UK Politics

kalifire

2 hours ago, Neil said:

greens in Bristol promise more housing if they win the council elections and then oppose the housing that the council wants to build.

i guess that's because their housing promise only counts if they win the election, and not because they believe in the need for more housing.

Seems that's what they were accused of, but it's not that clear cut if you look at the details... 

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/news/bristol-news/fact-checked-radio-4s-bristol-9222454

1 hour ago, clarkete said:

Seems that's what they were accused of, but it's not that clear cut if you look at the details... 

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/news/bristol-news/fact-checked-radio-4s-bristol-9222454

Oh come on, look at the details when there is Green bashing to be done!

Some think that green objections to Solar FARMS mean they object to Solar PANELS.

Same with housing, they think that cos they object to 4/5 bed luxury homes and say we should instead build social housing including smaller properties means they are against house building.

Maybe  a green councillor stood on his foot one time otherwise I fail to understand the levels of anger shown by a supposed left of centre voter against the Green Party in whatever form.

I would say I look forward to their reply to this but as I have them on ignore now so see only things others quote my world is nice and peaceful and empty of right wing ideology and anger.

59 minutes ago, Nobody Interesting said:

Oh come on, look at the details when there is Green bashing to be done!

Some think that green objections to Solar FARMS mean they object to Solar PANELS.

Same with housing, they think that cos they object to 4/5 bed luxury homes and say we should instead build social housing including smaller properties means they are against house building.

Maybe  a green councillor stood on his foot one time otherwise I fail to understand the levels of anger shown by a supposed left of centre voter against the Green Party in whatever form.

I would say I look forward to their reply to this but as I have them on ignore now so see only things others quote my world is nice and peaceful and empty of right wing ideology and anger.

test...am I one of them?

26 minutes ago, Justiceforcedave said:

I still think the deal should have been if you voted to leave, you don’t get free movement, if you voted to stay…hurray free movement!

I actually know someone who voted for Brexit and is now upset they don’t meet the pension income threshold to retire in Tenerife, as they planned to all along! The mind boggles. 

44 minutes ago, stuie said:

I actually know someone who voted for Brexit and is now upset they don’t meet the pension income threshold to retire in Tenerife, as they planned to all along! The mind boggles. 

I knew someone who planned to buy a property in Greece and retire there. I tried to tell them what would happen if we left the EU but all I got was 'Project Fear' shouted in my face.

They might have retired by now, but certainly not to Greece.

7 minutes ago, Nobody Interesting said:

I knew someone who planned to buy a property in Greece and retire there. I tried to tell them what would happen if we left the EU but all I got was 'Project Fear' shouted in my face.

They might have retired by now, but certainly not to Greece.

To be fair, Daily Mail and The Sun probably didn’t explain these consequences at the time! 😂

7 hours ago, Nobody Interesting said:

they do object to the uk govt and Scottish govt net zero plans

19 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

Now charged with embezzling SNP funds. RIP

isn't it funny that its taken ten  years for scots to wake up to Scottish indie being a fraud, any half brain should have known that if they'd understood the white paper before the indyref.

3 hours ago, cellar said:

He wanted to know if he was one of the people you had on ignore.

Ignore doesn't stop you seeing posts if you read a topic where they've posted.