Noisy Neighbours

Guest Stardust-32

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I a bit torn on this one - I can't sleep with lots going on and personally I'd rather the whole festival feel silent for a good six or seven hours afetr my head touches the pillow. :D Joking aside, it's the life, the vibrancy and the 24 hour party that make Glasto what it is though.

I guess the answer is to camp somewhere quiet - can anyone suggest the best places?

I'm also going with a first time festival goer this year who's yet to be introduced to the er, delights of festival toilets etc.

as has been said you just have to accept it and deal with it. i love sleep and am a moody bastard in real life when i dont get any. also i feel very concious about what ive been up to because of the neighbours seeing me drag myslef in or just the fact that i have to deal with work after little or no sleep. at glasto you expect that and everyone is in the same boat. its the one time where sitting around chatting and drifting in and out of conciousness is enough to see you through the weekend. the 5 fdays of the year when i can forget myself and the stresses of the real world. and god i love it

:D that would've been ok!

they had their own tent circle, but opted to come into our tent circle and use my rain shelter for v.early morning BBQ! i wouldn't mind, but it became hard to breath inside my tent, the wind was blowing all the burning lighter fluid into my tent. it also got really hot in my tent from the bbq!

I quite enjoy going to sleep with the festival 'choir' playing out :blink: saying that drink is the best way to sleep, pass out no worries. Don't go to a festival if you expect your 8 hours kip, I've done 3 nights and 4 days without sleep whilst drinking. Was a bit trippy near the end and proper shakey! haha

Try camping in Lower Mead near the cinema field. You can hear the films really loudly but its weirdly soothing in a bizarre way and helped me sleep. The only problem is getting woken up by a (usually) crap indie band from John Peel every morning!