MSE: Noah Kahan
MSW: Central Cee

MSE: Foo Fighters
MSW: Kasabian

MSE: Dua Lipa
MSE: Bring Me The Horizon

This looks sensible and would do well I think

30 minutes ago, Benj said:

Deffo a good mix for weekenders, the Friday and a Sunday will be a tough day ticket shift though

After I posted I thought better pairings might be

Noah Kahan // Kasabian

Dua Lipa // Central Cee

Foo Fighters // Bring Me The Horizon

Following on from that

MSE: Noah Kahan, AJ Tracey, Phoebe Bridgers
MSW: Kasabian, Courteeners, Inhaler

MSE: Olivia Rodrigo, Jack Harlow, MGMT
MSW: Central Cee, Beabadoobee, Rina Sawayama

MSE: Foo Fighters, Chase + Status, Blossoms
MSW: Bring Me The Horizon, The Last Dinner Party, Turnstile

13 minutes ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

After I posted I thought better pairings might be

Noah Kahan // Kasabian

Dua Lipa // Central Cee

Foo Fighters // Bring Me The Horizon

6 minutes ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

Following on from that

MSE: Noah Kahan, AJ Tracey, Phoebe Bridgers
MSW: Kasabian, Courteeners, Inhaler

MSE: Olivia Rodrigo, Jack Harlow, MGMT
MSW: Central Cee, Beabadoobee, Rina Sawayama

You've made this awful for weekend tickets now though I think

Rock fans are only going to bother with the Sunday - the other two days are more likely though

If theres poor weather the GCSE lot will definitely be leaving early!

1 hour ago, gfa said:

You've made this awful for weekend tickets now though I think

Rock fans are only going to bother with the Sunday - the other two days are more likely though

If theres poor weather the GCSE lot will definitely be leaving early!

This is the BIG problem without the Big Tent

The Sunday is already terrible for those who aren’t big dark fruiters. Theyre gonna have to fill the lower lineup with stuff for the weekend kids. Ultimately, no one is really happy

I think this is the future. They assume the kids will turn up whatever, have a single big name to keep them placated (Fred Again) with a lineup otherwise full of TikTok smashes…Then hope they can sell £150 day tickets to stans / boomers who are only going to turn up at 6pm

17 hours ago, Benj said:

This is the BIG problem without the Big Tent

The Sunday is already terrible for those who aren’t big dark fruiters. Theyre gonna have to fill the lower lineup with stuff for the weekend kids. Ultimately, no one is really happy

I think this is the future. They assume the kids will turn up whatever, have a single big name to keep them placated (Fred Again) with a lineup otherwise full of TikTok smashes…Then hope they can sell £150 day tickets to stans / boomers who are only going to turn up at 6pm

This is hardly 'big dark fruiters'

There's Blossoms and thats it lol

3 hours ago, gfa said:

This is hardly 'big dark fruiters'

There's Blossoms and thats it lol

Sorry, was referring to 2024 with the Sunday comment, hence then referring to Fred...

The dark fruiters are rioting at that predicted 25 line up, other than MSW on the Friday.

My confusing point was that its impossible to please Weekend ticket holders, while also producing a lineup attractive to people just going for the day.  The beauty of old Reading was that you could appeal to everyone. It's far harder to do now, with the loss of 7-8 big slots and a niche tent

That Sunday is actually  pretty much as good as you can get I reckon.  Foo Fighters will likely appeal to pretty much all, BMTH for the 'Rock' Element and then Chase and Status for dance... No one is going to have too long being bored

Edited by Benj

19 minutes ago, Benj said:

Sorry, was referring to 2024 with the Sunday comment, hence then referring to Fred...

The dark fruiters are rioting at that predicted 25 line up, other than MSW on the Friday.

My confusing point was that its impossible to please Weekend ticket holders, while also producing a lineup attractive to people just going for the day.  The beauty of old Reading was that you could appeal to everyone. It's far harder to do now, with the loss of 7-8 big slots and a niche tent

That Sunday is actually  pretty much as good as you can get I reckon.  Foo Fighters will likely appeal to pretty much all, BMTH for the 'Rock' Element and then Chase and Status for dance... No one is going to have too long being bored

I get you regarding this.

Announcement at 6pm tomorrow - probably the poster. lets see I guess!

Also Foo Fighters definitely do not appeal to 'pretty much all' 😂

Anyone who mostly likes dance and rap has 1 act. Indie has 0 - foos at a push

7 minutes ago, gfa said:

Also Foo Fighters definitely do not appeal to 'pretty much all' 😂

You don't reckon theyre one of those bands that everyone's happy to see now, pretty much any age? A la Killers etc...

Its not like theyre super heavy or anything

1 minute ago, Benj said:

You don't reckon theyre one of those bands that everyone's happy to see now, pretty much any age? A la Killers etc...

Its not like theyre super heavy or anything

Foos don't have a song as universally popular as Mr. Brightside, so no. The Killers are very much on the pop rock side of the genre, Foos aren't that poppy really.

9 minutes ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

Foos don't have a song as universally popular as Mr. Brightside, so no. The Killers are very much on the pop rock side of the genre, Foos aren't that poppy really.

But they have far more ‘popular’ songs

If they’re not popular with all, that Sunday is sh*t then for the weekend kids

20 hours ago, Benj said:

But they have far more ‘popular’ songs

If they’re not popular with all, that Sunday is sh*t then for the weekend kids

They aren't like the Killers over here who are essentially an AM equivalent popularity wise for younger people

Foos are definitely not like AM here.

1 hour ago, gfa said:

They aren't like the Killers over here who are essentially an AM equivalent popularity wise for younger people

Foos are definitely not like AM here.

Are Killers really that big with the kids?  The crowds at Leeds suggests otherwise 

27 minutes ago, Benj said:

Are Killers really that big with the kids?  The crowds at Leeds suggests otherwise 

AM was a stretch but they are definitely more relevant than Foos

2 minutes ago, gfa said:

AM was a stretch but they are definitely more relevant than Foos

Genuinely surprised by that given the difference in PR both seem to get these days

Mr Brightside is a truly powerful beast!

2 minutes ago, Tom Connolly said:

my hunch is that we’re gonna see a return to 3 headliners next year

Only way I can see that happening is if they booked the 6 headliners this year before they decided to scrap MSW. Which I think is probably unlikely.

5 minutes ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

Only way I can see that happening is if they booked the 6 headliners this year before they decided to scrap MSW. Which I think is probably unlikely.

I just think that this year is a soft transition, for people who have only started going post covid i feel like saying "we're getting rid of a main stage and you're only getting half the headliners" is too big of a blow in one. Give us Foos, Dua and Kendrick next year and everybody is happy. Throw in Olivia Rodrigo as a special guest and we are cooking.

9 hours ago, Tom Connolly said:

my hunch is that we’re gonna see a return to 3 headliners next year

I don't think so

This year theres 4 headliners big enough to do it in the old format plus 2 others, moving back to 3 and then subs would just make it seem smaller.

1 hour ago, gfa said:

I don't think so

This year theres 4 headliners big enough to do it in the old format plus 2 others, moving back to 3 and then subs would just make it seem smaller.

I think you’re right. The beauty of the 6 headliner thing is in the marketing. In effect they can call anyone they want a headliner and it will help sell the fest as long as they have 3 bins fide, big names

You will get people whining about Cinnamon, CATBM, Imagine Dragons, Foals, Megan Thee Stallion not being big enough to headline, simply calling them headliners helps sell what would be at worst very strong subs.

18 minutes ago, Benj said:

I think you’re right. The beauty of the 6 headliner thing is in the marketing. In effect they can call anyone they want a headliner and it will help sell the fest as long as they have 3 bins fide, big names

You will get people whining about Cinnamon, CATBM, Imagine Dragons, Foals, Megan Thee Stallion not being big enough to headline, simply calling them headliners helps sell what would be at worst very strong subs.

There's really not much drawback about calling them headliners for no reason.

Two key benefits are helping shift extra tickets, but also helps with female headliners a lot of the time

3 hours ago, Benj said:

yeah this is a good point tbf, i have changed my mind 

Changed my mind. Manifesting Tame Impala: 

MAIN: Foo Fighters / Kasabian / Lil Uzi Vert / IDLES 

CHEVRON: Bicep

R1: Little Simz

FR: The Story So Far 

MAIN: Doja Cat / Tame Impala / PinkPantheress / Blossoms 

CHEVRON: Andy C 

R1: The Vaccines

FR: Arlo Parks

MAIN: Paramore / Tyler, The Creator / Enter Shikari / Bad Omens

CHEVRON: Chase & Status