UK Politics

kalifire

2 hours ago, lost said:

Everyone getting ready for world war 3, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, France and now the UK:

Or are they trying to throw red meat at older voters to pit them against younger voters for pure electoral purposes. I think the idea that the youth of today is lazy (in relation to other generations) is complete bollocks.

I also suspect the army , police force, fire service wont welcome babysitting a load of teenagers when already rushed off their feet.

6 minutes ago, pink_triangle said:

Or are they trying to throw red meat at older voters to pit them against younger voters for pure electoral purposes. I think the idea that the youth of today is lazy (in relation to other generations) is complete bollocks.

I also suspect the army , police force, fire service wont welcome babysitting a load of teenagers when already rushed off their feet.

Plus those Scandinavian countries have national service, but they also have decent welfare, free education etc, so maybe we could have that too. And France's scheme is optional.

22 minutes ago, pink_triangle said:

Or are they trying to throw red meat at older voters to pit them against younger voters for pure electoral purposes.

Just seems a bit of a coincence everyones doing it at once. Putins got his land bridge now to Crimea in fact I believe he offered peace terms based on where the lines are at this point. Its probably going to take more than just the Ukranian army IF the west wants him out of Ukraine. It also appears to be escalating (US giving Ukraine permission to hit targets inside Russia with their weapons)

Edited by lost

4 minutes ago, lost said:

Just seems a bit of a coincence everyones doing it at once. Putins got his land bridge now to Crimea in fact I believe he offered peace terms based on where the lines are at this point. Its probably going to take more than just the Ukranian army IF the west wants him out of Ukraine. It also appears to be escalating (US giving Ukraine permission to hit targets inside Russia with their weapons)

No doubt we are closer to war than we have been for a while, it's why military spending across Europe is increasing. Plus, if Trump gets in Europe can no longer rely on US to come to their rescue.

But I don't think we are looking at conscription or stuff like that...or dad's army or kids army or whatever...this policy is just a gimmick that hasn't been thought through to win over a section of the electorate. Problem for Tories they will probably just lose more votes elsewhere.

1 hour ago, steviewevie said:

its one thing there being an arrest warrant its another finding a country where the arrest of bibi might take place.

32 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

tory election "expert"?"!"!?" says something to keep the people who are paying him happy. 😛 

11 minutes ago, Neil said:

tory election "expert"?"!"!?" says something to keep the people who are paying him happy. 😛 

Well yeah, but with all these polls over the last year or so there's been some Tory support going to other parties, but a whole bunch going to don't know/undecided...and that is who they desperately want to try and win over.