UK Politics

kalifire

38 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

much more socially conservative than Corbyn...couldn't see Corbyn advocating for a referendum on net zero, or stricter immigration policies or anti woke stuff.

corbyn stricter immigration, via brexit.

7 hours ago, kaosmark2 said:

Corbyn's half-arsed remain advocacy was worse than if he'd come out for Brexit.

it was very half arsed almost seemed like he was saying \its ok to vote leave".

1 hour ago, steviewevie said:

wonder if thats the same "anti-vax sect" that marialla spring investigated on bbc sounds (forget what the podcast was called now

39 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

and Labour will do the same to the Tories in a similar position as all UK politics seems far more about the ability for a party to score points of ruin another parties chances rather than for the good of the country and the people.

I have said it before and will say it again - all the time we flip flop between Labour and the Tories it will stay like this and likely get worse.

Surely the UK deserves something different that might be better or do we just hope that repeating past history has a different outcome and it not actually a sign of madness?

14 minutes ago, Nobody Interesting said:

and Labour will do the same to the Tories in a similar position as all UK politics seems far more about the ability for a party to score points of ruin another parties chances rather than for the good of the country and the people.

I have said it before and will say it again - all the time we flip flop between Labour and the Tories it will stay like this and likely get worse.

Surely the UK deserves something different that might be better or do we just hope that repeating past history has a different outcome and it not actually a sign of madness?

You say labour will do the same without really anything to back that up...just that you want change from what we have...but politics is politics, and as long as humans are in charge you're always going to get this sort of thing..even if they have a nice green logo behind them.

Also, lots of people do want change, but not the change that you might like...hence Brexit, Corbyn, Reform and Galloway.

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

You say labour will do the same without really anything to back that up...just that you want change from what we have...but politics is politics, and as long as humans are in charge you're always going to get this sort of thing..even if they have a nice green logo behind them.

Also, lots of people do want change, but not the change that you might like...hence Brexit, Corbyn, Reform and Galloway.

The country was in a much better state than it is now after the last Labour government and that’s even taking into account the Crash. It’s the Tories that ruin this country again and again.

44 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

The country was in a much better state than it is now after the last Labour government and that’s even taking into account the Crash. It’s the Tories that ruin this country again and again.

Shades of shite.

3 hours ago, Nobody Interesting said:

As you want policies for the good of the country why do you often show sympathy for the SNP?

3 hours ago, steviewevie said:

So you don't think Lavbour will say and do things that benefit their chances of re-election whilst causing the Tories problems if they were to be electred?

Seems you forget the lessons of history which is what backs up my statement. History shows all parties do it to taint others of gain power and always have.

17 minutes ago, Neil said:

As you want policies for the good of the country why do you often show sympathy for the SNP?

I am supposed to ignore you but as you ask I shall merely say that I have rarely, if ever, even mentioned the SNP on here so not sure where you have got that idea from.

When I have mentioned them I include them in a group of parties I might like to help form a coalition, nothing more, nothing less.

Why do you have such hatred for tjhem and most things north of the border?

1 hour ago, Nobody Interesting said:

So you don't think Lavbour will say and do things that benefit their chances of re-election whilst causing the Tories problems if they were to be electred?

Seems you forget the lessons of history which is what backs up my statement. History shows all parties do it to taint others of gain power and always have.

ok, so...when? There aren't that many times when Labour have been in power for a start.

Because at moment seems like Hunt wants to actually inflict pain on the country and labour.

1 hour ago, steviewevie said:

ok, so...when? There aren't that many times when Labour have been in power for a start.

Because at moment seems like Hunt wants to actually inflict pain on the country and labour.

I shall simply refer you to pretty much every election in my adult history - s0 1979 onwards.

Maybe not quite as spiteful and nasty as what Hunt might do next week but nonetheless things are always do to deliberatly try and scupper the other main parties plans. It is how it has always been. The only time it was a bit different was 2015 when the Tories and to hurt the LibDems and Labour