Ticket Competitions 2024

Crazyfool01

9 hours ago, efcfanwirral said:

I thought the same but I like the lineup more than most other years I've been, so much strength in depth for what I like. Now I'm desperate to get there! 

I totally echo what you said about depth - that’s what always gets me about Glasto. Tremendous value for money when you look at the line up and how much it covers off.

16 hours ago, BlueDaze said:

Jaded...

the perfect sentiment.

Of course I want to go but the whole ticket getting process just has me wanting it to be over and done this weekend, so I can move on...

I had a great run from 2007 to 2019, that I always thought was down to my organisation and preparedness.. But (assuming the worst this weekend) missing 2 out of 3 will definitely have me moving closer to a "cant be arsed" attitude..

You're me except I had a start date of 2005 rather than 2007. Just don't seem to get a sniff nowadays, and like you say what I put down to "preparedness" previously might have just been luck. There's only me and my partner go, and we've only got one friend who helps us out on T-day, so moving forward unless we join a syndicate or something then it's going to be a much rarer event for us in future.

I'm going to try in the coach resale tonight, but with a toddler that needs babysitting while we're away (if we get tickets), and the nearest coach 2 hours drive away anyway (at day/times unknown until I get through to the booking screen) it's a bit of a logistical nightmare! But then there's always Sunday, and competitions... they just keep stringing you along!

Was going to try to head to central for the Chilly's thing and had a delusion I'd win and give 2 of the tickets to someone else trying, but unfortunately can't make it work 💔 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Fearless_Fish said:

You're me except I had a start date of 2005 rather than 2007. Just don't seem to get a sniff nowadays, and like you say what I put down to "preparedness" previously might have just been luck. There's only me and my partner go, and we've only got one friend who helps us out on T-day, so moving forward unless we join a syndicate or something then it's going to be a much rarer event for us in future.

I'm not yet convinced about this tbh. It is definitely always been much more luck than judgement (although preparedness certainly helps to increase your luck), but the last ticket day (and the few before perhaps?) there were people taking advantage of See Tickets' booking system arrangement; the hosts file/IP trick. Even a small amount of people using this to hog the booking screen and rinse out dozens of orders each would be enough to make it much more difficult for normal folk to get a look in. I do wonder if that trick has now been totally disabled/made redundant? We'll see tonight, perhaps...

11 minutes ago, Lucy92 said:

I have eaten a worrying amount of Tony’s 

I’m 7 bars in …. I’ve stopped at that … but have figured out the correct amount of insulin to inject to match half a bar 😂don’t even need tickets . I was hoping to send some on 

• Like 1

Just now, Crazyfool01 said:

I’m 7 bars in …. I’ve stopped at that … but have figured out the correct amount of insulin to inject to match half a bar 😂don’t even need tickets . I was hoping to send some on 

Ha I love this! I’ve basically decided I’ll buy our years supply from the comp. Although I’m not now storing it and just eating it 🤣

1 minute ago, Lucy92 said:

Ha I love this! I’ve basically decided I’ll buy our years supply from the comp. Although I’m not now storing it and just eating it 🤣

Fitness for Glastonbury thread expecting a surge in demand 

1 minute ago, Crazyfool01 said:

Fitness for Glastonbury thread expecting a surge in demand 

I’m doing a marathon distance hike across mountains for charity in June the weekend before Glastonbury 🤪 I mean it’s all fuel… right? 

Edited by Lucy92

26 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

I've only had one of those ciders, normally I like Brothers but not these

I don't mind the berry sub-lime but the others are proving difficult to get through! 😂

I've been eating a lot of cheese, chocolate and will be tea soon. I drink a lot of tea anyway! So that's exciting. 

31 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

you are a good man @Crazyfool01but are you allowed to gift the tickets on..?? I thought in most cases the tickets went to you and a guest?

October Drift on Monday btw.... so if i am left miserable on Sunday, I will have something to cheer me up 🙂 

3 minutes ago, BlueDaze said:

you are a good man @Crazyfool01but are you allowed to gift the tickets on..?? I thought in most cases the tickets went to you and a guest?

October Drift on Monday btw.... so if i am left miserable on Sunday, I will have something to cheer me up 🙂 

cant see an issue if nobody was to know  🙂 

Just now, GuildfordGlastoGirl said:

Indeed - the benefit of the tony's one is that there is no need to identify a name until you have the piece of cardboard/paper saying you've won. And I'm certain any of us here would happily be known as a crazy fool, in the circumstances!

dont need to even be known as that if the ticket were sent on securely and the qr code not activated