Emily Eavis talk in Oxford

gooner1990

6 minutes ago, gigpusher said:

Are we going to comment on how empty the talk looks considering what a cool opportunity it is. These Oxford students don't know they're born!!

I was quite surprised at how empty it was when I arrived. I suppose post-lunch during the working day didn't allow for people to just nip out of work/lectures. Reckon if it had been at 5 or 6pm the turnout would have been bigger. The only reason I was able to be there was because I was with a prospect for work until she had to leave at the interval, at which point I immediately logged on to efests! 😂

Just now, gooner1990 said:

I also have to note she said 'headliners' she didn't specify 'Pyramid headliners'

The host tried desperately to get her to give her a name but EE flat out refused.

Surely Pyramid or nothing, unless she's doing the Lizzo trick and suggesting a Pyramid sub is a headliner. 

Just now, Harmonic Prospector said:

And she also said she'd be in trouble for what she did give away! 

How can she be in trouble? She runs the bloody joint. 

That's like a sweet shop owner fearing a supplier revolt because they've hinted they have two types of cola bottles. 

33 minutes ago, FloopFiller said:

Stevie Nicks just isn’t headliner level. Her set would be a quarter tunes people know and then a whole load of sh*t nobody knows.

Think Madonna is well and truly dead in the water unfortunately - there’s been no word on her for a while and by all accounts they’ve been scrambling to fill the void she left. Destined to be side by side with Prince as one of the greats who slipped through the cracks. 

Or the lack of solid info on Madonna's replacement means there never has been a replacement....

2 minutes ago, NorthernSoul52 said:

How can she be in trouble? She runs the bloody joint. 

That's like a sweet shop owner fearing a supplier revolt because they've hinted they have two types of cola bottles. 

In trouble with her husband was the full quote! She said he told her not to give too much away. 

Edited by Harmonic Prospector

6 minutes ago, Harmonic Prospector said:

I was quite surprised at how empty it was when I arrived. I suppose post-lunch during the working day didn't allow for people to just nip out of work/lectures. Reckon if it had been at 5 or 6pm the turnout would have been bigger. The only reason I was able to be there was because I was with a prospect for work until she had to leave at the interval, at which point I immediately logged on to efests! 😂

I got there 15 mins before it started and managed to get 2nd front row centre spot......I agree in the middle of the day meant turnout was low. but good for me as I got prime spot. 🙂 

4 minutes ago, MichaelsBeard said:

Or the lack of solid info on Madonna's replacement means there never has been a replacement....

Well we had Stevie info until we didn’t.. and now SZA. Nothing would make me happier than Madonna being on that poster, but unfortunately it just seems to have fallen apart and left the festival in a bit of a shitter hence SZA being somewhat of a ‘weak’ headliner, especially in a year of Dua already being a bump up.

4 minutes ago, Harmonic Prospector said:

In trouble with her husband was the full quote! She said he told her not to give too much away. 

Isn't he a manager of some acts? Might have done her a favour and got someone in? Work out who he’s connected to!

1 minute ago, Monty Pythagoras said:

Isn't he a manager of some acts? Might have done her a favour and got someone in? Work out who he’s connected to!

Chems isn’t / wasn’t he ? But he’ll do that anyway this year will be no different 

5 minutes ago, gooner1990 said:

I got there 15 mins before it started and managed to get 2nd front row centre spot......I agree in the middle of the day meant turnout was low. but good for me as I got prime spot. 🙂 

See when she mentioned the 2 female headliners. Did she allude to the fact she'd already mentioned that was their plan back on the podcast a few months ago? 

1 minute ago, NorthernSoul52 said:

Dua Lipa / Coldplay / SZA isn't an all-timer on paper, let's say. 

Think at the end of the day there’ll be a lot of people who are really happy with it.

and a few people like myself who see it as a good opportunity to see headliners elsewhere and get to other areas a bit earlier.

2 minutes ago, FloopFiller said:

Well we had Stevie info until we didn’t.. and now SZA. Nothing would make me happier than Madonna being on that poster, but unfortunately it just seems to have fallen apart and left the festival in a bit of a shitter hence SZA being somewhat of a ‘weak’ headliner, especially in a year of Dua already being a bump up.

For the life of me I can’t see it being the proposed 3… could well be wrong and probably are. Is there a final BST show to be added or is that it now? If so, is SZA also a BST replacement for Madonna / Stevie?