Noisy Neighbours

Guest Stardust-32

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think there's some give and take with these things.

Asking people to "shush" at 2am might be a bit much.

Hammering out tunes at 6am might be be a bit much too.

Be nice to your neighbours, and be tolerant. If the everyone around you is heading for sleepsville, then maybe wind it down a bit. If everyone around you is partying like hell, bung in the earplugs and sip more vodka.

Peace and all that. <_<

• 1 year later...

My wife and i been going many years now and LOVE it. Glasto is 1 massive party if your camping 3 maybe 4 hours is all your going to get for that reason im out no sorry for that reason we have hired a campervan this time because we need a little more sleep these days its the wife. anybody tells someone to be quite at glasto should not be going or get a campervan like us em clean toilet

I camped in Lime Kiln last year and got kept awake by the stewards! We pitched our tent right next to a camping crew pitch which was good for tent pegs, security and information, but pretty disconcerting when you could clearly hear their walkie-talkies all night. I heard a few pretty scary things that properly put the fear into me. You could hear all the reports of tent thefts and even a few nasty assaults. Not what I want to hear when I'm trying to doze off. Won't stop me going back again this year though!

You do get the odd group who think it is there duty to keep everyone awake in the vicinity, but on a whole i think most people are not unreasonable and will turn there music down a bit the later it gets.

I usuall crack open a few beers have a few smokes round the fire and when i feel like i wanna drop off crawl into the tent.

I wouldn't expect people to shut up just cos i wanna get some kip, it's as much thier festival as it is mine.

Do what you want just enjoy it!!!

normally i need atleast 8 hours of sleep otherwise i'm a right mardy bitch but at glasto i seem to be ok on only 3-4 hours. i too need quiet to drop off but the noise has never fased me at glasto. we camp in either big ground or kidney mead & the noise never ever stops, i can always here people sat round camp fires chatting, music, banging etc its all part of the fun. i would never tell anyone to shut up & be quiet, there are nights when i've stayed up till gone 5, 6 7am chatting & making noise.

i do with what little sleep i can & the two days i book off work after glasto's finished i use to catch up on my sleep.

I think it's fair to expect quite a bit of noise at a festival, and I personally love hearing people chatting/singing/playing guitars/general silliness etc. while I'm falling asleep (it's a strangely comforting hum). However, I have always found the sound systems really annoying, especially at 4 in the morning. I never got why people bring their sound system to a festival when there is music being played all around the site 24 hours a day (personal opinion, though).

Party, chat and have LOTS OF fun but when you really need to crash (sleep) take Nightol one a night and USE EAR PLUGS

I have been going to Glastonbury since 2002 and would not do without my EAR PLUGS, I pitch right beside the GLADE :-)

If you need sleep, don't moan, enjoy but put in EAR PLUGS :-))))

EVERYONE HAPPY -THE WAY IT SHOULD BE- NO MOANING.....

dont get some of you lot the party begins at midnite for my wife and i its glastonbury use your brains go back to your tent about 4 or 5 in the morning or watch the sun rise then crash out till 11 then start all over again and as for telling people to keep it down funny glastonbury is special because people party through the nite thats what makes it special camp fires singing listening to people talking shite god i love the place cannot wait so end this tale GET A F..KIN LIFE

Interesting thread.

Completely disagree with OP. I would never, ever, ever tell anybody to be quiet in Glastonbury (well unless they were sharing my tent and wouldn't stop yakking to me personally when I was trying to sleep). If somebody told me to turn the music down, go to sleep etc I would probably tell them to f**k off. Not exactly in the Glasto spirit but as has been said on here noise is part and parcel of the festival. Either way I am usually a terrible sleeper, and usually I do need 8 hours a night however in Glasto I fall asleep instantly when I need to and I wake up in about 3 hours ready to continue the party.

Edited by staggerlee

Curious carryings on in this thread! Think the festival can be whatever its participants want it to be. This'll be my sixth Glastonbury, and i've had my six hours of sleep a night every night i've been there. (call me boring if you like but i'd not enjoy the other 18hrs without it!) There are plenty of quieter areas (even in Pennards in 2000) if you pick a spot near a hedge! Personally the sound system thing annoys me, whereas people talking, playing guitars etc is like a lullaby. The only thing that really annoys me is when people piss in the hedge inches from where i'm sleeping!