NOS Alive 2024

TheNewUnion

On 2/27/2024 at 3:43 PM, birchtree29 said:

11 july-arcade fire, the smashing pumpkins, nothing but thieves (missing 1)

12 july-dua lipa,t-rex (missing 3)

13 july-pearl jam, sum 41, the breeders (missing 2)

5 bands/artists are missing and highly likely that they are already announced in the second line of mad cool lineup.

Tyla is the first name for the NOS stage on Jul 12. 2 artists remaining for July 12. She is also a second line artist in Mad Cool

7 hours ago, Archi said:

I didn't know Tyla before I see the poster today... I bought a ticket just to see Dua Lipa at Nos Alive. Gonna have to discover many artists of that day on Spotify!

She doesn’t even have an album. She only has singles. She is one of the artists that one of their songs got famous on tiktok and now have high streaming numbers. Kenya Grace is also like that but she is on the fifth line which is more suitable for Tyla as well. Aurora or Michael Kiwanuka could’ve been a better artist for that position. At least they have a longer musical career. 

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Bazac450 said:

can we assume they are still scrambling to get main stage acts? if they were crossovers from Mad Cool surely they would have been announced by now. have they maxxed out the budget already?

Clearly, they are having difficulty completing the line-up. It's almost April and the full line-up hasn't been announced yet. In 2023, I think the full line-up was announced in mid-February. And as you say, the missing artists are probably not Mad Cool artists. My expectations for the remaining performers are very low.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/26/2024 at 6:53 PM, LaurentExpos said:

Clearly, they are having difficulty completing the line-up. It's almost April and the full line-up hasn't been announced yet. In 2023, I think the full line-up was announced in mid-February. And as you say, the missing artists are probably not Mad Cool artists. My expectations for the remaining performers are very low.

Yeah, it's all gone a bit flat hasn't it. Still. the lineup so far is strong and any festival would be happy to have Pearl Jam, Arcade Fire and Dua Lipa. For my taste at least, they have probably the best headline trio this summer. Looks like Avril is busy, she'd be a great addition. Maybe Janelle, Garbage? I'd love to see Gaslight Anthem but I suppose they're out, travel wise. 

If anyone is interested, Chaka Khan and Morcheeba are playing in Cascais on the Wednesday before the festival at CoolJazz. Just booked the cheapest standing tickets, less than 30 quid each. The park where CoolJazz is, is lovely. Bars, foodstalls and very close ot Cascais for food/drink before or after. We've an early flight on that day, but an afternoon nap will set us up for the gig. A nice warm up for the festival and a 5 minute walk back to our AirBnB after the show!

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 4

On 4/12/2024 at 6:48 PM, TheNewUnion said:

If anyone is interested, Chaka Khan and Morcheeba are playing in Cascais on the Wednesday before the festival at CoolJazz. Just booked the cheapest standing tickets, less than 30 quid each. The park where CoolJazz is, is lovely. Bars, foodstalls and very close ot Cascais for food/drink before or after. We've an early flight on that day, but an afternoon nap will set us up for the gig. A nice warm up for the festival and a 5 minute walk back to our AirBnB after the show!

We've got the same tickets! We're lucky enough to be in Cascais the week before Nos, so we'll see Air the day before Chaka Khan, and the legend that is Patti Smith on the 7th in Oeiras! 😊

• Upvote 1

On 4/15/2024 at 9:25 AM, Ajay said:

We've got the same tickets! We're lucky enough to be in Cascais the week before Nos, so we'll see Air the day before Chaka Khan, and the legend that is Patti Smith on the 7th in Oeiras! 😊

I'd love to see AIR