Download 2025

Andre91

2 minutes ago, Spiral_Low said:

Dogtooth is the best stage this year so I would be against it going!

Problem with running second against main is the sound bleed. It's why I think they do go double main stage they'd need to replace second with a tent.

The Dogtooth lineup this year, particularly the Friday and Saturday, is stunning. 

17 minutes ago, NorthernSoul52 said:

Slayer one of those bands where, if the reunion had happened six months ago, might have been tapped to play in 2024.

Anyway, Sleep Token, MCR and Iron Maiden feels like an excellent trio, barring the fact it's Maiden again. (Of course, if Maiden are onto a new history tour by then, should be a crowd-pleaser.)

Yeah, it’s a great trio. However, the more time that passes with nothing from MCR, I think they could go for Blink-182 if MCR aren’t active. 

Edited by Andre91

1 hour ago, Spiral_Low said:

Dogtooth is the best stage this year so I would be against it going!

Problem with running second against main is the sound bleed. It's why I think they do go double main stage they'd need to replace second with a tent.

I wasn't suggesting Download remove what is generally played in the Dogtooth, but put in the bigger tent not on a slope and in a better space. Probably wasn't clear enough.

This is an example of what was suggesting based on this years line-up. I moved 4 bands around, but they don't have any other dates so used a little creative liberty.

Friday

Main stage 1 - Queens of the Stone Age/Black Stone Cherry/Mr. Bungle/Those Damn Crows/The Blue Stones

Main stage 2 - Royal Blood/Tom Morello/The Struts/Vukovi/All Them Witches

Second stage - Bad Omens/Polyphia/Escape the Fate/Scene Queen/Of Mice & Men/Dream State/Hanabie/AViVA/Oxymorrons

Tent - Biohazard/HEALTH/Make Them Suffer/Scowl/Speed/Ithaca/Zulu/The Callous Daoboys/Urne/Frozemode/Defects

Bands moved to other days: Heilung, Busted, Wheatus

Bands from other days: Tom Morello

Bands missing: STORM

Saturday

Main stage 1: Fall Out Boy/Enter Shikari/Babymetal/Frank Carter & the Rattlesnakes/The Hunna/Wargasm

Main stage 2: The Offspring/While She Sleeps/Billy Talent/Holding Absence/Silverstein/Noahfinnce

Second stage: Pantera/Heilung/Fear Factory/Slaughter to Prevail/Bleed from Within/Alpha Wolf/Asinhell/Heriot/HotWax

Tent: Karnivool/Alien Weaponry/Dying Fetus/Ne Obliviscaris/Dying Wish/Gel/Guilt Trip/RØRY/Charlotte Sands/Calva Louise/Alt Blk Era/DeathbyRomy/Knife Bride

Bands moved to other days: Tom Morello

Bands from other days: Heilung

Bands missing: Celestial Sanctuary

Sunday

Main stage 1:Avenged Sevenfold/Limp Bizkit/Corey Taylor/Electric Callboy/Code Orange/Thy Art Is Murder

Main stage 2: Machine Head/Sum 41/The Used/Hoobastank/Lord of the Lost/Royal Republic

Second stage: Busted/Bowling for Soup/Wheatus/Tigercub/Zebrahead/311/Royal & the Serpent/Crystal Lake/Kelsy Karter & the Heroines/Pinkshift

Tent: The Black Dahlia Murder/Counterparts/Atreyu/Erra/Fit for a King/Shadow of Intent/Imminence/Brand of Sacrifice/Halocene/Missio/Underside/Pest Control/Harper/Cemetery Sun

Bands from other days: Busted, Wheatus

Bands missing: Until I Wake, Delilah Bon

This year was obviously booked as per the current format, so this doesn't work as well as you would want in some parts, but it gives you an idea of the type of bookings you could end up with in what is the Avalanche tent. It would also give you the chance to book bigger heavy acts like Cannibal Corpse, Emperor, Tesseract, Candlemass, etc. doing a slot in a bigger tent that would work well.

Having said and written that, the more I think about it, the more I think it should stick with the current format, but ensuring that third and fourth clash with main. I also think that as more pop-punk/alternative/emo/metalcore gets booked on main/second they should lose the focuses that the Avalanche and Dogtooth have. Having it so it is something like would work well:

Friday - Avalanche: Bury Tomorrow  Dogtooth: Boston Manor

Saturday - Avalanche: Cannibal Corpse  Dogtooth: Chelsea Wolfe

Sunday - Avalanche: New Found Glory  Dogtooth: Watain 

4 hours ago, Andre91 said:

Yeah, it’s a great trio. However, the more time that passes with nothing from MCR, I think they could go for Blink-182 if MCR aren’t active. 

They are headlining WWWY in October. They will start getting announced for stuff later this year.

8 minutes ago, Spiral_Low said:

Just looked at Feeders March dates and I'm impressed they are still playing decent size venues and a fair few of them too. Would be a perfect Avalanche headliner. 

Still put on a good live show too, or did when I caught them a few years back. 

• Upvote 1

On 2/24/2024 at 10:09 AM, Andre91 said:

Fair shout.

On the matter of Maiden, BD's solo record is out and... can't say I'm a fan, which is a shame. Probably needs a few more spins for fair judgement.

On 2/28/2024 at 7:36 PM, BenG92 said:

Still put on a good live show too, or did when I caught them a few years back. 

I caught them in Wales a few years ago and it was a hit boring. Very much just going through the motions.

2 hours ago, NorthernSoul52 said:

Fair shout.

On the matter of Maiden, BD's solo record is out and... can't say I'm a fan, which is a shame. Probably needs a few more spins for fair judgement.

Sleep Token, Blink 182 and Iron Maiden would be a current guess as I read Download wanted Blink this year.

On 3/1/2024 at 12:09 PM, northernangel said:

I caught them in Wales a few years ago and it was a hit boring. Very much just going through the motions.

Sleep Token, Blink 182 and Iron Maiden would be a current guess as I read Download wanted Blink this year.

for some reason I think its more likely blink goes to the IOW festival instead

On 3/3/2024 at 4:55 PM, RandomEnglishPerson said:

its just that recently i saw the IOW insta page follow them, so fsr it gives me that idea

Oh, fair enough. Not implausible! I'd just assumed Green Day would be more... MOR to an IOW crowd. 

Probably the same old story. Do Download and you can't do your own dates. Do IOW and you can. Blink 182 might wanna try for a stadium date or 2 alongside a fest so makes sense. Get a decent support bill and they'd probably sell it (especially if they took along someone like The Offspring). 

Edited by Spiral_Low

5 hours ago, Spiral_Low said:

Probably the same old story. Do Download and you can't do your own dates. Do IOW and you can. Blink 182 might wanna try for a stadium date or 2 alongside a fest so makes sense. Get a decent support bill and they'd probably sell it (especially if they took along someone like The Offspring). 

Aren't The Offspring bowing out?

8 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

I can see Blink at Download way more than IOW. Proven ticket shifter, fit the newer direction Download has gone in. They’d be a home run booking. They’d be better received than FOB, I think. 

I'd concur with that assessment.

On 1/22/2024 at 4:49 PM, Steve G said:

8System Of A Down, Five Finger Death Punch, 

Judas Priest 

Green Day ( Insomniac/American Idiot in full), Prodigy 

Bad Omens 

Iron Maiden, Ghost, 

A Day To Remember 

They'll play it more safe if this year doesn't sell too well and playing it safe is getting Maiden play for there 50th anniversary. 

Hope not, scumbags

On 3/7/2024 at 6:52 PM, Andre91 said:

I can see Blink at Download way more than IOW. Proven ticket shifter, fit the newer direction Download has gone in. They’d be a home run booking. They’d be better received than FOB, I think. 

I agree with this but interesting IOW have recently followed Blink. It would make sense if Blink want to play a big gig on mainland far enough from IOW that it makes no difference. Something I can't see Download letting happen, certainly not for Blink. They also directly fit like a glove in that Green Say slot.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/9/2024 at 2:03 PM, zahidf said:

Hope not, scumbags

So the people not involved are the scumbags, but the person you perceive to be a scumbag isn't worthy of your fake offence. Interesting. Where is Lee when you need him (he is good at this sort of nonsense). Grow up kid or you will never go to another gig in your life due to some bands connection to something else. 

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Spiral_Low said:

Korn London Gunnersbury Park date already sold out. Shows that they do shift tickets. 

Not sure anyone questioned they shifted tickets, but it's 20k with a decent undrcard already announced and got Limp Bizkit no further than the sub people believed they could do anyway.

It's probably an obvious booking that they will sub again. With Sleep Token and ADTR being my guess.

Edited by northernangel

42 minutes ago, northernangel said:

Not sure anyone questioned they shifted tickets, but it's 20k with a decent undrcard already announced and got Limp Bizkit no further than the sub people believed they could do anyway.

It's probably an obvious booking that they will sub again. With Sleep Token and ADTR being my guess.

It's 25K which is more than the O2 (which is 20k) and Downloads headliners logic is should be able to sell 2 nights at O2....Korn also doing smaller venues sure but point is they still pull in the fans and could deffo headline.

I'm not really a fan of Limp Bizkit but I would argue they should be headlining over AX7 and I wouldn't be surprised if they got a bigger crowd. Korn got a bigger crowd than Biffy in 2022.