Blondie Glastonbury 1999

Nutella Versace

I watched the Blondie set from 1999 on BBC 2 last night. While it states that they performed on the Pyramid stage, the crowd & field looks like the Pyramid stage, everything looks like it’s the Pyramid stage apart from…. The stage, which is distinctly un-pyramid like. Images of REM headlining are definitely on the Pyramid stage so does anybody know what happened with Blondie’s stage? I’m curious. 

IMG_3595.png

Edited by Nutella Versace

The one thing to add to that article is that 1999 was the first year that the field adopted the current layout.

Previously the stage was located approximately where the joint charities stand now is, and more directly facing the farmhouse. So that's why footage up until 1998 looks a bit more unfamiliar.

36 minutes ago, Nutella Versace said:

I watched the Blondie set from 1999 on BBC 2 last night. While it states that they performed on the Pyramid stage, the crowd & field looks like the Pyramid stage, everything looks like it’s the Pyramid stage apart from…. The stage, which is distinctly un-pyramid like. Images of REM headlining are definitely on the Pyramid stage so does anybody know what happened with Blondie’s stage? I’m curious. 

IMG_3595.png

the old pyramid stage burned down shortly before the 1999 festival so they had to use a normal rental stage. the festival then commissioned the design and build of the current pyramid stage.

19 hours ago, incident said:

The one thing to add to that article is that 1999 was the first year that the field adopted the current layout.

Previously the stage was located approximately where the joint charities stand now is, and more directly facing the farmhouse. So that's why footage up until 1998 looks a bit more unfamiliar.

Never knew that!