Tartan Heart 2008

Guest Paul ™

Idlewild <_< delighted now :lol:

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After that poor first announcement this is shaping up good. Jefferson Starship, Idlewild, The Waterboys, Nouvelle Vague, and Edwyn Collins are all excellent additions. Shaping up to be good.

Idlewild should be headlining thou, can't see how not. Maybe The Waterboys are playing either second or at one of the other stages?

I still haven't decided if I'm going yet. I am gonna wait and see who else is announced first. Idlewild are a fantastic addition but if they are not headlining then I might still not go. It will depend on who else they manage to pull out of the hat

What difference does it make if they are headlining or not, surely you go and see what is a fantastic band and see something else as the headliner or go back to your tent and prepare coctails for your fellow campers.

I dinna drink! It IS all about the music for me and I dinna fancy going back to ma tent at 9 o feckin clock wi nowt to do cos there's neybody I want to go and see. I'm ney payin 80squids to sit in a tent all night <_< I can't see how they (the bella peeps) can put SFG on as headliners, but not Idlewild. They are FAR more deserving of that status.

I am really chuffed with Idlewild being announced and I will go and see them. I am sure that I will find something else to do, I did last year when the magic numbers were on. I went and saw the needles (a local aiberdeen band) headlining the seedlings stage and then I jumped aboot outside the 'dukes box' and marvelled at the genius of putting wee mannies and instruments inside a box thingy and making it look like a jukebox :lol:

I am still a bit pissed off at the Bella organisers, so I am biding my time before getting a ticket.

THE Waterboys confirmed as Saturday night headliners.

Idlewild will headline the Hothouse stage on the Friday.

Folk artists Rachel Unthank & the Winterset, who won the Horizon Award at the 2008 BBC Folk Awards, Kathryn Williams and Mojo Folk Album of the Year 07 winner Lisa Knapp have also been added.

ex Del Amitri vocalist Justin Currie is also added.

Edited by johnnykipper