3rd Headliner just confirmed

Guest Paul ™

• Replies 392
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good question haha.

I'm thinking the Friday headliner because Rob said he'd be announcing the Sunday headliner mid-March, which probably meant he had sorted it out. But would someone like Florence take so much time to book for Friday? And someone like Florence can't headline the Sunday of all days.

Who knows, hopefully Rob will tell us soon otherwise this festival would have to change it's name to slowstival.

That's what I'm wondering. I mean, 3rd headliner - does that mean headliner for the 3rd day or just 'the headliner I booked last'?

He said somewhere he's already got the Sunday headliner so I'm assuming this means he's got Friday's now. So if it IS Friday's... I mean, we can read into how he said all we want but to me he's surprised by it, and would Florence + The Machine make anybody that surprised?

Taking into account the lack of surprise of it being Florence, the fact Sunday's headliner has been booked for a while, and the fact no sane man in the world would put her after Sigur Ros, I think all of this points towards it being somebody else more surprising than Florence + The Machine for Friday. Is my logic sound or am I just as confused as everybody else?

Edited by smogo

I was thinking yesterday that Portishead would be a reasonable shout since a) they've not headlined before and B) Clive Deamer would be free from Radiohead duties at that point. Plus they are one of the very few bands that I can think of that could realistically follow Sigur Ros.

Could be wrong though.

Edited by RaymondM