UK Politics

kalifire

40 minutes ago, Neil said:

Not my kid who has just Landed himself a stupidly big wage for his second job.

A wage that's better than most people  get from a whole lifetime of work.

not sure he knows how lucky he is.

He's Living rent free with his auntie so also saving loads.

nothing says 'i earn loads of cash' like living with your auntie 😆

39 minutes ago, fraybentos1 said:

Here's only strted the loads of money job this week and Free board and lodging in that there London where money often isnt enough to be able to rent a decent place allows him to save loads without the hassle and cost of running his own gaff. If impressing people is his thing there's plenty he can reel off for what he's done, where his connections go, etc, etc,. I'm really chuffed that he's well  established as an adult and should be okay for the rest of his life and I'll pat myself on the back for a job well done. Mostly his mum but he doesn't get his maths brain from his  professor mother who failed her maths GCSE three times.

Edited by Neil

I've just found out that I've got a 24 hour McDonald's just down the road from my new gaff quite fancy popping out for one 🙂

Probably not a great Idea. I guess it would take about 15 mins each way on this slow rental power chair. My normal scooter is much faster but too much hassle to use and then charge.

Was crossing a road earlier withat a crossing with lights and was halfway across when the lights changed and one of the idiots decided to go at full pelt and just missed me. Unusual that was, I normally notice that  drivers give me a lot of space cos no one wants to be the guy who crashes into a mobility scooter.

58 minutes ago, fraybentos1 said:

His auntie who is mates with bjork, chemical brothers, underworld,

Hugh grant, Liz Hurley, seal and more.

Aunties probably don't come any cooler.

Uncle is also cool, the son of a famous actor with his own technical career in film with a flat in la (that my kid just used). also has a song written about him by a famous band; 

Hardly the most boring aunty and uncle.

There's always money for war £3bn a year for Ukraine.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/article/2024/may/02/david-cameron-commits-3bn-a-year-in-aid-to-ukraine-for-as-long-as-necessary?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Other

I wonder how that's accounted for. Explosive Weapons have a limited shelf life and then have to be replaced, if they were given to Ukraine to use rather than be destroyed here then there's no cost to that supply of weapons.

as expected Tories are having a mare, Labour, Lib Dems, Greens and independents making gains. Big win for Labour in Blackpool South, but also Reform did well there which will worry Tories.  Labour have lost Oldham which is a bit of a shock, and probably related to Gaza. 

labour won my home council of Rushmoor which is Aldershot and Farnborough. as solid tory as it gets  (tory MP since 1914) so that's a big surprise. never thought i'd see that -  thought there was more chance of a it getting a libdem

MP.

Edited by Neil

48 minutes ago, Neil said:

labour won my home council of Rushmoor which is Aldershot and Farnborough. as solid tory as it gets  (tory MP since 1914) so that's a big surprise. never thought i'd see that -  thought there was more chance of a it getting a libdem

MP.

That's a real big change not even Blair had labour winning councils like that. The times they are a changin'.

53 minutes ago, Ryan1984 said:

Labour won Rushmoor (my area) for the first time ever.

Never asked you where you are? north camp used to be my manor. and the tumbledown  for beer. I was brought up in Hawley; born in aldershot (at the Cambridge).

8 hours ago, Neil said:

Uncle is also cool, the son of a famous actor with his own technical career in film with a flat in la (that my kid just used). also has a song written about him by a famous band; 

Good to hear he’s still racking up the air miles! 

8 minutes ago, stuie said:

Good to hear he’s still racking up the air miles! 

Yup Japan will probably be next cos he was about to go there when COVID hit. hes cancelled his summer holiday plans already to fly a bit less

4 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

Greens doing well, have to see if that transfers to the general election.

No sort of surge.

2 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

Sunak will be hoping for wins for Houchen and Street for something to hold onto...but sounds like there's not going to be a move to kick him out anyway.

Kicking him out won't revive tory support.just seen raynor do the warm up routine for starmer.

9 hours ago, Neil said:

weird thing to make up at midnight. Some imagination on you Neil ill give you that!