2012 Lineup

Guest Hart Attack

• Replies 16.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes they do have many good songs, but to not play either of boys dont cry and friday im in love at both festivals would be ridicolous, borderlining arrogant (no band, no matter how legendary, has the right to be arrogant). Although i could still enjoy their set if they leave out these two, some of my friends and i imagine a lot of casual fans would be left with a bitter taste in their mouth if they leave out their two biggest songs.

haha apologise for the rant, just annoys me when bands leave out their hits.

Edited by beau1

They will play Friday I'm in Love at Reading......well mainly because they are opening headliners.....playing on a Friday. Kind of writes itself doesn't it?

My guess is they open with it.

Predictable but awesome!

They will play Friday I'm in Love at Reading......well mainly because they are opening headliners.....playing on a Friday. Kind of writes itself doesn't it?

My guess is they open with it.

Predictable but awesome!

Edited by beau1

The problem with this argument is that you're assuming that Friday I'm in Love and Boys Don't Cry are their biggest hits. They have about 10 other songs that could be seen as just as big as those two songs (Lovecats, Inbetween Days, Lullaby, Lovesong and A Forest - just to name a few & they played all of them.)

I do agree that they have many big singles, but lets be fair, friday im in love and especially boys dont cry are their biggest hits and they should be playing them everytime at a relatively mainstream rock festival and mix up the album songs/ less known singles for the bigger cure fans. If they dont, many people will be dissapointed they didnt get to have a sing a long to boys dont cry but sat through seven minutes of the edge of the deep green sea/ open (not criticising them songs by the way). Also, considering their claiming these sets to be how theyv come full circle, it would be odd to leave out those particular songs.

But then again i may just just be a bit irritated that they seem to be leaving out almost every song i really want to see. Plus, il be going leeds, so will probably be dealt the shit hand and will have to watch a much better set on tv.

I do agree that they have many big singles, but lets be fair, friday im in love and especially boys dont cry are their biggest hits and they should be playing them everytime at a relatively mainstream rock festival and mix up the album songs/ less known singles for the bigger cure fans. If they dont, many people will be dissapointed they didnt get to have a sing a long to boys dont cry but sat through seven minutes of the edge of the deep green sea/ open (not criticising them songs by the way). Also, considering their claiming these sets to be how theyv come full circle, it would be odd to leave out those particular songs.

But then again i may just just be a bit irritated that they seem to be leaving out almost every song i really want to see. Plus, il be going leeds, so will probably be dealt the shit hand and will have to watch a much better set on tv.

I'd say Friday I'm In Love is far and away their most well-known song amongst the general public, although Lovecats and Close To Me would be recognisable to the average Joe in the street.

Edited by mrtourette

Anyway, when they played Werchter last night they played both Boys Don't Cry and Friday I'm in Love in the encores.

A Forest, Lullaby, Lovesong Inbetween Day and Just Like Heaven were played in the middle of the set. Close to Me and Lovecats weren't played at all.