UK Politics

kalifire

Just now, steviewevie said:

Massive swing to Labour in Blackpool South, but also a low turnout of only 32%. Most people can't be arsed with it.

Usually you'd expect Tories to do better when it's a lower turnout nah? Anyone who votes for them at this point is a pensioner who have nothing better to do on a Thursday in May

1 hour ago, fraybentos1 said:

that's good of him. What a hero! Give him my best 

At least he's reducing his frying and not celebrating ,(as you did with a post)

how easy it's been made for flyers to f**k up the planet.

If Farage does come back to Reform and they gain a few extra points then the Tories are in even bigger trouble than they already are. You'd think surely they can't do worse than 1997 but honestly who knows? What could possible turn this tide when they are max 6 months out from an election.

1 minute ago, Neil said:

At least he's reducing his frying and not celebrating ,(as you did with a post)

how easy it's been made for flyers to f**k up the planet.

aviation accounts for 2.5 % of global emissions. 

flying to porto on monday 🙂 looking forward to it. Your son is walking to Japan I assume? 🤣

1 minute ago, fraybentos1 said:

If Farage does come back to Reform and they gain a few extra points then the Tories are in even bigger trouble than they already are. You'd think surely they can't do worse than 1997 but honestly who knows? What could possible turn this tide when they are max 6 months out from an election.

Currently the kipper types don't seem to know that reform are the kippers that'll change with Nigel's face in our faces.

2 minutes ago, fraybentos1 said:

aviation accounts for 2.5 % of global emissions. 

flying to porto on monday 🙂 looking forward to it. Your son is walking to Japan I assume? 🤣

The farts of vegans accounts for a greater amount of emissions than flying.

14 minutes ago, Neil said:

The farts of vegans accounts for a greater amount of emissions than flying.

The farts of cows is worse 

And with flying, let's hope that just the rich can afford to fly, because the carbon use per person per flight is not good.

39 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

If Reform stand aside like Brexit party did the election outcome could be very different.

Can't see that happening. Potentially if Sunak goes and someone from the right takes over but I think thats unlikely.

16 minutes ago, lost said:

Can't see that happening. Potentially if Sunak goes and someone from the right takes over but I think thats unlikely.

They might be attracted by a deal around immigration, leaving the EHCR and slowing progress to net zero. Without a deal they could still help certain MPs so they can influence the next Tory leader.

1 minute ago, steviewevie said:

Think my sign analysis holding up very well...Labour losing muslim vote, Tory losing usual votes everywhere, turnout low (although yet to get actual Manc council and mayoral election results).

Labour are briefing they've lost the West Midlands Mayor because of a drop in muslim votes

6 minutes ago, lazyred said:

Labour are briefing they've lost the West Midlands Mayor because of a drop in muslim votes

yes, there was an independent bloke who campaigned on the Gaza issue. It's a problem for Labour...Starmer f**ked up although I do have some sympathy over this but then I would...and I think the damage is done now.

29 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

big swing to Labour though

Yeah easily enough to win the areas' seats at the general election. People have forgotten what an achievement it would be to get the 13% swing for a small majority in the next election. A 17% swing is massive.

1 minute ago, steviewevie said:

yes, there was an independent bloke who campaigned on the Gaza issue. It's a problem for Labour...Starmer f**ked up although I do have some sympathy over this but then I would...and I think the damage is done now.

That off the cuff remark early on about witholding water and aid hasn't been forgotten