends such as eric burdon and rocky erickson are touring and these artists embodying the spirit of the original festival era, all should be involved.

Hope the rest of the line up fills in the gaps a bit as its definitely an area the festival is getting left behind in.

Edited by Field Commander Jefferson

SPOT ON - surely they've got people switched on to Rocky / Burdon touring and realising these are the exact types of acts Glastonbury needs to see!

Whole area of music missing from a scene that is massive right now and it all fits in perectly with what Glastonbury's all about...imagine seeing Rocky Erikson down there this year...

to be honest there are so many top acts who are buzzing right now that would add massively to it all down there that just keep getting overlooked

Dead Skeletons for instance would be as good as you could hope to see there, absolute mad stuff, proper pumping...no sign of them at all seems mad!! People that book need to get switched onto it all!

As said in this and that other topic from last year, definitely more shoegaze/krautrock/experimental + 'psych' (although bit of an overused term these days) needed on the line-up. A lot of decent stuff out there at the moment and surprised the likes of established bands like death in vegas, my bloody valentine weren't playing last year.

Slowdive have reformed, another Spiritualized set closing the park again would go down a treat also legends such as eric burdon and rocky erickson are touring and these artists embodying the spirit of the original festival era, all should be involved.

Hope the rest of the line up fills in the gaps a bit as its definitely an area the festival is getting left behind in.

Tame Impala i thought were very good and i loved the vibe

Jagwar Ma even better and i cant wait to see them on the park stage this year

Jagwar Ma was class last year,big crowd too for the time of day

The Horrors album is brilliant. Track 4 In and Out is one of the best things they have done. It's got a great bass line which just hooks the song together. The single I See You is great to. One of the best British bands at the moment for me.

Jagwar Ma were really good last year. The album translated really well live and they had a real rave feel to their set. Looking forward to seeing both bands.

Jagwar Ma were brilliant when I saw them (not at glasto). Can't wait to see them again on the park, hopefully on the sun.

Have the new horrors a spin, decent. I'll defo try and catch them as I've never seen them before.