Jibbing?

LS-Charlton

34 minutes ago, Hugh Jass II said:

How many people are in WV? Few thousand? 5k max? Sticklinch isn't bigger so even if it's the same size (it isn't) you're probably looking at less than 10% of all paying punters staying there.

It's hardly taking over.

I think between the two sites it's 15,000 but I have no idea where I read that!

Edited by ProperTea

36 minutes ago, Hugh Jass II said:

How many people are in WV? Few thousand? 5k max? Sticklinch isn't bigger so even if it's the same size (it isn't) you're probably looking at less than 10% of all paying punters staying there.

It's hardly taking over.

My guess would be a bit higher. Probably about 10-15k between the pair of them and then another thousand or so in TF.

But yeah your point still stands.

1 hour ago, Leyrulion said:

You can transfer the ticket to up to 5 different people by writing a different name on the back. 

Only one person is allowed to be on the festival at any one time on the ticket, you're meant to leave, write the others name on it and they then go in. 

What happens is they go in with you on another ticket, take your ticket off you. Then use it again whilst you're still in the festival.

Understood, thanks. So, once you're in, you're stuck in for the duration, and without a wristband, right? If so, not difficult to slam a bunch of random wristbands on to blend in, and I'd have my kids with me too which generally seems to make security 100% uninterested/unsuspicious in you.

I'm up for it, how does one get in touch with local villagers???? 🙂 Write to everybody in Pilton? Or is there a network for this kinda thing?

3 minutes ago, dirtysteve said:

Understood, thanks. So, once you're in, you're stuck in for the duration, and without a wristband, right? If so, not difficult to slam a bunch of random wristbands on to blend in, and I'd have my kids with me too which generally seems to make security 100% uninterested/unsuspicious in you.

I'm up for it, how does one get in touch with local villagers???? 🙂 Write to everybody in Pilton? Or is there a network for this kinda thing?

I mean you've no idea if they're just going to fleece you before handing over £500. They also tend to use it for mates first.