Point me to the fun stuff

EOTR veteran here, loved last year's lineup after initially being quite lukewarm about the whole bill.

In the end, it was one of our favourite EOTR years, mainly because a bunch of bands turned out to be the perfect acts for the family. The main thing I think they had in common was...they were all kinda fun, in different ways. 

For example...

Personal Trainer

Divorce 

Mary Wallopers

Last Dinner Party

And...yes, I know...Wet Leg. 

I've been spending a lot of time with the playlist, and -- thought there's a lot of stuff to like -- it doesn't feel as fun? I was wrong this time last year, and am prepared to be wrong again. 

So any recommendations? 

Can you point me to the fun stuff?

13 minutes ago, Swindlebiscuit said:

EOTR veteran here, loved last year's lineup after initially being quite lukewarm about the whole bill.

In the end, it was one of our favourite EOTR years, mainly because a bunch of bands turned out to be the perfect acts for the family. The main thing I think they had in common was...they were all kinda fun, in different ways. 

For example...

Personal Trainer

Divorce 

Mary Wallopers

Last Dinner Party

And...yes, I know...Wet Leg. 

I've been spending a lot of time with the playlist, and -- thought there's a lot of stuff to like -- it doesn't feel as fun? I was wrong this time last year, and am prepared to be wrong again. 

So any recommendations? 

Can you point me to the fun stuff?

I know exactly what you mean. Sometimes you just want to walk away from a set with a smile on your face. Certainly had that with Personal Trainer(x2), Divorce and the Wallopers last year. I'm not going this year but CMAT is great craic once you commit to her, Sprints are a real fun band and I very much enjoyed Lemon Twigs the last time I saw them. But hey, half the fun comes from the unexpected, doesn't it? Based on my lone experience last year, I defy anyone to to not have fun at EOTR. Enjoy!

4 hours ago, noisenoiseandmorenoise said:

Lambrini Girls are the obvious one.

OP looking for "the perfect acts for the family" and you point him to... Lambrini Girls?!?

I'd add Master Peace, Hotwax, Mozart Estate, Durry, Wine Lips and Freak Slug as all potentially fitting the bill.

Edited by Brave Sir Robin

3 hours ago, Brave Sir Robin said:

OP looking for "the perfect acts for the family" and you point him to... Lambrini Girls?!?

I'd add Master Peace, Hotwax, Mozart Estate, Durry, Wine Lips and Freak Slug as all potentially fitting the bill.

Hah fair point. Though depending on the age group/gender they are either model feminist role models or proof not to f**k with women. Important life lessons.

Edited by noisenoiseandmorenoise