third-party help in booking?

Chinakat

Is it ok for a non-attending, non registered person who gets through to booking, to put down a deposit for someone else who is? Ie the credit card details wouldn't match the registered person or their postcode. Or if I give them my card details... hmmm... I suspect not (they'd be swamped if not restricted to groups) but just checking!

40 minutes ago, Chinakat said:

Is it ok for a non-attending, non registered person who gets through to booking, to put down a deposit for someone else who is? Ie the credit card details wouldn't match the registered person or their postcode. Or if I give them my card details... hmmm... I suspect not (they'd be swamped if not restricted to groups) but just checking!

I don't know, but can't see why not. I can't recall having given card details when registering (a long time ago). Even if that were a thing, it wouldn't be very fair, as people could easily have changed cards since registering in the first place*

I know someone who rang up her card company to say she'd lost yet another card. The person responded with something like 'Wow, that's amazing - you are already on issue number 40+ cards'. She then asked the person 'Was she the 'best' at losing cards on the block'? She was disappointed as there was one other person who had lost more cards than her. 

9 hours ago, Chinakat said:

Yes, that's fine.  The friend who got through yesterday for our coach lot paid with his own card and he's not one of the 6 on that booking.