Tartan Heart 2008

Guest Paul ™

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In two minds. Glad Idlewild are the alternative to SFG, but maybe they'd have been better in a tea-time slot on the Garden Stage. Still, hugely unimpressed so far. The more I think about it, the more awesome last years line up seems. James! And a load of acts that seemed cool at the time, but as they gained mainstream popularity they seemed silly and gash. I'm sure we could all name a few.

Never mind wanting to see Idlewild. How about people who just don't want to be anywhere near SFG. If I'm honest, I'm not even fussed about Idlewild. Just compared to the rest of the lineup....

Anyway, anybody else think they are struggling to book bands this year? What happened to the traditional 30 or so act announcement. Hope the whole thing doesn't come in dribs and drabs.

In two minds. Glad Idlewild are the alternative to SFG, but maybe they'd have been better in a tea-time slot on the Garden Stage. Still, hugely unimpressed so far. The more I think about it, the more awesome last years line up seems. James! And a load of acts that seemed cool at the time, but as they gained mainstream popularity they seemed silly and gash. I'm sure we could all name a few.

pretty underwhelmed by that second headliner too, even thought we knew who it was gonna be, was hoping it wasn't- since we usually leave saterday after the headliner we'll probably do the same as we did when Embrace headlined and leave slightly early.

The tent for Idlewild will be busy and we'll be there I think on Friday, But i like the atmosphere outdoors at The Garden Stage in the evening so will miss that.

Rachel Unthank is pretty good too, will probably go see her.

But nothing I would say "can't wait " to :)

very sad, this is usually the highlight to the end of the summer holidays for us.

Never mind wanting to see Idlewild. How about people who just don't want to be anywhere near SFG. If I'm honest, I'm not even fussed about Idlewild. Just compared to the rest of the lineup....

Anyway, anybody else think they are struggling to book bands this year? What happened to the traditional 30 or so act announcement. Hope the whole thing doesn't come in dribs and drabs.

Daughter wants to know, and for the record the line up is looking fine to us, probs catch a wee bit of both Friday headliners, but the Saturday main ones will be given a miss for some other small band or to set of huge chinese sky lanterns in the campsite.

Edit: is there one?

Good golly, I am beginning to wonder why any of you go to festivals! For goodness sake there has not been that many acts announced and once again it is all doom and gloom. I'm sorry to be so harsh but I think the small festivals need our support if we want them to continue, otherwise all we will be left with is Tedious in the Park and it's younger sibling Con-ned, but then again maybe that's what you want!

May be of interest to someone: According to yesterday's "Scotland on Sunday" Roddy Frame is going to be on guitar duty for Edwyn.

Now, who mentioned Justin Currie? I presume the grumpy ol' genius will be doing his solo stuff and no Uncle Devil Show or ( :blink: whisper it in case he hears!) Del Amitri? Anyone know?

P.S.: Bint - I think you've got a good point. Had a conversation the other night about P in the Dark and that Hydro Board Connect thing (my mum used to work for them and the uniforms were far from "Boutique" :) (but I digress)), and how they may crush the smaller festie. But on the other hand, I'm lucky in that I can book my hols without any hassle and festivals are what we spend the holiday budget on which not everyone can do (need to give lots of notice, need or want a family holiday that doesn't involve Portaloos ;) ), so we can take our chances with possibly lower expectations. I say get yourself to all the small festies but I understand if you can't/don't want to (which is of absolutely no help to anyone! ;) )

S

x

P.P.S. When I were a lass up North, Scottish Hydro, main sponsers of that festival were called the Hydro Board (apologies to the non-Stanna Stairlift population :D )

Edited by smack

'Hydro Bored with Connect' would be a more appropriate name! Their line up last year was cracking but not so in 2008, I know where I would rather spend my money - £140 for Connect, no thanks I have pretty much bought both my Bella and Wickerman tickets for that. I know I have made the right choice.

Line up for 2008

Scouting For Girls

The Waterboys

Jefferson Starship

Idlewild

Edwyn Collins

Nouvelle Vague

Salsa Celtica

Rachel Unthank &

The Winterset

The Vatersay Boys

Justin Currie