Block 9

t0paz

55 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

1. I think Bicep on IICON has the potential to be a field-closer.

4. This is Genosys. Outdoor behemoth with tremendous sound

artworks-000174572651-1jqzs7-t500x500.jpg.df4f8077c94e78ffd5e140e824db6c4b.jpg

IICON is the biggest venue in the SE Corner (space wise) so he couldn't really play anywhere else.

Hope the sound quality is good!

22 minutes ago, Glasto96 said:

Why is everyone obsessed with Bicep?

Perfect mainstream dance music - accessible but still euphoric. Same kinda vibe you get with Fred Again, Overmono, people like that - genuinely a great time

I wouldn't pay the big bucks to see them at their own show, but at a festival it's ideal, have a boogie with your mates. Plenty of time to fill your boots with abrasive industrial techno elsewhere (and that I will, my friend) 

Edited by JayBoogie

31 minutes ago, Glasto96 said:

Why is everyone obsessed with Bicep?

I think they do what they do very well. Catchy, very well produced, light (mostly) electro beat-based dance music. I would never think to put a Bicep record on, but their West Holts headline set was utterly magnificent - sound, lights, crowd, the lot. 

I have less interest in them as DJs, though it would be really interesting to see how they adapt their custom A/V Chroma show to the IICON stage. 

If Friday is the techno night on Arcadia, and with main stage headliners so incredibly thin for me this year (I've got MASSES on the undercards...), I could easily see myself heading to IICON for the Bicep set if it is straight after headliner time. But that very much depends on dance options elsewhere. 

Ben

22 minutes ago, JayBoogie said:

Perfect mainstream dance music - accessible but still euphoric. Same kinda vibe you get with Fred Again, Overmono, people like that - genuinely a great time

I wouldn't pay the big bucks to see them at their own show, but at a festival it's ideal, have a boogie with your mates. Plenty of time to fill your boots with abrasive industrial techno elsewhere (and that I will, my friend) 

Love bicep. Really cannot for the life of me understand the love for Fred again. The music is bland and uninteresting, the presentation is worse. 

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, gherkin8r said:

Love bicep. Really cannot for the life of me understand the love for Fred again. The music is bland and uninteresting, the presentation is worse. 

Yeah, I tried to get into him ahead of last year because of all the hype and just couldn't connect with any of his work so didn't bother watching him at the fest in the end.

This is the year I brave the queues (or get there early) for NYCD.. haven’t been in since 2019 because of the epic queue size but hopefully schedules will align so I’m not elsewhere when the good stuff is on..  the Francois K day party and CM live shows would be great.  Excited to see the full Genosys stage back and see some good stuff on icon.. might even brave the temple at some point.  So excited now. 

2 hours ago, gherkin8r said:

I went along to Fred again last year as my girlfriend likes him, and to see what all the fuss was about in general. It just left me a bit... Meh 💩

5 hours ago, LeFreak said:

4. Is Genosys then just a big outdoor stage? 

I’ll tell you what Genosys is not… 

it is not a bloody bus 🎉🎉🎉

IMG_1501.jpeg.2b2aad901429e64cf829921c5d91fa74.jpeg

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Traci said:

Afternoon Session

Also new for this year, queer nightlife institution NYC Downlow will hold its first-ever Downlow Day Party on the afternoon of the Saturday edition (June 29). This will be hosted by New York legend François K (Body & Soul).

Fashion icon and activist Katharine Hamnett is also set to join forces with Block9 in a bid to encourage people to vote through her trademark, power-packed slogans and instantly recognisable graphic style.

defo gonna check this out. Francois K will be nice daytime vibes and the downlow might actually feel like a queer party rather than a tourist attraction, no offence to tourists 😂

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2