NO FRED AGAIN

shuttlep

26 minutes ago, Acid Loafers said:

Love the thought of a bunch of the Fred Again crowd getting up for Four Tet's Morning Side hoping Fred might secretly show up 😂

I really wanted to get to Morning Side last year, never made it 😂

14 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Didn't that happen last year?

Dunno, never made it lol

I just wanted to hear Morning Side wasn’t bothered if Fred turned up or not. As it happens I was too lazy by then 😂

16 hours ago, gfa said:

There's no way Levels would be safe - it was completely rammed for much small names this year!

Nobody would suggest to put a Reading/Leeds band headliner on say Park - but because he's a dj people think these kind of sets on Levels etc would be ok

It needs to be something can be closed off, or super late at night and lowkey

Temple was a crush scenario last year, I was right up in it and it was really quite scary. They need to make sure its not leaked to everyone again - his second set wasn't and seemed to go alright in Platform 23 i think it was

I think it is just that Levels is easy to fence off and control because it is enclosed.  I was there for Fatboy Slim and Nia Archives last year and they had really good crowd control.  I appreciate that he is much bigger than those acts though I was thinking unannounced.

But you are right they shouldn't put someone of Fred's draw in venue where it could lead to a crush.

Edited by glimmers_of_hope

34 minutes ago, glimmers_of_hope said:

I think it is just that Levels is easy to fence off and control because it is enclosed.  I was there for Fatboy Slim and Nia Archives last year and they had really good crowd control.  I appreciate that he is much bigger than those acts though I was thinking unannounced.

But you are right they shouldn't put someone of Fred's draw in venue where it could lead to a crush.

Its hardly enclosed - people would easily topple the barriers etc

The Temple is actually enclosed properly and seriously struggled

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, gfa said:

Its hardly enclosed - people would easily topple the barriers etc

The Temple is actually enclosed properly and seriously struggled

The other thing with Levels is that there's very little to stop crowds congregating outside and watching from there which brings with it, its own problems.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, sisco said:

Didn’t you say in the last week or 2 that he’s headlining a stage? 

That's what the connection texted me. So it's entirely possible it's all wrong. I'm very surprised though as he is high up/ close to Fred Again. 

My gut is he is very likely playing somewhere but either a surprise set of DJing. 

Edited by danbailey80

8 hours ago, Franky said:

Lucky bastard

I mean obviously planned to go to coachella and actually had predicted they might show up but had no idea it would actually happen or in the scenario that played out. Then was at warehouse project for skrillex 😂

On 3/19/2024 at 4:56 PM, gfa said:

There's no way Levels would be safe - it was completely rammed for much small names this year!

Nobody would suggest to put a Reading/Leeds band headliner on say Park - but because he's a dj people think these kind of sets on Levels etc would be ok

It needs to be something can be closed off, or super late at night and lowkey

Temple was a crush scenario last year, I was right up in it and it was really quite scary. They need to make sure its not leaked to everyone again - his second set wasn't and seemed to go alright in Platform 23 i think it was

WHAT P23 NO WAY 😂

7 hours ago, DareToDibble said:

This was my thought too.

Or maybe he'll play under a pseudonym to make sure he's still technically a R+L exclusive.

Of course, another way around it would be to classify his live show as the exclusive, leaving him free to DJ elsewhere, but it would need to be genuinely kept under wraps. Any pseudonyms on the lineup that give it away would create complete chaos as there's probably not a smaller stage large enough to handle the inevitable crowd, particularly at peak times (11pm - 3am). So either keep it a total secret or put him on the Temple at 5am on Monday morning. Anything else would be too difficult to manage.