The Chainsmokers

MrSnrub

7 hours ago, northernangel said:

Eric Prydz I disagree with, he isn't the seller the others are and if we're talking stadiums acts then Calvin possibly but and SHM are the only one's.

The Chainsmokers are not beyond that spot. Remember that Glastonbury isn't directly catered to that music whereas if you are going to say Creamfields you are going solely for that.

Armin has never sold his Wembley Area dates put massively quick when he's done them and the first outdoor festival for ASOT he put on this year was not hard to grab a ticket for at something like 20k.

I think you underestimate Prydz but in fairness I was just throwing out a few Ultra, EDC, Creamfields alumni to broadly make a point. There are a fair few big EDM acts that could easily headline a stage the size of the Other (they do it all the time, globally). I'm just not sure they fit the profile or budget of that stage. That said, we've had Major Lazer and Skrillex in that slot over the past decade, so who knows? 

1 hour ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

I think you underestimate Prydz but in fairness I was just throwing out a few Ultra, EDC, Creamfields alumni to broadly make a point. There are a fair few big EDM acts that could easily headline a stage the size of the Other (they do it all the time, globally). I'm just not sure they fit the profile or budget of that stage. That said, we've had Major Lazer and Skrillex in that slot over the past decade, so who knows? 

I don't think I do, Skrillex and Major Lazer are much more mainstream. I might be over estimating it when Eric Prydz headlines the main stage instead of the Steel Yard. Even at Parklife in 2022 he wasn't a main stage headliner, possibly 3rd stage. I like my electronic music too so I'm not playing it down.

Last year he did a gig at Brighton Beach, but so did Carl Cox and he's not getting Other stage headliner. Adam Beyer for example often co-headlines with Eric a lot which usually get them their high place but on their own a little less. The Steelyard which is big but an indoor space is not the Outdoor Other stage. 

Speaking as a Chainsmokers fan, I saw them at Ally Pally and I think they did a couple nights at Brixton which were slow to sell out. Totally different beast at festivals perhaps but selling themselves as a pop group to headline the Other I'd be very skeptical. I don't like the EDM side of things but even when I saw them at their own show it was very EDM rather than the pop side.

37 minutes ago, Riggins said:

Speaking as a Chainsmokers fan, I saw them at Ally Pally and I think they did a couple nights at Brixton which were slow to sell out. Totally different beast at festivals perhaps but selling themselves as a pop group to headline the Other I'd be very skeptical. I don't like the EDM side of things but even when I saw them at their own show it was very EDM rather than the pop side.

Sorry to be ignorant but you're a Chainsmokers fan but you don't like the EDM? 

How does that work? 

On 1/14/2024 at 3:15 PM, MrSnrub said:

You think The Chainsmokers could take the slot rudimental had last year?

I can't see them working on West Holts at all.  And they probably wouldn't accept it if they were offered it either. 

In terms of his big they are in the U.K. these days, Woodsies headliner is probably about where they’d place at Glastonbury, but considering the size of the gigs they get elsewhere, I highly doubt they’d accept it.

Anyway, the guy saying they’re booked is clearly taking the piss so this is all hypothetical anyway.