Glastonbury Solo 2024

DJL

Couldn’t see a thread for this year… anyone else going solo? 

Will be my first doing so (volunteering) and very excited to be doing so, with complete freedom to wander.

My only concern is the fact that a significant proportion of my time at Glastonbury my communication skills are generally somewhat… impaired 😂

Sort of...if I get a resale ticket I'll be going solo.

If I end up keeping my volunteering slot I'll be kind of solo. I met some other volunteers on the bar I was on in 2022 and have kind of attached myself to them so I have someone to camp 'with', but we're all very independent and do our own thing as we don't properly know each other. Glasto is so great for those weird, transient friendships!

As for impaired communication, that's when all the best new friendships are struck up 😁

There’s a couple of meet-ups … a volunteer one organised by @dondo on the Monday and an Efests meet at the ridge and furrow bar on the wed eve everyone welcome . Thread to be started in due course . Come along . All welcome and different states of inebriation par for the course 

Edited by Crazyfool01
  • Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, Talcroft said:

Sort of...if I get a resale ticket I'll be going solo.

If I end up keeping my volunteering slot I'll be kind of solo. I met some other volunteers on the bar I was on in 2022 and have kind of attached myself to them so I have someone to camp 'with', but we're all very independent and do our own thing as we don't properly know each other. Glasto is so great for those weird, transient friendships!

As for impaired communication, that's when all the best new friendships are struck up 😁

It is. Even better when they turn into proper real life friendships. Or, as is the case in my group, a couple who've now been living together for a few years

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Crazyfool01 said:

There’s a couple of meet-ups … a volunteer one organised by @dondo on the Monday and an Efests meet at the ridge and furrow bar on the wed eve everyone welcome . Thread to be started in due course . Come along . All welcome and different states of inebriation par for the course 

I definitely plan on being at the Efests meet (shifts permitting). Would have loved to have gone to the Monday one but don’t think I’ll be on site till Tuesday.

I've been solo in the past and had a great time. That said I could have done with someone to chat to in the mornings (going to bed/getting up)

Have also been solo as a volunteer which really resolved this issue for sure. Was overall a great experience.

I know @broken monkeyhas been solo and camped with people who are all solo attendees. He might have some details about that for anyone interested 

4 hours ago, DJL said:

Will be my first doing so (volunteering) and very excited to be doing so, with complete freedom to wander.

My only concern is the fact that a significant proportion of my time at Glastonbury my communication skills are generally somewhat… impaired 😂

I've done it before, and I think you'll be fine. Where are you volunteering?

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Scrump said:

I've been solo in the past and had a great time. That said I could have done with someone to chat to in the mornings (going to bed/getting up)

Have also been solo as a volunteer which really resolved this issue for sure. Was overall a great experience.

I know @broken monkeyhas been solo and camped with people who are all solo attendees. He might have some details about that for anyone interested 

The group I found are via Facebook and are a lovely bunch. Apparently were banned from being mentioned on here so I don’t want to break any rules by linking. Camped in Oxlyers which was a new experience for me. 

Happy to share any info or answer questions. 

Also back up with @Scrumpthat the Wednesday meetup was great fun and well worth attending finally. 

1 hour ago, broken monkey said:

The group I found are via Facebook and are a lovely bunch. Apparently were banned from being mentioned on here so I don’t want to break any rules by linking. Camped in Oxlyers which was a new experience for me. 

Happy to share any info or answer questions. 

Also back up with @Scrumpthat the Wednesday meetup was great fun and well worth attending finally. 

sounds Good

17 hours ago, CharlotteB said:

I've done it before, and I think you'll be fine. Where are you volunteering?

Thanks, I’m sure I will - keen to be a bit more proactive beforehand and at the festival 😊.

I’ll be volunteering behind the bar with Avalon, should be fun.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, DJL said:

Thanks, I’m sure I will - keen to be a bit more proactive beforehand and at the festival 😊.

I’ve already told my wife that when she’s had enough and wants to hang up her festival wellies, I’ll do volunteer bar work. 

Used to work in a bar years ago, always such fun. 

• Upvote 1

22 hours ago, DJL said:

21 hours ago, Crazyfool01 said:

There’s a couple of meet-ups … a volunteer one organised by @dondo on the Monday and an Efests meet at the ridge and furrow bar on the wed eve everyone welcome . Thread to be started inf due course . Come along . All welcome and different states of inebriation par for the course 

Yes as @Crazyfool01 says I normally organise a volunteer/crew meet up on the Monday night.  But if you are with Avalon i don't think you'll be on site until the Tuesday. 

I've done Glastonbury solo as such that I go on my own for a good many years but have got friends that go (including people I know off here) that I meet up with at various points during the festival.

3 hours ago, DJL said:

Ah nice one. Will probably see you there then 😁🍻

On 3/31/2024 at 1:55 PM, DJL said:

Yeah, I am! First timer too. Friend had to bail

• Upvote 1

If you are volunteering you will meet people regardless. You'll be working with others and fellow volunteers will chat.

It's different from going solo as a punter, which is also okay, but harder to make contact.

15 minutes ago, craigManc said:

im also heading in solo this year. looking forward to being free to experiance the festival in my own way, but it would be nice to find a group of solo/just nice people to camp around.

There is currently a camping one … so feel free to organise one on here 

21 hours ago, craigManc said:

im also heading in solo this year. looking forward to being free to experiance the festival in my own way, but it would be nice to find a group of solo/just nice people to camp around.

I'm looking to camp right side of Pyramid this time. I usually go to other stage oxylers but fancy a chance

3 hours ago, northernangel said:

I'm looking to camp right side of Pyramid this time. I usually go to other stage oxylers but fancy a chance

i was aiming for left side of thr pyramid. but could be swayed to the right.