2025 R&L Festival

Chad888

8 hours ago, charlierc said:

If this turns out to be a success, would this make it possible that he's in the mix for headlining R&L next year? Or do we think he could just make this more of a thing.

I think Foo Fighters, Courteeners, Yungblud, Biffy Clyro and Dua Lipa are all in the running for the two biggest main stage slots. BMTH could easily make up a 6th one. FF, Dua Lipa and BMTH taking the end 3. Yungblud, Biffy Clyro, Courteeners getting the nod below. 

29 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

Paramore x Tyler, The Creator 

Olivia Rodrigo x Little Simz 

Foo Fighters x YUNGBLUD 

I guarantee Reading wont have 3 female based headliners in 2025, they have never been the festival even with the chance to feel the need to promote that. I think very unlikely they don't grab a Glastonbury headliner too, there is a long standing pattern of that and it returned again like that with Billie Eilish...

Obviously in 2020 and 21 Glastonbury didn't run so it couldn't. So I'd choose Dua Lipa over SZA as their option. 

5 hours ago, northernangel said:

I think Foo Fighters, Courteeners, Yungblud, Biffy Clyro and Dua Lipa are all in the running for the two biggest main stage slots. BMTH could easily make up a 6th one. FF, Dua Lipa and BMTH taking the end 3. Yungblud, Biffy Clyro, Courteeners getting the nod below. 

2 hours ago, Andre91 said:

Paramore x Tyler, The Creator 

Olivia Rodrigo x Little Simz 

Foo Fighters x YUNGBLUD 

These would both be quite weak vs this year

Those second headliner trios are very weak, esp northernangel's

15 minutes ago, northernangel said:

Whether he could or not, he isn't. I'm going by what we know and what we can see, rather than wee we think could happen.

as Muppetmark said, what a stupid argument

Guess its Chase & Status and Yungblud headlining next year? Forget the 3rd headliner - these are MK Bowl acts!

Its not even sold out yet and is £50 a pop ffs - hardly the price of a massive headliner

-----------

18 minutes ago, northernangel said:

You're easily getting a headliner though in there bigger than any of them. Plus none of Gerry, Catfish or Fred are doing MK Bowl. 

Yungblud, Biffy and Courteeners is weak vs Gerry, comeback Catfish and Lana (or Fred - who is the main headliner anyway)

If you upgrade Courteeners to someone decent then we can talk

Edited by gfa

4 minutes ago, wghennessy said:

I think we are 18 months away and YB has a new album coming along this year. Who knows where that takes him.

I don't think me or Muppetmark disagree he could do the second headliner slot - more that the MK Bowl argument was completely ridiculous

1 hour ago, Muppetmark said:

What a silly argument then , Liam Gallagher, blink 182, Lana, Paramore, orod etc aren't doing mk bowl 

Fred hasn't told anywhere near as much as Liam, Blink, Lana or even Paramore. 

1 hour ago, gfa said:

as Muppetmark said, what a stupid argument

Guess its Chase & Status and Yungblud headlining next year? Forget the 3rd headliner - these are MK Bowl acts!

Its not even sold out yet and is £50 a pop ffs - hardly the price of a massive headliner

-----------

Yungblud, Biffy and Courteeners is weak vs Gerry, comeback Catfish and Lana (or Fred - who is the main headliner anyway)

If you upgrade Courteeners to someone decent then we can talk

Catfish isn't the biggest option they could have booked to be honest.

Yungblud is a massive seller and had openly made a point about wanting to keep costs down so by that grade he wouldn't be the massive price you talk of from making steps purely not to be.

13 minutes ago, northernangel said:

Fred hasn't told anywhere near as much as Liam, Blink, Lana or even Paramore. 

Catfish isn't the biggest option they could have booked to be honest.

Yungblud is a massive seller and had openly made a point about wanting to keep costs down so by that grade he wouldn't be the massive price you talk of from making steps purely not to be.

Fred did 50k at Ally Pally in seconds, Lana did 55k at BST last year in a few hours and their day is sold out

Blink and Liam's days aren't sold out - i'm not saying they aren't bigger acts, they definitely are...

but your MK Bowl argument is completely ridiculous!! Nobody gives a sh*t about the sodding MK Bowl - a venue used about 3 times a year if that 😂

1 hour ago, gfa said:

Fred did 50k at Ally Pally in seconds, Lana did 55k at BST last year in a few hours and their day is sold out

Blink and Liam's days aren't sold out - i'm not saying they aren't bigger acts, they definitely are...

but your MK Bowl argument is completely ridiculous!! Nobody gives a sh*t about the sodding MK Bowl - a venue used about 3 times a year if that 😂

It's not because it's been seen multiple times artists selling multiple nights easier than one bigger venue.

1 hour ago, northernangel said:

It's not because it's been seen multiple times artists selling multiple nights easier than one bigger venue.

Yungblud has a full supporting bill though?

Fred could have have easily done more nights if he wanted lol

The Courteeners aren’t selling Reading festival tickets in the year of our lord 2024

FR won’t give them anywhere near the money they could likely earn doing a couple of their own gigs up north.

They may get a 3rd spot in the new world a la TDCC, they’re not going to be a big name on the poster though

13 minutes ago, gfa said:

Yungblud has a full supporting bill though?

Fred could have have easily done more nights if he wanted lol

Great value that Yungblud gig. They can’t be making much money but it will be great for his career if it sells well

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Benj said:

The Courteeners aren’t selling Reading festival tickets in the year of our lord 2024

FR won’t give them anywhere near the money they could likely earn doing a couple of their own gigs up north.

They may get a 3rd spot in the new world a la TDCC, they’re not going to be a big name on the poster though

Not sure mate after Gerry got the spot - very similar acts with a northern demographic

1 hour ago, gfa said:

Not sure mate after Gerry got the spot - very similar acts with a northern demographic

Main difference being he's made some records people have listened to in the last 15 years...

21 minutes ago, Benj said:

Main difference being he's made some records people have listened to in the last 15 years...

If your trying to suggest Courteeners aren't wildly popular despite the age of their records with the school leavers crowd your clearly living under a rock

they are complete crap but they are just as popular as Gerry

23 minutes ago, gfa said:

If your trying to suggest Courteeners aren't wildly popular despite the age of their records with the school leavers crowd your clearly living under a rock

they are complete crap but they are just as popular as Gerry

What metrics are you using to determine this?

A few mates who are into them?

To counter your anecdotal evidence my nieces and nephew in the UK (20,18,15) have literally never heard of them…

Cinnamon has double the Spotify monthly listeners, 8x the instragram followers, 20x the TikTok following (both are tiny).

The Courteeners are in no way “Wildly popular” with school leavers, it’s simply not a slightly true statement.

Theyre playing second to Jamie T at Victorious godsake 🤣… Cinnamon is clearly a MUCH bigger live draw 

Edited by Benj

40 minutes ago, Benj said:

What metrics are you using to determine this?

A few mates who are into them?

To counter your anecdotal evidence my nieces and nephew in the UK (20,18,15) have literally never heard of them…

Cinnamon has double the Spotify monthly listeners, 8x the instragram followers, 20x the TikTok following (both are tiny).

The Courteeners are in no way “Wildly popular” with school leavers, it’s simply not a slightly true statement.

Theyre playing second to Jamie T at Victorious godsake 🤣… Cinnamon is clearly a MUCH bigger live draw 

Anecdotal evidence? A few mates? You think i have mates sat on here all day 😂 my lot don't really like courteeners (as i said they are quite crap) - i'd say they definitely prefer Gerry (also quite crap). Courteeners are popular among people, Not Nineteen Forever is obviously a step below Mr Brightside and probably at an equal level to something like I Bet That You Look Good on the Dancefloor in the uk when it comes to that kind of indie. Thats why they headline all the superstruct fests on the regular, do huge park shows up north etc.

If your nieces and nephew haven't heard of them - thats fair enough, but i doubt they know who Gerry Cinnamon is either. Seem very likely to just not like indie in general. Great anecdotal evidence none the less

--------

Victorious the most southerly festival in the country probably

Gerry is a tad bigger i'll admit but there isn't much in it - and he is definitely a bit bigger down south

They headline all the same festivals up north and do similar size shows beyond Birmingham

Courteeners would be a crap second headliner but its inevitable eventually and would do just find under the biggest headliner of 2025

Anyway to distract from the Yungblud / Gerry / Courteeners face off of who is the crappest act to make it big (above Birmingham)

Wonder how ticket sales are doing? When the lineup came out i felt it was going to sell out very quickly - since the Fred / Lana reading day going there doesn't seem to have been much movement